A few players that I doubt make the 53...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stony32

Fan since tickets were $5.50
Like I've said before Quick is a lock to make this Roster... might not be by merit but by default.

Britt
Quick
Austin
Cooper
Thomas
Marques/ spruce

Thomas still...seriously? Face it, they made a mistake with him. Seems like Spruce was the next WR on the Rams' board if they had a 7th round pick. I hope and believe they will eat the mistake, let Thomas go and be happy they brought Spruce on board, so it's not a total loss.

lockdnram21

Legend
Thomas still...seriously? Face it, they made a mistake with him. Seems like Spruce was the next WR on the Rams' board if they had a 7th round pick. I hope and believe they will eat the mistake, let Thomas go and be happy they brought Spruce on board, so it's not a total loss.
Imo it's either spruce or Marques.. How many drops did Thomas have... I seen 2 good catches

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
At worst Thomas makes the practice squad, way too much talent and apparently a new ST demon, which I feel will be his saving grace while he works out the dropped pass issues

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
As of right now, Thomas looks like PS material. Thomas, McRoberts show some potential. I like the size. But Thomas at least is just too inconsistent to make the 53

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, if you follow the time line you will see that was posted prior to his worst game as a Ram. Not sure what we are going to do about it as Battle is injured and hasn't shown us anything either. Pray that GRob stays healthy.
Isaiah Battle IS gimpy with a very sore knee, that's was clearly seen last night but I will take that gimp any day over what I witnessed on my TV last night & my re-watch this morning with a pot coffee. Darrell Williams is :death:as the Rams 3rd all important OT.
OR the Rams just need to go with our plan and make Saffold the first guy off the bench. :)
Looks like our very early spring OL plan would be the best option here going into less than a week before pre season ends. Saffold//Robinson//Havenstein & either Donnel or Battle as our four OT's going into these cuts here before 4 pm August 30th.

Last edited:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Thomas is practice squad or bust right now. He has dropped way to many passes. Spruce is the better receiver right now and Marquez is hurt

fearsomefour

Legend
LT Robinson/Saffold
LG Saffold/Wichmann
C Barnes/Kush
RG Brown/Reynolds
RT Havenstein/Saffold/Reynolds

Donnal in the mix as he has some versatility and runs blocks fine at G. Any pass rusher with speed is usually past him however. Battle sort of by default if they want another T, it would help if he was 100%.
Right now, to me, the Rams have 7 keepers on the line. I would want to keep 10. No idea where those other three are right now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Isaiah Battle IS gimpy with a very sore knee, that's was clearly seen last night but I will take that gimp any day over what I witnessed on my TV last night & my re-watch this morning with a pot of Gold Coast Starbucks coffee. Darrell Williams is :death:as the Rams 3rd all important OT.
Looks like our very early spring OL plan would be the best option here going into less than a week before pre season ends. Saffold//Robinson//Havenstein & either Donnel or Battle as our four OT's going into these cuts here before 4 pm August 30th.

I watched the reply of The Rams game last night. My thoughts ...

Hemmingway,Williams & Thomas both on practice squad .

Kush looks solid at RG !! Donnal looked very raw at LG ?? Do you go with talent over potential ??

Robinson got checked out for head injury. Who is the back up LT ?? Real scary question right now !!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How many drops he have? I seen 2 catches. The condensed version didnt show everything
He only had 1 catch for 14 Yds./ he was Targeted 4 Times/ I believe he "Dropped the other 3 Targets!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
LT Robinson/Saffold
LG Saffold/Wichmann
C Barnes/Kush
RG Brown/Reynolds

Donnal in the mix as he has some versatility and runs blocks fine at G. Any pass rusher with speed is usually past him however. Battle sort of by default if they want another T, it would help if he was 100%.
Right now, to me, the Rams have 7 keepers on the line. I would want to keep 10. No idea where those other three are right now.

I think Wichmann is playing too well to bench, and if Saffold is all we are going with behind GRob, he should come off the sideline rather than risk an injury at OG. It's getting to be a numbers game at reserve LT, and Williams went from a roster spot to a dumpster fire yesterday. Battle must show big improvement in pre-season game 4 or we may be raking the coals for a free agent after all the cuts to 53 become known. I do believe Donnal sticks as a reserve RT. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
LT Robinson/Saffold
LG Saffold/Wichmann
C Barnes/Kush
RG Brown/Reynolds

I am close to where you are here on the roster OL cadre unit. I am more clear on my solid 9 than you are currently. You & I have been very close for years on these Ram DL & OL's assessments'.
OT's- Robinson/Havenstein/Battle(#9)
OG's- Wichmann/Brown
OC-Barnes
Swingers: OT/OG's-Saffold(#6)/Reynolds(#7)/Donnal(#8)

Once Havenstein is fully ready to retain his starting post (who knows when that will be) {until Saffold will start @ ORT period} this is how I see the starting OL to look like. But as you & I know the OL is always an ongoing fluid continuity situation when it comes to who starts or who sits based on health. Thus its never going to be a set five at any one time.

