Aaron Donald not present at OTA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yeah, this is a good thing, fellas. The negotiations thing, I mean.

Best for all parties that it gets done sooner rather than later.

Then let AD focus on being the best that he can be with no contract distractions year after year.

Besides, we all know that his presence at early voluntary (emphasis voluntary) OTA's is not required. Hell, it will give some DL candidates a few more needed snaps. Lol.

No worries.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What a selfish douche bag. he's a piece of crap. freak aaron donald.

this is just an icehole prima dona move

stop_sign_sheet.jpg

We don't allow name calling of Rams players and staff here at ROD. Some of them read here while others have graciously given us interviews. You can make your point without doing that.

A55VA6

Legend
Missing OTA's will not affect Donald. He's making $3M this year.... but he should be making 6x that. I'm fine with a holdout. Get that contract done... pay the man what he deserves.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Sign him now to an extension but his cap hit this year won't change unless his some of the new contract signing bonus is allotted for this year. With our cap status it won't be done that way so look for the bonus to be spread over the next three years I'd imagine.

thanks oldschool that sounds reasonable.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
thanks oldschool that sounds reasonable.

And just to add to OldSchool's point: Demoff is known for front-loading contracts. I'd say next year Donald really, really gets paid, and it's mostly guaranteed against injury while still on his rookie deal.

TexasRam

Legend
Not only is he the best defender in the NFL, the guy is a team player and high Character guy. No question marks.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
He's trying not to get hurt, in order to get the extension. No big deal. If it was mandatory sessions, then I'd be mad. This is no big deal. And frankly, I'm glad this is getting done. How many of us, deep down, worried he would just end up walking after his rookie deal? I know I did. This makes me happy as shit.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Mr Donald is simply acting in his own best interest.

He is one of the top performers, if not the best, at his position.

It is time to reward the young man with a contract commensurate to his outstanding performance.

Besides a franchise QB, and an elite LOT, defensive players that can get after the opponents QB are what you need to win in today's NFL.

Pay the man and lets move one.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Donalds agent makes his demands

Last edited:

TheBunk

Rookie
He deserves to get his money. Considering how teams do their players this is a reasonable tactic. Do what you gotta AD.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Unless they've discussed it in advance, I find the decision to sit out very interesting because of the coach being so aggressive on his "we not me" stance. It seems like a poor time to be sitting out (not holding out) unless it was done in accordance with the coach's desire.

By that I mean, either he's hurting his standing on the team in coach's eyes or, more likely, he's undermining the brand new very young head coach's authority. But he's deserves oodles of money and I wouldn't risk getting hurt liked that either in the face a huge contact.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I got three pages deep and had to stop.

What a morass this is.

If he expects to be considered a leader, yes.

Guys in the locker room always give plenty of leeway about contract negotiations from everything I've read. So I think he is OK here.

Lead by example...

He's always done that, and this is also a form of it. He's not saying anything and handling it directly with the Rams. It's OTA's, not pre season so no woriies.

Officially off the aaron donald hype train. What a selfish douche bag. I mean...even cam newton the prima dona played out his rookie contract, but donald, a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN is too good to do that? he's a piece of crap. salary cap management is a huge part of winning as an nfl team and paying people before their rookie contracts expire is a great way to waste money. freak aaron donald.

I wonder if you have had your account deleted yet. I'm 3 of 6 pages through this thread and I already wish you weren't here.

So when todd gurley gets into the pro bowl and holds out his 4th year we're just gonna be cool with it? And when Jared Goff does the same we're gonna be cool with it? Then everett? I mean, this is just an icehole prima dona move that is terrible for a franchise. TBH, if he doesn't want to play out his rookie contract here I would just trade him. I bet we could get a great player and a 1st round pick.

LOL. @CGI_Ram is he still here?

This doesn't even qualify as a holdout.

R-E-L-A-X

For sure, this is very, very early and I'd rather see the contract talks now versus August or September

This is definitely, "there's no "I" in team....but there is a "me".

Zip that shit up sister. Haha.

i-found-the-i-in-team-t-shirt-1344970569.jpg

If you give huge contracts to every young player who plays well you'll never have enough money to field a competitive team. Bellicheck has never done this for a reason. It's salary cap suicide.

That has nothing to do with this conversation.