Aaron Donald not present at OTA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
freak any fans that think aaron donald isn't pulling a dick move.
Thats not cool man. I have disagreed with you but been respectful in our debate about it. Now you basically told the majority of this forum "Fuck you" since the majority are waiting to see the full extent of what is happening and not going off the deep end and going into the "AD is a dick group". Thats not how this forum works.

Memphis Ram

Legend
You ever hear of this guy Tom Brady? He won a super bowl his second year in the league and was named Super Bowl MVP. Some say he's the GOAT. Guess what, he played out his rookie contract. He's currently the #13 top paid QB in the league. Ya, that's what a true leader and team player does. I am over reacting a bit ;) but still it's a dick move. I find it annoying that people aren't acknowledging that its a dick move. go ahead and say you're cool with it, but to see how Tom Brady the GOAT treats his team during contract negotiations and to then look at what AD is doing and say "it's no big deal. dude is not being a dick" grinds my gears.

Brady wasn't a 1st round pick as was earlier stated, but anyway........

https://overthecap.com/earnings-comparisons-tom-brady-vs-peyton-manning/
Brady’s first new contract came in 2002, the year after winning the Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP honors. He parlayed that into a deal worth just over $30 million.
Brady was drafted in 2000. Brady got a new deal in 2002. So it appears that unless Brady signed a two year contract after being drafted (which I can't recall a draftee ever receiving in the modern era) then you are mistaken.

tempests

Hall of Fame
You ever hear of this guy Tom Brady? He won a super bowl his second year in the league and was named Super Bowl MVP. Some say he's the GOAT. Guess what, he played out his rookie contract.

Worth noting his rookie contract was only three years long.

It's no secret the Pats and Brady work in lockstep to ensure financial flexibility, but it doesn't mean he doesn't get paid. Brady has made 196 million in his career, more than any other QB currently playing.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Officially off the aaron donald hype train. What a selfish douche bag. I mean...even cam newton the prima dona played out his rookie contract, but donald, a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN is too good to do that? he's a piece of crap. salary cap management is a huge part of winning as an nfl team and paying people before their rookie contracts expire is a great way to waste money. freak aaron donald.
You'll be chasing the train again when he'd dominating in October lol

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Holy balls dudes. It's fucking OTAs. Who gives a flying front door. For all I care, Aaron Donald can skip training camp and pre season. He's the best non QB in the league. He deserves whatever he wants.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

thomonkey

UDFA
Name
thomonkey
Thats not cool man. I have disagreed with you but been respectful in our debate about it. Now you basically told the majority of this forum "freak you" since the majority are waiting to see the full extent of what is happening and not going off the deep end and going into the "AD is a dick group". Thats not how this forum works.

I really don't care. whatever. i'm out. Go pats.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Disappointing, but I'm sure it'll be fixed pretty quickly.

I am someone that believes you should lead by example, but I also understand he's being told what to do from his agent, and when push comes to shove you have to protect your family.

TexasRam

Legend
It's called business.

It's like... I have dominated this league and need a new contract.

Rams need to pay the man.

I don't lose any respect for him.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This sounds like a contract is close.

If so; then I understand why he might be away from OTA's right now.

Absolutely. If his contract is about to be finalized why risk blowing out a knee? He'll get paid. He knows he deserves to be the highest paid DL and they know he deserves to be the highest paid DL. It'll get done before it's a huge issue.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i will never get over the greed of teams. donald should have had a contract in his face the second he was allowed to extend his rookie deal. he's the best dt in the league and the rams are trying to keep him on the cheap.

how many times do teams cut a player a year into his contract if he doesn't perform? ask players to take a pay cut. trade their arse if they don't. cut them without second thought?

get every penny you can get out of them ad.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me, Aaron Donald is a sure fire Hall of Famer. Although they play different Dline positions, his dominance he reminds me of the domination of Reggie White. Everyone with a set of eyes could tell that White might be one of the best to ever play his position. Philly fans knew this too, and yet, the Iggles allowed their home-grown HOFer to leave and become a Cheesehead. This tragedy will not be repeated..so however it works, sign AD to freaking 10 years!!!!!!!!:rant:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
You're assuming a lot. For all we know, the final details of a new contract are being ironed out, and Donald was advised by his agent not to participate in a voluntary workout-- risking injury-- before the I's are crossed and the T's are dotted.

I thought we were out of cap space.how does this work with cap space now.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Probably small cap hit this year with lots of guaranteed and bigger hits next few years. Just my guess.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sign him now to an extension but his cap hit this year won't change unless his some of the new contract signing bonus is allotted for this year. With our cap status it won't be done that way so look for the bonus to be spread over the next three years I'd imagine.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not a fan of players that play this card. The Rams have largely avoided this type of crap.

I am an Aaron Donald fan, but if this is contract related it is selfish.
Yes and no.
I get both sides of it.
If he blew his knee out no one would crying over the money he lost.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I really don't care. whatever. i'm out. Go pats.
VU0NjSg.gif