A few players that I doubt make the 53...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I would like to bing this cadre unit up here in discussion....TE/H-Back/FB prospects.

Lance Kendricks/ Cory Harkey/ Tyler Higbee look to be locks even though Tyler took a few steps backwards since his first pre season game. Still in the fight Players here are Justice Cunningham & Temarrick Hemingway trailing ready to be released are Jake Stoneburner then Zack laskey & then Benson Browne.

Let me state here that Justice Cunningham blocks every bit as good as Cory Harkey & has played better in 3 pre season games than Cory who is our starter. There is NO comparison in the play of Justice in comparison to Temarrick. I feel many are underestimating Justice & waaaaayyyyyy over estimating Temarrick's play & abilities exhibited this far. I see most all do not share my observationso_O.
I think your 100% right but Justice is a blocker and very limited as a receiver. Temarrick has skills like a WR but has the talent and strength to be a good blocker. It's Temarrick's ceiling the reason I would keep him over Justice. But who knows what will happen because I think we will keep only 5 WRs.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If a member thinks you are far off base in your thoughts here on Coples, just reroute them to last nights game as exhibit #1 as evidence that Coples is not sound or solid back up Brockers. Cam Thomas may be a bona fide ugly looking, boring non special DL'er but he does fill this teams needs in a back up NT.

While Coples is a beautiful looking DL'er with athletic abilities beyond most & might be a good rotational DL'er in time it needs to be pointed out we already have PROVEN DL'ers like Eugene Sims, Wm Hayes, Dom Easley & Ethan Westbrooks all who have played much better in the rotational inside roles than Coples....Now which of before the mentioned DL'ers do you want to kick to the curb for Coples because he has big guaranteed $$$ due to him for just showing up & looking good on the sideline in his contract?

I'm not arguing in favor of either one, they both have flaws, that's why the Fairley comment. I believe Coples was brought in to fill that all-around rotational role, where Cam appeared to be more scheme specific, which may reduce his snaps. No doubt Thomas fits the NT mold. Next game should decide it all as we are not likely to see Brockers involved much. jmo.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think your 100% right but Justice is a blocker and very limited as a receiver. Temarrick has skills like a WR but has the talent and strength to be a good blocker. It's Temarrick's ceiling the reason I would keep him over Justice. But who knows what will happen because I think we will keep only 5 WRs.
Your assessment is correct but I value the in line blocking & ST blocking that Justice Brings at this time. The value was seen when Justice teamed with Swindle & Kush to open that large size hole for MacGee to run through. I see another stonehanded TE with Temarrick with no blocking abilities. The last thing I want to see right now is a TE who can not catch the ball period. At least with Justice I know very well what you get especially if Cory were to go down & with Gurley running heavy with the ball. Temerrick can go to the PS Justice can not.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Your assessment is correct but I value the in line blocking & ST blocking that Justice Brings at this time. The value was seen when Justice teamed with Swindle & Kush to open that large size hole for MacGee to run through. I see another stonehanded TE with Temarrick with no blocking abilities. The last thing I want to see right now is a TE who can not catch the ball period. At least with Justice I know very well what you get especially if Cory were to go down & with Gurley running heavy with the ball. Temerrick can go to the PS Justice can not.
I guess those plays you mentioned I see a little different than you. Your right about that hole they opened up. But how long has Justice been in the NFL? He should be dominating 3rd and 4th stringers. Hemingway didn't catch that first pass near the goal line and that's on him. The second one he was covered by 2 guys no way he has any chance of making that catch. He needs tof work on his technique in relationship to blocking but has the tools. No blocking abilities and can't catch is little exaggerated I think but no offense brother you know I respect your opinion a lot.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would like to bing this cadre unit up here in discussion....TE/H-Back/FB prospects.

Lance Kendricks/ Cory Harkey/ Tyler Higbee look to be locks even though Tyler took a few steps backwards since his first pre season game. Still in the fight Players here are Justice Cunningham & Temarrick Hemingway trailing ready to be released are Jake Stoneburner then Zack laskey & then Benson Browne.

Let me state here that Justice Cunningham blocks every bit as good as Cory Harkey & has played better in 3 pre season games than Cory who is our starter. There is NO comparison in the play of Justice in comparison to Temarrick. I feel many are underestimating Justice & waaaaayyyyyy over estimating Temarrick's play & abilities exhibited this far. I see most all do not share my observationso_O.
Designate Harkey a FB and keep Kendricks, Higbee and Cunningham.
Also, Thomas is the 4th DT to me. He brings that size others don't have and can occasionally collapse the pocket.
He won't be a 10 sack guy (although he does have 1 this preseason) but he can be of value against the run and can make the QB his feet on occasion.
Donald/Brockers/Easely/Thomas.....with Westbrooks able to rotate in too. Really like that group.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
If u had a guess... not who u want but who u think they keep if they keep 6

Okay, I'll play. This is before the Viking game, of course.

Britt
Austin
Cooper
Spruce
McRoberts
Marquez (mostly because of ST)

I would sneak Hemingway onto the roster as a TE/WR hybrid if I possibly could.

lockdnram21

Legend
Okay, I'll play. This is before the Viking game, of course.