LT-Robinson/Battle
LG-Wichmann/Reynolds
OC-Barnes/
RG-Saffold/Brown
RT-Havenstein/Donnal

I am suspecting something different on this reserve center element. None of the 3 back up centers have separated themselves from the other. I believe the best of the three Rhaney/Folkerts/Kush is Erik Kush. That said I believe Boudreau may elect to keep the best 9 or 10 OL'ers when the last cuts are made in less than a week. No back up center would make it into that final top 10. Its my belief that they will let the other teams go thru the waivers & let the dust clear. Re evaluate the final NFL fallout & which centers are available while still maintaining their hold on best 10 OL'ers. If by then Battle's knee is not on the road to recover he will be IR'd with the designation of return. Then resign one of 3 previous Ram reserve centers.

Last edited:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I don't know who they will actually keep but I will say this, Since the WR position is such a dumpster fire and you can pick up guys that can run and not catch anything, almost anywhere, i would go light at that position and keep a promising player somewhere else until we can either draft a real NFL receiver or trade for one.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am close to where you are here on the roster OL cadre unit. I am more clear on my solid 9 than you are currently. You & I have been very close for years on these Ram DL & OL's assessments'.
OT's- Robinson/Havenstein/Battle(#9)
OG's- Wichmann/Brown
OC-Barnes
Swingers: OT/OG's-Saffold(#6)/Reynolds(#7)/Donnal(#8)

Once Havenstein is fully ready to retain his starting post (who knows when that will be) {until Saffold will start @ ORT period} this is how I see the starting OL to look like. But as you & I know the OL is always an ongoing fluid continuity situation when it comes to who starts or who sits based on health. Thus its never going to be a set five at any one time.

LT-Robinson/Battle
LG-Wichmann/Reynolds
OC-Barnes/
RG-Saffold/Brown
RT-Havenstein/Donnal

I am suspecting something different on this reserve center element.
I thought Kush was good week 1 and so so after that. They have not rotated anyone else in after Barnes however.
Battle has just been at RT which is sort of interesting. Even not at 100% he displayed an ability to stay in front of a rusher so he probably makes it, you are right.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't know who they will actually keep but I will say this, Since the WR position is such a dumpster fire and you can pick up guys that can run and not catch anything, almost anywhere, i would go light at that position and keep a promising player somewhere else until we can either draft a real NFL receiver or trade for one.
Depth is hard to find anywhere.
The O line is a perfect example. Finding big guys is easy. Finding big guys that can move, not so much. Finding big guys that can move and have or show the ability to lean and apply technique....smaller number still.
Finding a big guy who can move and has or can learn technique and has football smarts and plays with tenacity, slimmer still.
Now, you have to find that guy and that guy has to fit your offense.
It's like when someone says but this T is 6' 6" 340 lbs.....ok? Just checked the easier ft box.
This is why the team stuck with Barnes I am sure. He wasn't huge or amazingly athletic but I am sure he has the other boxes checked.
Same for Every position including WRs. So and so runs a 4.3.....ok, but can he play?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Wichmann is playing too well to bench, and if Saffold is all we are going with behind GRob, he should come off the sideline rather than risk an injury at OG. It's getting to be a numbers game at reserve LT, and Williams went from a roster spot to a dumpster fire yesterday. Battle must show big improvement in pre-season game 4 or we may be raking the coals for a free agent after all the cuts to 53 become known. I do believe Donnal sticks as a reserve RT. jmo.

Saffold is part of the top 5 no matter how you slice it. The guy is the best OL on the team in terms of being able to get to the next level, he is going to start at one OG position as soon as Hav is back and make the interior of this line ridiculous. Also, I guarantee that IF he can stay healthy he will be on a Pro Bowl roster.

The other OG spot is Brown vs Wichmann. Wichmann has been more consistent and should win it.

Havenstein being ready to get back in there, if that is truly his status, is going to affect how they weigh the bottom of that depth. Williams might have played himself onto the PS because he is nowhere near ready to man a depth position at LT so the question is will he make the cut as RT depth? I still like him for a roster spot but it's gonna be tight. Battle is out of time, this year's group is far too good to win a roster spot when the team can't rely on you to suit up or play well, he's got PS written all over him. Donnal to my eye definitely sticks as you say, he brings flexibility for OG/RT and still has some upside.

