"The Wow Factor" - Real Story behind NFL to LA/Jerry Jones Merged Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tonyl711

Starter
Yeah, it does depend on where you're sitting, and from where I'm sitting, I saw Spanos beating off for ten years, and only making a move when he HAD to.
Kroenke had a plan, Spanos didn't. And I still don't see where there was any deceit involved. And the NFL was smart in not wanting anything to do with Goldman Sachs. Now THERE's some deceitful mofos.
you dont see deciet? let me remind you of just one example, in an interview with Bernie he said, "i was born and raised in missouri, named after 2 St Louis baseball players, i brought the team to St Louis and will do whatever i can to keep the team there, people in missouri know me to be a man of my word" 3 years later he is moving to LA, do you see any deceit yet?

tonyl711

Starter
Bidwell should know the history of his own team and stfu.

And the guidelines mean nothing when such an outstanding proposal was put forward. It would have been a travesty if it was voted down.

BS it would have been following thier own rules.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
you dont see deciet? let me remind you of just one example, in an interview with Bernie he said, "i was born and raised in missouri, named after 2 St Louis baseball players, i brought the team to St Louis and will do whatever i can to keep the team there, people in missouri know me to be a man of my word" 3 years later he is moving to LA, do you see any deceit yet?

No,I don't. You believe, (and will always believe), St Louis gets a total pass in all this, which facts simply don't support.
Did he always intend to move? - maybe, and even probably. But St Louis made it easier.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
but Stan is a great guy who loves his city? he is a liar, simple as that, went on record saying i was born and raised in Missouri, brought the team to St Louis and will do whatever i can to keep it there, then has the balls to state "people here know me and know i am honorable". personally i hope he gets caught up in some of his shady dealings and gets thrown in prison.
Who has said Stan is a great guy? He could be. I don't know.

A liar? Based on him saying he would do what he could to keep football in Stl? He tried twice before getting the Rams to the Lou to get other teams to St Louis. Does that not count in this whole equation? Is the CVC/RSA somehow exempt in this whole scenario? Was anything short of him paying $700 million with a totally contrary deal on the table proffered by the CVC/RSA/Fans Inc. the definition of what made him a liar? Was he supposed to just be a good guy and ignore all of that? Would ANY NFL owner do that?

Was it about money? Obviously. But was it not about money for any other entity?

He was born and raised in MO. To this day I believe he wanted to do something in MO until the allure of SoCal caught his eye as a real possibility. Would you not honestly do the same? I don't care for most of the LA area - and I was born there. I love Oregon and would love to build something more here. But the politics are starting to make me look elsewhere. There are areas of Southern California that are just incredible if you have the coin to pull it off. I'd take northern San Diego area in a heart beat if I could work it.

I'm sorry but wanting to be a big fish in the LA area while having a home in Malibu just a helicopter jump from your stadium is something I have a hard time holding against him. FFS - What the hell do you work that hard to do? Pay homage to your home town? I wouldn't. I'm going to guess that very few would.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Why would he try to bring two other teams there besides the Rams? Because he always wanted to double cross his home state? Makes no sense.

MrMotes

Starter

One thing i see is a quote from 2010 when Kroenke exercised his option to buy the team. That was 6 years ago. Things change.

If that's the lie, i'm not seeing it...

tonyl711

Starter
One thing i see is a quote from 2010 when Kroenke exercised his option to buy the team. That was 6 years ago. Things change.

If that's the lie, i'm not seeing it...
thats because you dont want to see it, saying one thing then doing another is a lie, is diectfull. and you know it.

tonyl711

Starter
Why would he try to bring two other teams there besides the Rams? Because he always wanted to double cross his home state? Makes no sense.
lol, keep trying to spin it. yes he did try to bring 2 teams here, he brought one team here, then stated on record that he was going to do everything he could to make sure that team stayed here, spin away but a lie is a lie.

tonyl711

Starter
Who has said Stan is a great guy? He could be. I don't know.

A liar? Based on him saying he would do what he could to keep football in Stl? He tried twice before getting the Rams to the Lou to get other teams to St Louis. Does that not count in this whole equation? Is the CVC/RSA somehow exempt in this whole scenario? Was anything short of him paying $700 million with a totally contrary deal on the table proffered by the CVC/RSA/Fans Inc. the definition of what made him a liar? Was he supposed to just be a good guy and ignore all of that? Would ANY NFL owner do that?

Was it about money? Obviously. But was it not about money for any other entity?

He was born and raised in MO. To this day I believe he wanted to do something in MO until the allure of SoCal caught his eye as a real possibility. Would you not honestly do the same? I don't care for most of the LA area - and I was born there. I love Oregon and would love to build something more here. But the politics are starting to make me look elsewhere. There are areas of Southern California that are just incredible if you have the coin to pull it off. I'd take northern San Diego area in a heart beat if I could work it.

I'm sorry but wanting to be a big fish in the LA area while having a home in Malibu just a helicopter jump from your stadium is something I have a hard time holding against him. FFS - What the hell do you work that hard to do? Pay homage to your home town? I wouldn't. I'm going to guess that very few would.
lol, he still lied, when you state one thing then do exactly the oppisite you are lying.

tonyl711

Starter
No,I don't. You believe, (and will always believe), St Louis gets a total pass in all this, which facts simply don't support.
Did he always intend to move? - maybe, and even probably. But St Louis made it easier.
lol, a lie is still a lie no matter how you want to spin it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hmmm, how about what they did to Bidwell, couldnt even let him speak his peace? i guess that dont matter.
lol keep grasping at straws. Having read the rest of your comments in this thread I think it's best if this is my last reply to you.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
lol, keep trying to spin it. yes he did try to bring 2 teams here, he brought one team here, then stated on record that he was going to do everything he could to make sure that team stayed here, spin away but a lie is a lie.
In 95 STL offered a deal that promised to keep the Dome first tier.

In 2010 when he said that he probably assumed STL would honor the lease.

In 2012 STL didn't honor the lease, they lied.

Shortly after, Stan started looking elsewhere.

This was all in the relocation application submitted to the league by the Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Guys; I know there are few things to talk about these days, but this topic is getting old specific to where it divides us.

I am disappointed by the lack of compassion shown here, considering both cities knows what it feels like to have an owner justify their actions to move the team. Both cities!

LA didn't like the things said about their city in 1994. Just as STL doesn't want to hear it now.

One city wins when another loses? If your a fan of the team that doesn't sound like a winner to either one.

Business meets sport. When money is involved it's less about the sport. Which sucks. That I think we can all agree.

bluecoconuts

Legend
lol, he still lied, when you state one thing then do exactly the oppisite you are lying.

Regardless of situation though? I mean I said I'd never work behind a desk when I was 11 years old, now part of my work has me behind a desk in my own office.. Sure I'm not working in a cubical or anything, and I'm in the lab a lot, but I still have a desk and I still work behind it. Would that be considered a lie? Or situations changing?