“Setback” for Kupp (“muscle strain”)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

The good news is the nerve issue will result in full recovery, but it may take 3-4 months to heal from surgery. Otherwise, they can just rest, stretch, ice, heat and massage for 3-4 weeks. It is assumed Kupp got cortisone already. The medical team is probably weighing the risks with the docs.

I’m no athlete and am a bit older, but was able to mostly recover using the latter for piriformis syndrome, which also impacts the sciatic nerve. Still lots of stretching and the occasional ice pack. Then again, I don’t weigh 230, and don’t placing the amount of force from a stop, dead sprint, cutting hard off of one leg, and high pointing a ball.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Just caught Stafford’s presser. As much as this news sucks, we are lucky to have a leader like that in the lockerroom. I feel real good about him having the offense ready to play. Just a total freaking pro.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Ok, my rare silver lining positive post.

So what if Coop is ready to return in roughly a month give or take? When you look at it, even with him the odds of starting 1-4 are high.

After that the schedule does give us some easier opponents. Maybe a rested Kupp returns and they make a run to get at say, 7-7 with 3 games left.

New Orleans, NY Giants and Frisco. New Orleans is a winnable game. Giants are not one of the elite teams. And maybe SF is playing in a meaningless game by then and will be resting their starters. Who knows? That scenario is a possibility.

There. That is my optimistic positive post for the week.

TexasRam

Legend
Ok, my rare silver lining positive post.

So what if Coop is ready to return in roughly a month give or take? When you look at it, even with him the odds of starting 1-4 are high.

After that the schedule does give us some easier opponents. Maybe a rested Kupp returns and they make a run to get at say, 7-7 with 3 games left.

New Orleans, NY Giants and Frisco. New Orleans is a winnable game. Giants are not one of the elite teams. And maybe SF is playing in a meaningless game by then and will be resting their starters. Who knows? That scenario is a possibility.

There. That is my optimistic positive post for the week.
Bro, that is some glass half full stuff there.

Realistically, our rookies will need half a season to find their stride.

So who knows, maybe the late season run will be a real thing and a fresh Kupp of Sooper will be just what the Dr. Ordered.

Then there is always injuries. Maybe we will be facing Sam Darnold. That would be fun.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Will look forward to see how Stafford functions without Kupp out there.

We all clamoured to see him distribute the ball to all receivers. Now he has no choice.

This can only be good for the Rams in the long run.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I suspect Stafford will now zero in on Nacua, albeit to a somewhat lesser extent, as a Kupp-lite option rather than spreading the ball around. We will see. Hope I am wrong. Nacua and Akers are going to get insane volume this year IMO.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I believe that Stafford tended to get to locked into Kupp and not spread the ball around, he tended to do the same thing with Calvin Johnson when with the lions. Maybe this will force Stafford to spread the ball around more and even become a better QB. Remember the "Greatest Show On Turf", when Warner was spreading the ball around to Holt, Bruce, Pohle, Williams, and Faulk.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This sucks so much. But I'm not giving up on beating Seattle. We almost beat them at the end of last year (cough refs cough), and we didn't have Kupp, Stafford or Donald. We can still do this.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Game one should tell us a lot about our team this year. Most expect a lot of losses. Win or lose how they play is what I'm interested in seeing. A blow out loss and I have to go with the pundits who think its gonna be a rough season. A close win or loss and maybe they just need more time to jell.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I believe that Stafford tended to get to locked into Kupp and not spread the ball around, he tended to do the same thing with Calvin Johnson when with the lions. Maybe this will force Stafford to spread the ball around more and even become a better QB. Remember the "Greatest Show On Turf", when Warner was spreading the ball around to Holt, Bruce, Pohle, Williams, and Faulk.
Well as far as last year, plays/routes rarely had time to develop, and he was probably just trying to survive the play.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would love to win those games without him. But I'm being realistic and unless we get really lucky I don't see it happening.

But then again I also felt that way before game 1 in 1999. :whistle:
Trent Green homer!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Uhh…Kupp’s out for the year.
And Stafford’s going to reinjure his spinal contusion around game 7.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Why???? Van, Tyler Higbee, Tutu >>>> Skyy Moore, Rashee Rice, MVS, Kadarius Toney.

Hell maybe Puka too.
That and Kupp was out for weeks prior to his setback. The team has had time to practice without him. The coaching staff should have an idea of how to gameplan without their top receiver. Kelce's injury was sudden.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Uhh…Kupp’s out for the year.
And Stafford’s going to reinjure his spinal contusion around game 7.
Season 1 Episode 105 GIF by Rick and Morty

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
This is giving me PTSD of the Gurley situation
me too, a bit.... though the most frustrating thing about the Gurley situation was the total obfuscation on the part of both the Rams and Gurley's camp. We just wanted the truth. Anytime leadership obfuscates, it's because the truth is bad.