Aaron Donald not present at OTA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Just saw where Donald was not present at the first day of OTA's. McVay said it wasn't injury related but declined to comment on why he wasn't there. Could be contract related but no one knows. If it is, they need to go ahead and pay that man whatever the hell he wants. This team needs no distractions, especially when it concerns their best player.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This is worrysome, there is already talk allover about his absence, but OTA's are voluntary so I dont know if it really matters, but contract related comes to mind...

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Doesn't he have 2 years left on his deal?? I know the man is way underpaid but he doesn't have much leverage right now unless he plans on sitting out an entire year but then he still has 2 years left on his deal.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
UPDATE: Les Snead confirms his absence "Has something to do with the contract." He said, "We're at the serious part of negotiations."

It's very simply guys....PAY THE MAN!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not a fan of players that play this card. The Rams have largely avoided this type of crap.

I am an Aaron Donald fan, but if this is contract related it is selfish.

Psycho_X

Legend
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Memphis Ram

Legend
If he expects to be considered a leader, yes.

Tough room.

Of course, one might say that he is being a leader in this way since this is a business and these guys are making business decisions with their bodies. Here, leadership tells his teammates "Don't let 'em screw ya."

thomonkey

UDFA
Name
thomonkey
Officially off the aaron donald hype train. What a selfish douche bag. I mean...even cam newton the prima dona played out his rookie contract, but donald, a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN is too good to do that? he's a piece of shit. salary cap management is a huge part of winning as an nfl team and paying people before their rookie contracts expire is a great way to waste money. Fuck aaron donald.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Not a fan of this. With two years left on rookie contract with option picked up I'd of assumed the new deal would get done sometime next summer. Don't see why he isn't coming because of the contract with so much time left do grt it done. Maybe they gave him a shit offer with shit guaranteed and he felt like it was a slap in the face? Whatever it is hope it gets worked out fast.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Officially off the aaron donald hype train. What a selfish douche bag. I mean...even cam newton the prima dona played out his rookie contract, but donald, a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN is too good to do that? he's a piece of crap.
Think that's a little harsh, yes it looks bad but we don't all the circumstances behind this. I'm not a fan of what is happening but that's still a bit harsh. Just my opinion though. Not hating on you, just saying is all.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
UPDATE: Les Snead confirms his absence "Has something to do with the contract." He said, "We're at the serious part of negotiations."

This sounds like a contract is close.

If so; then I understand why he might be away from OTA's right now.