“Setback” for Kupp (“muscle strain”)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not a “setback” but rather a setback.

Out this week, damnit.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Disappointed Big Daddy GIF

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Kupp is out… and maybe to IR :(.

Assuming Kupp misses 4 games:

Who do you think will be our leading receiver? Higbee? Van? Puka? Tutu?

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Well apparently Kupp's out. Hammy issues and He's 30 now. Who knows. McVay doesn't sound very positive.

Psycho_X

Legend
Shut him down for a month and hope he gets over it for the majority of the season. One position we are ok at with depth is WR... obviously no Kupp is a hit no matter what but as long as the rest of our WRs stay relatively healthy we should be ok. We get an early look to see if Puka is as good as we all think he'll be at least. Tutu is the wild card whether our WRs will be good or great.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kupp is out… and maybe to IR :(.

Assuming Kupp misses 4 games:

Who do you think will be our leading receiver? Higbee? Van? Puka? Tutu?
Yeah I think him seeking out the expert was a tell. What it means who knows but serious hamstring injuries can keep you out a while. So I'm prepared for a month or so, maybe short term IR. Seems like where this is heading but maybe we get lucky.

Either way I don't blame them for keeping this under wraps. Make SF and Cincy gameplan for Kupp even if they know he's not gonna be available.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Welp…
There was Rams football before Kupp and there will be Rams Football after Kupp.

I’m pumped for Rams Football this Sunday!

Get better Coop!!!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Yeah I think him seeking out the expert was a tell. What it means who knows but serious hamstring injuries can keep you out a while. So I'm prepared for a month or so, maybe short term IR. Seems like where this is heading but maybe we get lucky.

Either way I don't blame them for keeping this under wraps. Make SF and Cincy gameplan for Kupp even if they know he's not gonna be available.
Agree and can't fault this approach. Provided they meet league rules for injury disclosure Rams have no obligation to take the worst view of a situation before knowing all the medical facts-- which in themselves may not be clear-- or to tip off opponents unnecessarily.

No need to say much about how serious this could be for the Rams-- of course depending on the extent/duration of the injury, which we still don't really know. What we know is that the offense will be very, very challenged in games without the all universe Cooper Kupp.

A couple of posters might want to forget their earlier comments about Jourdan Rodriguez. Her reporting was accurate, spot on, and if anything understated. Imagine the sensationalist leads some of the talking heads might have used.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One thing is for sure: buy Nacua in fantasy. He should get a lot of Kupp's route responsibility.