The OBJ Free Agency Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Kupp,Robinson,OBJ,Jefferson and Higbee will be unfair to opposing defensive coordinators

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

May DCs around the league wake up with sweaty nightmares during Rams week. It's payback time for all those easy years when you got to put your best guy on dudes like Kenny Britt and Brian Quick.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

May DCs around the league wake up with sweaty nightmares during Rams week. It's payback time for all those easy years when you got to put your best guy on dudes like Kenny Britt and Brian Quick.
Brandon Gibson, Donnie Avery and Kyle Boller…

MachS

Hall of Fame
Brandon Gibson, Donnie Avery and Kyle Boller…
Mardy Gillyard, Michael Sims Walker, Mark Clayton.

Fuck man WR was such a black hole for sooo long after Holt retired. Crazy how a new coach/GM combo can really turn things around with a few great drafts and FA moves.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Mardy Gillyard, Michael Sims Walker, Mark Clayton.

Fuck man WR was such a black hole for sooo long after Holt retired. Crazy how a new coach/GM combo can really turn things around with a few great drafts and FA moves.

Man, great description - a black hole.

Now it's a fucking supernova!!!

1654562859525.png

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I was so pumped for Gilyard and his story, man. And he was so electrifying in college.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I was so pumped for Gilyard and his story, man. And he was so electrifying in college.
Yea me too for sure but it's a good lesson that it doesn't always translate. Look at Tavon's college tape. That was some of the most jaw dropping explosive film yet still lead to a NFL bust. Shit happens all the time at every position.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yea me too for sure but it's a good lesson that it doesn't always translate. Look at Tavon's college tape. That was some of the most jaw dropping explosive film yet still lead to a NFL bust. Shit happens all the time at every position.
Y'all telling me you all weren't excited about Greg Robinson's rap game?!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Remember when he said he saw his number on the streets around town and it made him feel good. He chose torry holt's number. Something was amiss there.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Stedman Bailey was the better WR. He was getting better each season.Easy to forget him,but he was still an early pick.

dang

Legend
So what would OBJ be getting in the open market had he not torn his acl in the super bowl? $15m/year? $18m/ year? If he proves to be back to healthy he is certainly in that range. So for hypothetical purposes if he’s able to play the last 7 games + playoffs he would deserve about $8m to $9m for this year protected by play incentives. Not sure how the Rams would make that happen but that would seem fair.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So what would OBJ be getting in the open market had he not torn his acl in the super bowl? $15m/year? $18m/ year? If he proves to be back to healthy he is certainly in that range. So for hypothetical purposes if he’s able to play the last 7 games + playoffs he would deserve about $8m to $9m for this year protected by play incentives. Not sure how the Rams would make that happen but that would seem fair.
7 games out of 20???

I don’t see him at full speed until next year. And, possibly no regular season games this year.

No way he is in game shape and his previous level of play this year.

$5m max for this year and that is probably too much. Give him $2m guaranteed and incentives for production, not dressing for games.

dang

Legend
7 games out of 20???

I don’t see him at full speed until next year. And, possibly no regular season games this year.

No way he is in game shape and his previous level of play this year.

$5m max for this year and that is probably too much. Give him $2m guaranteed and incentives for production, not dressing for games.
The hypothetical was 7 regular season games plus 3-4 playoff games. So 10-11 of 20-21.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
It just feels like this is a surefire signing and pairing but I'm still anxious about it.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Give him $2m guaranteed and incentives for production, not dressing for games.
Exactly. A small guarantee like $2M max and the rest is production incentives.
He could be toast. He could take a year to get back to a close version of OBJ. Best he can and should get is a bet on himself and prove during last half of the season + playoffs that he is back and get himself a contract next season.

oldnotdead

Legend
The media is so stupid saying the Rams needed to release Howard to clear cap for Kupp. The Rams have $8.8 M in cap space. It's clear to me that they need the cap space to sign OBJ. Howard was never going to be a starter. Trading Howard for OBJ makes total sense.

The Rams want to sign OBJ on a 3 year deal. They can discount this year because the Rams are scheduling him to make his debut on Christmas. Looking at his fair market value that means they will need about $5-$6M of that cap to sign him to a 3 year deal. That would leave about $3-$4M to start the season, which is a normal amount.

I still contend that they can make a splash trade but they will need to clear cap. The elephant in the room is whether or not they will extend A'Shawn. If they do they might be able to clear enough that way.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The media is so stupid saying the Rams needed to release Howard to clear cap for Kupp. The Rams have $8.8 M in cap space. It's clear to me that they need the cap space to sign OBJ. Howard was never going to be a starter. Trading Howard for OBJ makes total sense.

The Rams want to sign OBJ on a 3 year deal. They can discount this year because the Rams are scheduling him to make his debut on Christmas. Looking at his fair market value that means they will need about $5-$6M of that cap to sign him to a 3 year deal. That would leave about $3-$4M to start the season, which is a normal amount.

I still contend that they can make a splash trade but they will need to clear cap. The elephant in the room is whether or not they will extend A'Shawn. If they do they might be able to clear enough that way.
Got a link to any of that speculation?

Last I heard they still hadn’t signed any of the draftees.