Britt
Austin
Cooper
Spruce
McRoberts
Marquez (mostly because of ST)

I would sneak Hemingway onto the roster as a TE/WR hybrid if I possibly could.
Wow so u I only have 1 true outside receiver... I can dig it.

Britt
Austin
Quick
Cooper
Spruce/ Marques
If we keep 6
McRoberts/Thomas/Williams

Also I'm not high on Marques.. He's great at st. But gets no separation and I don't think he got any catches in preseason so far. Think we only keep 2 slot receivers....

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Where Coples might make for the better all around rotational player behind Brockers, Coples is better against the pass than the rush. Cam Thomas is the mountain in the middle who may be better used against the rush in short yardage or goal line protection. Coples comes across to me similar to an Adam Carriker type (if you remember him), more of a 3-4 DE trying to transition into a 4-3 DT. Right about now, i'm thinking we probably should have paid Fairley. jmo

Yeah...I remember Carriker alright....what a stupid pick. I hated those 3-4 guys when picked to play a 4-3 ever since. Fairley was a really useful rotational guy - but he wanted paying like he was Brockers...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah...I remember Carriker alright....what a stupid pick. I hated those 3-4 guys when picked to play a 4-3 ever since. Fairley was a really useful rotational guy - but he wanted paying like he was Brockers...

Fairly signed for $3.mil. in N.O., same Copley will make from the Rams. We should have re-signed him.

RamWoodie

Legend
I don't think we'll see Quick get cut...he had a rough first two games...but I think they're going to keep him. The Rams intend to run the ball...and Quick is the best WR blocking hands down. They're gonna stay in his ear about focusing on catching the ball though.

He'll make the cut but I don't rule out Quick being traded.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't think we'll see Quick get cut...he had a rough first two games...but I think they're going to keep him. The Rams intend to run the ball...and Quick is the best WR blocking hands down. They're gonna stay in his ear about focusing on catching the ball though.

He'll make the cut but I don't rule out Quick being traded.
He had 1 bad game 1st game he caught all his targets and yesterday... people saying he didnt light it up, nobody's going to light ot up in this offense. They continuously go to the rb and te

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Might be hard finding 6 WRs you want to keep in this bunch. Rams will definitely scour the waiver wire for upgrades over Thomas and Quick.

Current pecking order in the coaches eyes is pretty obvious if you look at targets, reps, pedigree, and statements to the media

1. Austin
2. Britt
3. Cooper
4. Quick
5. Marquez (top special teamer even though he's hurt Fish said he knows what he can do)
6. Thomas (In spite of all his mistake he is the most targeted WR in the Preseason, played the most snaps, and has shown some special teams chops recently)

Best case scenario Spruce comes back healthy in the 4th preseason game and takes Thomas' spot and the Rams pick up an intriguing guy who gets cut to replace Quick. Barring those things happening that group looks like our 6 WRs or 5 if they put Thomas on the practice squad. That's frightening.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Might be hard finding 6 WRs you want to keep in this bunch. Rams will definitely scour the waiver wire for upgrades over Thomas and Quick.

Current pecking order in the coaches eyes is pretty obvious if you look at targets, reps, pedigree, and statements to the media

1. Austin
2. Britt
3. Cooper
4. Quick
5. Marquez (top special teamer even though he's hurt Fish said he knows what he can do)
6. Thomas (In spite of all his mistake he is the most targeted WR in the Preseason, played the most snaps, and has shown some special teams chops recently)

Best case scenario Spruce comes back healthy in the 4th preseason game and takes Thomas' spot and the Rams pick up an intriguing guy who gets cut to replace Quick. Barring those things happening that group looks like our 6 WRs or 5 if they put Thomas on the practice squad. That's frightening.

Geez, Steal...

Thomas has caught one pass in three games and Spruce has caught 6 passes in his first game. And has his teammates and the crowd screaming for him. Spruuuuuce!

Spruce is safe. Thomas goes to the PS. If he's lucky.

No brainer.

lockdnram21

Legend
Geez, Steal...

Thomas has caught one pass in three games and Spruce has caught 6 passes in his first game. And has his teammates and the crowd screaming for him. Spruuuuuce!

No brainer.
Well We'll see im not so sure

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
ill take a shot at the WR conundrum...

1. Britt
2. Tavon
3. Cooper
4. Spruce
5. Quick/Marquez (depends on if they prefer the wr upside of quick or the st play of marquez but with cooper out id say quick)
6. Thomas

edit: i also could see 7 making it til cooper is back and then they cut quick

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Geez, Steal...

No brainer.

I agree with you 100%, Spruce should make it over Thomas. That list wasn't the list of guys I want to make it. It was who the coaches have given the most attention to

Stony32

Fan since tickets were $5.50
I agree with you 100%, Spruce should make it over Thomas. That list wasn't the list of guys I want to make it. It was who the coaches have given the most attention to

I think coaches have been trying to give Thomas a chance to prove himself and maybe to justify their draft pick. I predict this one will be marked "Didn't pan out."