Rams claim QB Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
I love his deep ball accuracy. It's evident in the video I posted, and statistically was No.1 in the league last year according to according to profootballfocus.

scifiman

The real question is who does Keenum replace on the roster? My guess is one of the TE's as we have 5 and usually carry only 4. And then does that guy who gets replaced replace someone else on the PS? And then who does he replace? So many questions and zero answers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He looks like a pretty good play action QB who can buy some time with his feet. Considering whats out there i like this signing.
He's more ready than Garrett Gilbert and has more experience than A.Davis. Having said that, if Hill goes down late in the season and we're fighting for a playoff berth we're all gonna be eating a shit sandwich.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
wow....not impressed....not even a lil bit...as I've said before, Freeman has thrown for 4000 yards in a season....26 TD's....in a season....started 3 years....don't see the problem..

Only problem is Freeman is a drug addict and teammates don't like him. Great guy to lead the team!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The real question is who does Keenum replace on the roster? My guess is one of the TE's as we have 5 and usually carry only 4. And then does that guy who gets replaced replace someone else on the PS? And then who does he replace? So many questions and zero answers.

I bet they kept the best players including 5 TEs and 5 RBs hoping to get something for one of them in a trade rather than just give them away.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm Ok with this. The kid has some upside. Has some experience under his belt. A bit mobile. I feel better with Hill, Davis and Keenum than I do Hill, Davis and Nobody ... or even Gilbert at this stage.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's contrary to the reports coming out that O'Brien didn't really give him a shot and wanted his own guys. Plus, why would Belichick get rid of the guy if he was any good? Isn't Belichick kind of known for his evaluation of QB skills?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I bet they kept the best players including 5 TEs and 5 RBs hoping to get something for one of them in a trade rather than just give them away.
IMHO .. .they need to get rid of a TE for Keenum and a RB to bring up a LB. I am really really worried about the LB position on D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm looking to get some insight from some Texans fans on another board. These guys won't sugarcoat it. Lol.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well..., I give Fisher an 'A' on this one. Keenan is a good back-up for Hill, with NFL experience, he said he'd be looking at the wire for a QB and LB help and with the two LB additions to the PS, he done it!!:D

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
I'm pleased that we signed a QB with some experience that also allows us to have 3 QB's on game day. There are going to be plenty of missed pass blocking assignments, so the QB needs to be mobile and Keenum has a bit of that. The difference with Keenum over Davis is the willingness to take deeper shots down the field with accuracy, IMO. Let's see.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Well..., I give Fisher an 'A' on this one. Keenan is a good back-up for Hill, with NFL experience, he said he'd be looking at the wire for a QB and LB help and with the two LB additions to the PS, he done it!!:D
Thinking about it ... Keenum is more closer to Shaun Hill than most any other QB I can think of. He is a little more mobile and a bit stronger arm ... but he is younger. I just think his game reminds me of Hil back when he was with the 9ers.

Philly5

Rookie
Works for me. Game experienced. Seems like a better option than Davis should something happen to Hill.

No interest in a head case like Freeman.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
A friend of mine just told me about this and he likes this move a lot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
At the very least, Keenum represents a longer term backup option.

Keenumfan

UDFA
Name
Justin
I am texans fan and hated to see Keenum go. They promised fair competition for starting job, but named the bearded wonder starter before training camp started. Keenum never even got to play in first half of preseason games til final game. I really don't think Bill Obrien wanted him there and knew as soon as fitz messes up fans would have gone mad calling for Keenum to play. He played some good ball last year 9 a team that had already given up and lost our best weapon in arian foster. We also had crap for blocking on right side of the line. I think in right situation with weapon this kid could be a winner. With Ben Taint in backfield there was no worries about him catching the ball out of backfield either.