I expect 10 total when all is said and done. This group is too deep and talented to trim it to 9, they'll win head to head with WR and TE depth for roster spots.

At TE it seems like the locks are Kendricks, Higbee, and Harkey. Hemingway to PS, Cunningham best of luck.

RB has earned 4 spots. Gurley, Cunningham, Brown are in. Can Green win that last spot? Teams are gonna make it tight, as a pure runner I'd say Green's a slam dunk but it ain't that easy.

WR is a damn mess. Only sure things are Britt, Tavon, Coop, and Spruce. Last two spots are gonna be teams effectiveness, so I'd say McRoberts makes it. Not sure they can sell 6 this year tbh, barring a move for more talent at the position which would be wise if someone they like comes available. Almost forgot Marquez, but not sure on his medical status. Still looks rough to get to 6 even with him there, comparing to the quality of some other positions.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I thought Kush was good week 1 and so so after that. They have not rotated anyone else in after Barnes however.
Battle has just been at RT which is sort of interesting. Even not at 100% he displayed an ability to stay in front of a rusher so he probably makes it, you are right.
Agree(y)

The thing here is Kush/Folkerts/Arkin & even Rhaney all fall into the WWC cadre just the plain awful truth not a dime much worth between them.....we all said it posted it & thought it for a good while now. We may have seen a flash of a secret un revealed OC reserve plan, when we read heard where our own members here were in attendance @ TC.. these observers witnessed our three QB's being very interested & having their hands in the rear & between the legs :huh: of a bent over OL who wears the #69????:whistle::thinking:.

On Battle.....so much there that's UNknown here. One thing we do know is he has the look of being 100% pure LEFT OT material even though they say they have worked him hard mostly @ right OT. There was a good amount of film on him as a OLT in college enough to have Snead going all out for him. So with the event last night with #63 it clearly opens a big spot for Battle to have a real chance to stick baring that knee situation.

The fact is Saffold can start & play very well at any of the four OL posts at any given time. where-ever the weak link is in the OL for that moment in time ....Saffold can fix it. He will start somewhere if he is healthy. Since 2013 Saffold has made the rounds during the 17 week seasons usually he plays in 3 to 4 of the five OL posts its an annual event why would it change in 2016?

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
Saffold is part of the top 5 no matter how you slice it. The guy is the best OL on the team in terms of being able to get to the next level, he is going to start at one OG position as soon as Hav is back and make the interior of this line ridiculous. Also, I guarantee that IF he can stay healthy he will be on a Pro Bowl roster.

The other OG spot is Brown vs Wichmann. Wichmann has been more consistent and should win it.

Havenstein being ready to get back in there, if that is truly his status, is going to affect how they weigh the bottom of that depth. Williams might have played himself onto the PS because he is nowhere near ready to man a depth position at LT so the question is will he make the cut as RT depth? I still like him for a roster spot but it's gonna be tight. Battle is out of time, this year's group is far too good to win a roster spot when the team can't rely on you to suit up or play well, he's got PS written all over him. Donnal to my eye definitely sticks as you say, he brings flexibility for OG/RT and still has some upside.

I expect 10 total when all is said and done. This group is too deep and talented to trim it to 9, they'll win head to head with WR and TE depth for roster spots.

At TE it seems like the locks are Kendricks, Higbee, and Harkey. Hemingway to PS, Cunningham best of luck.

RB has earned 4 spots. Gurley, Cunningham, Brown are in. Can Green win that last spot? Teams are gonna make it tight, as a pure runner I'd say Green's a slam dunk but it ain't that easy.

WR is a damn mess. Only sure things are Britt, Tavon, Coop, and Spruce. Last two spots are gonna be teams effectiveness, so I'd say McRoberts makes it. Not sure they can sell 6 this year tbh, barring a move for more talent at the position which would be wise if someone they like comes available.
with the reps Quick getting hes a lock to. And im not saying it because i want him to

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am suspecting something different on this reserve center element. None of the 3 back up centers have separated themselves from the other. I believe the best of the three Rhaney/Folkerts/Kush is Erik Kush. That said I believe Boudreau may elect to keep the best 9 or 10 OL'ers when the last cuts are made in less than a week. No back up center would make it into that final top 10. Its my belief that they will let the other teams go thru the waivers & let the dust clear.

This is possible and it would not surprise me tbh. That approach carries some risk but is best for the future of the team in terms of keeping the best players. Also, if and when the cuts went down that way they would immediately start putting one of the OGs in there at center to get backup snaps. For this to happen they would have to like one of those guys who subbed in there I think, of Wichmann and Donnal. Not sure who else they tried there.