Rams claim QB Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I am texans fan and hated to see Keenum go. They promised fair competition for starting job, but named the bearded wonder starter before training camp started. Keenum never even got to play in first half of preseason games til final game. I really don't think Bill Obrien wanted him there and knew as soon as fitz messes up fans would have gone mad calling for Keenum to play. He played some good ball last year 9 a team that had already given up and lost our best weapon in arian foster. We also had crap for blocking on right side of the line. I think in right situation with weapon this kid could be a winner. With Ben Taint in backfield there was no worries about him catching the ball out of backfield either.
Thanks man! Good insight.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Justice Cunningham was placed on IR in order to add Keenum to the roster.

Keenumfan

UDFA
Name
Justin
I know Andres stats sure sky rocketed when Keenum played last year too. Keenum throws really good deep ball

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well i'll take a shot.
Oakland has Shaub and just drafted Derek Carr(2nd rd)
Houston has Fitzpatrick and just drafted Tom Savage(4th rd)
Buffalo has EJ Manuel and just added Kyle Orton
The Jets have Geno Smith and Mike Vick
Cleveland has Brian Hoyer and just drafted Manziel(1st rd)
Tennessee could have taken a look at him i suppose, although they drafted Mettenberger in the 6th rd and haven't given up on Jake Locker yet.

So what does it say about Freeman that teams preferred having Matt Schaub, Ryan Fitzpatrick, a guy who just retired 6 weeks ago in Kyle Orton, and Brian Hoyer on their rosters over Freeman?

Keenumfan

UDFA
Name
Justin
I hope Keenum shines for you guys and Bill Obrien has to eat crow. I love my Texans but hated the way qb situation was played out.

paceram

Pro Bowler

I have read in several articles/evaluations that Keenum has a weak arm but then I read in a couple of other evaluations that his arms strength is one of his assets and then I watch this video and it sure looks like he has a pretty good arm (and, accuracy). Can someone with more information on Keenum give me their thoughts? He definitely looks like a gamer in the few videoclips I have seen!

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I am texans fan and hated to see Keenum go. They promised fair competition for starting job, but named the bearded wonder starter before training camp started. Keenum never even got to play in first half of preseason games til final game. I really don't think Bill Obrien wanted him there and knew as soon as fitz messes up fans would have gone mad calling for Keenum to play. He played some good ball last year 9 a team that had already given up and lost our best weapon in arian foster. We also had crap for blocking on right side of the line. I think in right situation with weapon this kid could be a winner. With Ben Taint in backfield there was no worries about him catching the ball out of backfield either.

Thanks for the perspective!

Keenumfan

UDFA
Name
Justin
Andre was even quoted last year as saying there was something special about Keenum last year that he could always see in practice.

Keenumfan

UDFA
Name
Justin
A lot you will read will say he was 0-8 in 8 starts but most of those games we were ahead at the half and defense let us down too. He also had lots of receivers dropping passes to last year. Especially tight end Garrett graham.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So what does it say about Freeman that teams preferred having Matt Schaub, Ryan Fitzpatrick, a guy who just retired 6 weeks ago in Kyle Orton, and Brian Hoyer on their rosters over Freeman?
Maybe that they don't want to bring in another guy who needs to be developed. Shaub, Orton can step in and play. They aren't very good anymore nor are they the long term answer...stopgaps. All reports seem to point to Freeman being a talented headcase.

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah what I saw of Keenum in college included him having a big arm and deep ball accuracy. He displayed some of that with the Texans when that ramshackle O line didn't get him killed. I like this pick up a lot and think he adds a similar dimension to the Rams that Sam did.

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Solid 3rd QB signing. Nothing more or nothing less. Your third string QB is someone you'd never want to see on the field anyway.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Well..., I give Fisher an 'A' on this one. Keenan is a good back-up for Hill, with NFL experience, he said he'd be looking at the wire for a QB and LB help and with the two LB additions to the PS, he done it!!:D
Don't give Fisher all the credit. Snead and his crew are in the mix no doubt. This is a Snead-Fisher move.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan

Welcome @Keenumfan ! Thanks for the input