"The Wow Factor" - Real Story behind NFL to LA/Jerry Jones Merged Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Start with the end in mind. Probably one of the oldest and truest business axioms in existence.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You sound surprised. Kroenke just doesn't care about the fans or the game day experience. Whatever puts the most $$$ in his pocket.
There are but just a few owners you could NOT say that about. And even those - if faced with being able to triple the value of their franchise..... all bets are off.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You sound surprised. Kroenke just doesn't care about the fans or the game day experience. Whatever puts the most $$$ in his pocket.

If he didn't care about the game day experience... none of this would have happened.

The game day experience in the new stadium (paid for with Stan's own $) will be the finest in the world.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If he didn't care about the game day experience... none of this would have happened.

The game day experience in the new stadium (paid for with Stan's own $) will be the finest in the world.

No doubt. Gonna cost a fortune to bring all my kids and some other extended family to the game, but you know it's already a fortune anyway to attend an NFL game so whatevs.

What I'm really pumped about is attending my first camp. Do they allow you to use vid cams at those usually?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
No doubt. Gonna cost a fortune to bring all my kids and some other extended family to the game, but you know it's already a fortune anyway to attend an NFL game so whatevs.

What I'm really pumped about is attending my first camp. Do they allow you to use vid cams at those usually?

I doubt they want guys out there filming like Bellycheat and Co... but I bet your cell phone has a nice video camera in it. LOL

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Why is Spanos, (worth a couple billion) such a saint? Don't recall him EVER offering to put up any money towards the stadium he wants the city to build.
SK had a plan IN PLACE, and when Spanos, (and Davis), realized "freak, he's serious", out of the blue, the Carson project (basically just a rendering) appears.
Led by the ultimate good guys - Goldman freaking Sachs. And these crap writers always inferring SK married his money - he was worth $3 Billion when he married the heiress. Look it up.
Christ I'm tired of reading this crap. The smartest guy won. This is America - that's (thank God) how it works. Be glad, and get the freak over it.

Or what?

The smartest guy won or the most deceitful and underhanded guy won?

Depends on where you are sitting doesn't it?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I call bullshit on JJones calling bullshit. But his statement "you did it for the money" pretty much sums up what he and most of the owners think of fans.

The Cardinals moved to AZ in 1987. Michael Bidwell was a college kid and was 23 years old, he had nothing to do with the move, it was his father. So Jerruh is unaware of facts, not that facts mattered in this whole process.

In fact he didn't even work for the fucking team because up until 1996 he was a federal prosecutor. Bidwell's point was CORRECT and in fact is one of the relocation guidelines that the NFL has in place, which they ignored. Pretty much all of the guidelines in place mean nothing since I can't think of any that the Rams actually met. Can you name any they met?

This was a dirty deal done by people who don't give a shit about any city or any fans or anything else..........other than money.

I'll always be a Rams fan, I always have been. But this owner disgusts me even more than Georgia, I've never liked his style of "ownership" and since he doesn't care why the hell should I............fuck him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I call bullcrap on JJones calling bullcrap. But his statement "you did it for the money" pretty much sums up what he and most of the owners think of fans.

The Cardinals moved to AZ in 1987. Michael Bidwell was a college kid and was 23 years old, he had nothing to do with the move, it was his father. So Jerruh is unaware of facts, not that facts mattered in this whole process.

In fact he didn't even work for the freaking team because up until 1996 he was a federal prosecutor. Bidwell's point was CORRECT and in fact is one of the relocation guidelines that the NFL has in place, which they ignored. Pretty much all of the guidelines in place mean nothing since I can't think of any that the Rams actually met. Can you name any they met?

This was a dirty deal done by people who don't give a crap about any city or any fans or anything else..........other than money.

I'll always be a Rams fan, I always have been. But this owner disgusts me even more than Georgia, I've never liked his style of "ownership" and since he doesn't care why the hell should I............freak him.

When he says you he means you the cardinals not you Michael Bidwell. C'mon man.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Heh exactly! Everybody in that room and reading this article knows who was running the Cardinals when they moved to AZ.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yeah, it does depend on where you're sitting, and from where I'm sitting, I saw Spanos beating off for ten years, and only making a move when he HAD to.
Kroenke had a plan, Spanos didn't. And I still don't see where there was any deceit involved. And the NFL was smart in not wanting anything to do with Goldman Sachs. Now THERE's some deceitful mofos.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

MB was making a point, one that he has a right to make and Jerruh was wrong to say "you did it for the money" because MB didn't in fact DO ANYTHING. This is like blaming you for something your brother or father did at their job while you were still in school.

And by the way he was bringing up a point about relocation guidelines........but that turned out to be a bunch of bullshit too.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, it does depend on where you're sitting, and from where I'm sitting, I saw Spanos beating off for ten years, and only making a move when he HAD to.
Kroenke had a plan, Spanos didn't. And I still don't see where there was any deceit involved. And the NFL was smart in not wanting anything to do with Goldman Sachs. Now THERE's some deceitful mofos.

Spanos has at least tried to do something in SD, Kroenke did nothing but lie to anyone he had to lie to including the city of STL, the county, the state of MO, Spanos and the fans in STL.

Yes..........correct, Kroenke had a plan and he and Demoff have been lying their asses off for at least two years to get it done. That's deceitful. If you can't see where there was deceit involved I don't know what to say other than you haven't followed this very closely because those two have been lying and hiding shit for a long, long time.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
You don't buy an NFL team to please the fans. You do it for the equity. These guys are all so far moved from the reality of blue collar fans its not even funny. The whole time I read this story I'm reminded of these shit head politicians who can say anything right because they haven't lived the life of the average Joe.

My love for the team means nothing g to them. But that's why you root for the players and team as a whole. I'm afraid that the time in St. Louis is going to end up as a black eye in team history, including the super bowl win.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Precisely. Stan's project was so over the top the other one never had a chance. The quality of his plan overcame everything else once he opened it up to a second team.

And what's funny is Spanos is too stupid to see that coming. The reason the NFL left LA was stadium quality. The reason Inglewood won was stadium quality. It's not rocket science man.
Inglewood is like Star Wars and Carson is like a black and white movie.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Please give me a verifiable quote where either Kroenke or Demoff lied to the press, anyone in St Louis, or the fans.

Not what they didn't say, or should have said, but what they said that was a lie.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I can't think of any that the Rams actually met. Can you name any they met?

They didn't need to, they had a lease that said they could move freely if conditions weren't met. Conditions weren't met. People like to say it wasn't a breach, and year to year was just a clause that got triggered.. Well so was them being free to relocate anywhere they wanted.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It's the opposite. Scrappy tailgating in a parking garage, or no tailgating at all will make the experience less fun and could reduce attendance. Seems like it may hurt his bottom line.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Seems to me there's a lot of parking for tailgating, especially the area with a huge park.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 127