"The Wow Factor" - Real Story behind NFL to LA/Jerry Jones Merged Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
At the end of the day the best project won.

Precisely. Stan's project was so over the top the other one never had a chance. The quality of his plan overcame everything else once he opened it up to a second team.

And what's funny is Spanos is too stupid to see that coming. The reason the NFL left LA was stadium quality. The reason Inglewood won was stadium quality. It's not rocket science man.

MrMotes

Starter
The Rams were always going to move to L.A. unless Dean Spanos could stop them.

Kroenke wanted it, the NFL wanted it but Spanos was vehemently against it.

St. Louis really never had anything to do with it...

~lyser

Rookie
Cool Story Bro!

Whatever, however it happened, the Rams in LA SUCKS for the fans in the Lou. Sucks.

It is ALWAYS about the almighty dollar.

"We take cash, we take credit cards, we take your grandmomma's dentures if they got gold in 'em" - S.T.

For a nomad fan like me LA is A-ok, that;'s were it started for me. The people of the LOU got fucked for money, but who hasn't been? Really? You are fucked for cash every dam day. Root of all evil and all that. That's life. People are greedy fucks. Peace and love? Nah, give me your money!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"We take cash, we take credit cards, we take your grandmomma's dentures if they got gold in 'em" - S.T.

nothing like a quote from a suicidal tendencies song (send me your money) to make the day better. (y)

~lyser

Rookie
Suicidal and Megadeth on tour - back to the old school. Wonder if Mustaine and Muir still got it? I'll find out in April in Niagara Falls.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Suicidal and Megadeth on tour - back to the old school. Wonder if Mustaine and Muir still got it? I'll find out in April in Niagara Falls.
I'm going to the Megadeth concert this month at the Hollywood Palladium and I'm stoked!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Compared to the people in the world Trade Centre, all the police and firemen that went there, the people in the planes that were flown into it and the pentagon, the people in the pentagon that were trying to work out where $2.3 trillion dollars disappeared from the military budget, I'd say the people of St Louis got off pretty lightly when screwed over by an entity chasing the dollar.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Jerry Richardson the bully but it's perfectly OK for Jurrah to call out Michael Bidwill.

~lyser

Rookie
New record the best in awhile. Dave sounds a bit..."phlegmy" tho. Must be all that clean living and god stuff? I dunno. So glad he was booted from Metallica all those years back. We got the first few Metallica classics (while Cliff was alive) and all these years of Megadeth.

First saw them on Peace sells tour (or was it so far, so what?) - no shit, opening for DIO Sacred Heart Tour. Musta been '86 maybe. '87??That's how old I am and how much my neck hurts from banging my head all these years.

Some good tours going on right now - Megadeth/ST in April. Lamb of God/Clutch/COC (!!!!!!) in May (twice) yeah - that's gonna be a barn burner - Toronto tix go on sale...well, today I guess.

Get a chance to sit in on an interview with Clutch in Albany - stoked.

The new clutch record is my 11 year old daughter's favorite - she is coming to ALbany with me. Will be her second Clutch show. 50 or so for me - I'm a huge Clutch fanboy and kinda know some of the guys...

Set the world A FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I LMAO'd at the part where Jerry went on an expletive laden binge and told them they needed an owner in LA with balls. Never did like Jerruh, but I'm a big fan of his now! :D

Jerry Jones was right. If the NFL was going to swoop in and reclaim L.A. they needed to do it with a big splash and an owner that can see beyond just building a stadium. Neither Spanos, nor Davis come across as that innovative or well funded to pull it off. Bringing in Iger was a desperation move that made little sense because he was not an NFL owner. If the Raiders and Chargers needed a third party to swing the deal and make the NFL a success in L.A. then it is obvious that they are not the owners to put there.

garages proposed at Inglewood that would limit tailgating and make game-day traffic a mess

This kind of sucks though. Parking garages?

STLINI

UDFA
Jerry Jones is not the only one who thought that. 30 other owners and commish/league staff thought that also.

Not necessarily. 20 other owners thought it, the ones who voted for it originally. After the first vote, it was obvious that Inglewood was going to be the choice, so I'm sure there were talks of making it look like a "unified" decision. Doesn't matter in the end, but I don't think that people on the LA committee that have been looking at this the longest, all of a sudden changed their minds because Jerry Jones wanted them too. They were trying to make the NFL look better when they knew they were outvoted.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jerry Richardson the bully but it's perfectly OK for Jurrah to call out Michael Bidwill.

IMO, it's okay to call someone out when they're spewing gobbledygook and not telling the truth, IMO, Jerry Richardson was trying to bully owners in doing what they did not want to do. Richardson was a real ahole during this IMHO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to Kroenke and Demoff, Allen was as big of a factor as Jerry ones. Owners were very impressed that Stan convinced the reclusive Allen and earned his support. This meeting was the first Allen had been to in four years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jerry called a spade a spade. The burgermeister tried to get votes by bullying billionaires, just not smart.

MrMotes

Starter
It's amazing how little St. Louis and the cites had to do with it.

But it makes sense. The NFL is an organization of owners, not an organization of cities...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Jerry Jones was right. If the NFL was going to swoop in and reclaim L.A. they needed to do it with a big splash and an owner that can see beyond just building a stadium. Neither Spanos, nor Davis come across as that innovative or well funded to pull it off. Bringing in Iger was a desperation move that made little sense because he was not an NFL owner. If the Raiders and Chargers needed a third party to swing the deal and make the NFL a success in L.A. then it is obvious that they are not the owners to put there.

This kind of sucks though. Parking garages?
You sound surprised. Kroenke just doesn't care about the fans or the game day experience. Whatever puts the most $$$ in his pocket.