A few players that I doubt make the 53...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
And this is a projection made prior to the Bronco game, btw.

I know a few of these players have many ardent fans. But I think they may be victims of the numbers game.

These are merely a few of the players that many consider to have a good shot, but I am skeptical. In no particular order...

Brian Quick
Kush
Rhaney
Justice Cunningham (numbers game)
Mike Thomas ( barring a miracle in these last 2 games)
North
Coples
Chase Reynolds

As an aside, I think Sensabaugh makes the 53. But he won't be among the actual top 5 CB's. It will be an experience thing.

Did I miss anybody?

These will probably be final cut casualties, btw.

Thoughts?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Williams > Battle
Green > Reynolds
Kush > Rhaney
Longacre > Seau > Sims
Final WR = Spruce > Thomas > Quick
Hemmingway > J.Cunningham
Still undecided : Coples or Cam Thomas

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Thomas has to show something other than dropping passes, IMO. I have no idea about Quick one way or another. I can see them giving him one more year or I can see them moving on: wouldn't be surprised with either.

I think somehow Chase makes the roster. I know they are deep at running back but the guy has those special teams skills and that gives him an edge. Gurley, Cunningham and Brown are safe. After that, will they keep a fourth one? Or would they rather have an extra receiver? We'll see.

Who backs up center if they dump Rhaney and Kush? Who fills that role?

Does anyone know if Spruce is playing tonight?

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
cutting Kush and Rhaney leaves no backup center. I think Kush makes it he's been running with the twos all camp at C and can play guard in a pinch.

I personally would cut Reynolds for Green, but i'm not sure Fisher will. Im hoping Green lights it up on offense and special teams the final two games to make the decision easy.

Coples is transitioning to DT so I think the rams will give him some leeway. Additionally there are cap ramifications since he has guaranteed money unlike his competition Cam Thomas and Longacre. I think he makes it.

Quick or Thomas will make it, barring a trade or an FA pick up I don't think it is wise going with a host of UDFAs behind the top three guys. Outside of spruce who we have only seen once due to injury none of the UDFA guys has made a compelling case to definitely make it over higher pedigree guys in Thomas or Quick.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I personally would cut Reynolds for Green, but i'm not sure Fisher will. Im hoping Green lights it up on offense and special teams the final two games to make the decision easy.

Not sure there is that much time. Isn't the cut down to 75 at midnight tonight and the cut down to 53 midnight Wednesday ?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
cutting Kush and Rhaney leaves no backup center. I think Kush makes it he's been running with the twos all camp at C and can play guard in a pinch.

Coples is transitioning to DT so I think the rams will give him some leeway. Additionally there are cap ramifications since he has guaranteed money unlike his competition Cam Thomas and Longacre. I think he makes it.

Quick or Thomas will make it, barring a trade or an FA pick up I don't think it is wise going with a host of UDFAs behind the top three guys. Outside of spruce who we have only seen once due to injury none of the UDFA guys has made a compelling case to definitely make it over higher pedigree guys in Thomas or Quick.

What credible pedigree of M Thomas or Quick are you referring to, SYG?

You must be referring to draft status, 'cause it certainly can't be their respective practice or preseason game results.

Draft status means very little at this stage for a 5th year vet and a 6th round pick, if you ask me.

lockdnram21

Legend
What credible pedigree of M Thomas or Quick are you referring to, SYG?

You must be referring to draft status, 'cause it certainly can't be their respective practice or preseason game results.

Draft status means very little at this stage for a 5th year vet and a 6th round pick, if you ask me.
If Quick still getting reps early tonight I go back to saying he doesnt get cut... Also I still think Thomas has a good shot with Spruce still hurt... spruce the 1 I dont see making the team

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thomas has to show something other than dropping passes, IMO. I have no idea about Quick one way or another. I can see them giving him one more year or I can see them moving on: wouldn't be surprised with either.

I think somehow Chase makes the roster. I know they are deep at running back but the guy has those special teams skills and that gives him an edge. Gurley, Cunningham and Brown are safe. After that, will they keep a fourth one? Or would they rather have an extra receiver? We'll see.

I think Kush and Rhaney are very iffy, PA.

When the coaches are giving C snaps in the second preseason game to Wichmann and Donnal, you can be sure that they're not satisfied with their current backup C options of Kush and Rhaney. Sorry.

lockdnram21

Legend

SPRUCE hasn't practiced all week. Starting to think he doesn't make it

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Not sure there is that much time. Isn't the cut down to 75 at midnight tonight and the cut down to 53 midnight Wednesday ?

I think Brown has a good shot to make the initial 75, he isn't one the 15 weakest players on the roster IMO. The cutdown to 53 comes on September 3 and our last preseason game is on the 1st. He has plenty of time to to prove he is worth a spot over reynolds

We don't disagree on quick I dont think he makes it, hes gotten to many shots and has done nothing with them.

Thomas, however is a rookie draft pick and deserves a shot despite some inconsistencies. He played with the twos pretty much all camp and no UDFA WR has overtaken him even spruce when healthy. The coaches seem to like him and IMO no UDFA has outplayed him. Like I said there no viable alternatives to him barring a trade or FA pickup, so I think he makes it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think Brown has a good shot to make the initial 75, he isn't one the 15 weakest players on the roster IMO. The cutdown to 53 comes on September 3 and our last preseason game is on the 1st. He has plenty of time to to prove he is worth a spot over reynolds
Malcolm Brown is a slam dunk, maybe you meant Green in this post ?

Thanks for straightening me out on the final 53 cut time.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
I don't think there is any way Spruce is getting cut.

We have the worst WR core in the NFL and he is a new guy that shows promise with some solid plays in preseason and at camp along with his reputation as having great hands.

Plus, Goff appears to really like him. Do not discount that.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't think there is any way Spruce is getting cut.

We have the worst WR core in the NFL and he is a new guy that shows promise with some solid plays in preseason and at camp along with his reputation as having great hands.

Plus, Goff appears to really like him. Do not discount that.
Vs 3rd stringers and in practice... unless he plays lights out doubt he makes it.. He played 1 freaking game...

Athos

Legend
About what I think though I believe Thomas still has a chance and a definite chance he'll make it to the PS.