Rams claim QB Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Maybe the best fit for the Rams right now. Lets hope he never takes a snap except in lopsided Rams wins.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think it's a good move. Rick Dennison (Keenum's former OC) is a Shanahan disciple, who also employs a strong run game with zone blocking to set up crossing routes and play-action shots down the field like Schottenheimer. He's also got more pro experience than Davis. I remember watching Keenum a little last year and I wasn't unimpressed. IMO, he jumps right to the #2 spot behind Hill.

Athos

Legend
BOOOOOOOO!

Now that's a QB who started out well, then grew exponentially worse as Ds adapted and he didn't. Granted, he was playing for sucktastic Texans, who probably realized they should probably tank to get the BPA anyway, but damn....Dude had Nuke Hopkins and Johnson still to throw to and blew chunks.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I say we keep an eye on the packers QB cuts. Tolzien and Flynn? That's not too bad.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Here's a thread in a Texans forum on Case Keenum. It's 23 pages long and a mixed bag of opinions if you wish to wade through it(don't have time to do that at the moment). Often times the fan base has a better read on a player than the sports writers.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105741

This post on the last thread tells us what we already know, that Case Keenum is now a Ram.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm hearing that the Rams claimed him.

Rams
claimed QB Case Keenum on waivers, per team official. Rams spent a lot time researching Keenum past 24 hours.

lol a 23 page on thread on Case freakin Keenum? Woooow.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
just watched the video..... looks like he's competitive and has a big arm... no?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
BOOOOOOOO!

Now that's a QB who started out well, then grew exponentially worse as Ds adapted and he didn't. Granted, he was playing for sucktastic Texans, who probably realized they should probably tank to get the BPA anyway, but damn....Dude had Nuke Hopkins and Johnson still to throw to and blew chunks.

So Johnson who's past his prime and and a rookie in Hopkins.

He wasn't throwing to Bruce and Holt there.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
wow....not impressed....not even a lil bit...as I've said before, Freeman has thrown for 4000 yards in a season....26 TD's....in a season....started 3 years....don't see the problem..

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
wow....not impressed....not even a lil bit...as I've said before, Freeman has thrown for 4000 yards in a season....26 TD's....in a season....started 3 years....don't see the problem..

Maybe he would cost too much money being a veteran free agent. The Keenum guy is on a super cheap deal I think.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Based on his lack of success since then and the inability to hold a job, it looks like a lot of NFL GMs see a problem.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Let me help.