Aaron Donald not present at OTA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
giphy.gif

This will be AD very soon hopefully...
I hope not!!! He won't be nearly as quick if he's a 100+ lbs heavier!!!!

thomonkey

UDFA
Name
thomonkey
Think that's a little harsh, yes it looks bad but we don't all the circumstances behind this. I'm not a fan of what is happening but that's still a bit harsh. Just my opinion though. Not hating on you, just saying is all.

So when todd gurley gets into the pro bowl and holds out his 4th year we're just gonna be cool with it? And when Jared Goff does the same we're gonna be cool with it? Then everett? I mean, this is just an asshole prima dona move that is terrible for a franchise. TBH, if he doesn't want to play out his rookie contract here I would just trade him. I bet we could get a great player and a 1st round pick.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Officially off the aaron donald hype train. What a selfish douche bag. I mean...even cam newton the prima dona played out his rookie contract, but donald, a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN is too good to do that? he's a piece of crap. salary cap management is a huge part of winning as an nfl team and paying people before their rookie contracts expire is a great way to waste money. freak aaron donald.

No money spent on AD would be wasted lol. Calm down...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Even if the OTAs are voluntary?
Yes.
IIf we were still running Williams defense, it wouldn't bother me.
I want this team to start fast this season for a change. Getting to understand Wades defense would be a good start.

tempests

Hall of Fame
So when todd gurley gets into the pro bowl and holds out his 4th year we're just gonna be cool with it? And when Jared Goff does the same we're gonna be cool with it? Then everett? I mean, this is just an icehole prima dona move that is terrible for a franchise. TBH, if he doesn't want to play out his rookie contract here I would just trade him. I bet we could get a great player and a 1st round pick.

This doesn't even qualify as a holdout.

R-E-L-A-X

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not a fan of players that play this card. The Rams have largely avoided this type of crap.

I am an Aaron Donald fan, but if this is contract related it is selfish.

I kinda feel Aaron lost a few friends with these offseason moves....and he's gotta look out for himself...Dude is WAY out-playing his contract....and I'm sure Will Hayes and others have told him something similar.

But if the mantra is we not me....McVay better deal with this....and in a hurry. This is definitely, "there's no "I" in team....but there is a "me".

thomonkey

UDFA
Name
thomonkey
No money spent on AD would be wasted lol. Calm down...

Cool, so will really enjoy todd gurley's hold out, then goff's hold out and the rams inability to field any talented team because our young players aren't playing out their rookie contracts :banghead:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So when todd gurley gets into the pro bowl and holds out his 4th year we're just gonna be cool with it? And when Jared Goff does the same we're gonna be cool with it? Then everett? I mean, this is just an icehole prima dona move that is terrible for a franchise. TBH, if he doesn't want to play out his rookie contract here I would just trade him. I bet we could get a great player and a 1st round pick.
Trade him? AD is arguably the best defensive player in the league, you dont trade those.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

You can't holdout from something that is voluntary. If we traded AD that would be so dumb I couldn't even fathom it. I'm sure 31 other teams would happily oblige us though.

thomonkey

UDFA
Name
thomonkey
Trade him? AD is arguably the best defensive player in the league, you dont trade those.

If you give huge contracts to every young player who plays well you'll never have enough money to field a competitive team. Bellicheck has never done this for a reason. It's salary cap suicide.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Cool, so will really enjoy todd gurley's hold out, then goff's hold out and the rams inability to field any talented team because our young players aren't playing out their rookie contracts :banghead:
Right now neither Gurley nor Goff have any leverage for holding out. AD has been a star since day one till now. As to them holding out, just because some players do it, doesnt mean all do. As I said, we dont know the complete circumstances yet in this situation.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
If you give huge contracts to every young player who plays well you'll never have enough money to field a competitive team. Bellicheck has never done this for a reason. It's salary cap suicide.

Donald is a future HoF at the rate he is going. Playing well is quite the understatement.

thomonkey

UDFA
Name
thomonkey
Right now neither Gurley nor Goff have any leverage for holding out. AD has been a star since day one till now. As to them holding out, just because some players do it, doesnt mean all do. As I said, we dont know the complete circumstances yet in this situation.

Obviously im not talking about right now, but if todd gurley gets into the pro bowl this year, what's to stop him from going "i want to get paid like aarond donald" ok so now we have to pay todd gurley and thats 1 less free agent we can grab. Then goff plays well next 2 years and says "I want a raise" another free agent we cant pay. Death by a thousand cuts.

thomonkey

UDFA
Name
thomonkey
There's a reason the great teams don't do this shit. If people want to pretend that this is cool and the dude deserves it, you're just living in denial.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
AD doesnt play "well", he is the best at what he does. And that Bellicheck just gave an above average CB in Gilmore a huge contract making him a top 5 paid cb, or something close to that.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yes.
IIf we were still running Williams defense, it wouldn't bother me.
I want this team to start fast this season for a change. Getting to understand Wades defense would be a good start.

All fans want that for our game day entertainment. I guess teammates do, too.
But again this is business. And the fan perspective means little in regards to the business decisions these guys have to make with their bodies. We aren't going to be paying any bills or much attention when he gets hurt and/or can't play anymore.

I hope that AD wouldn't be upset if some of us went on strike for better wages.