Sam Bradford's Philly Debut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
For all the shit the Rams took this whole week, the Ravens are playing even worse. It's the effing preseason. Also eff the Ravens.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Done with this for a lifetime..

image.jpg

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Anybody else feels like Bradford could be healthier if he just workout his legs for once?

image.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
I guess we'll see, my personal feeling is that he won't be on the field for long. Just watching one drive tonight confirms it a little for me.
Could be.
Doing the option hand off thing is sort of funny with a QB that you would not have run. I think he is a good fit for the passing part of their offense.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I would have thought that they would have given Bradford more than one series... I know it's been a long time but that doesn't seem like enough to do anything for anybody...The one series with Foles last week was the same thing...I'd like to see Foles for a quarter tomorrow...

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Survived the first drive. To be honest I don't miss holding my breath every time Bradford took a shot. At any moment the anticipation of losing your quarterback (especially a fragile one) sort of takes away attention of other players in the game.

"Exactly Right"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/22/sam-bradford-takes-some-shots-in-his-eagles-debut/

Sam Bradford takes some shots in his Eagles debut
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 22, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptexnmi3nzc5owmynzyzngi4zta5zjziyta5zdrmzdu1.jpeg
AP

The Eagles finally got a look at the quarterback they’re counting on saving them. No, not Tim Tebow, the other one.

But what they saw out of Sam Bradford in his first game back from his twin torn ACLs still had them holding their breath.

Bradford took several hard shots from the Ravens on his opening drive, with linebacker Terrell Suggs drawing a penalty after diving at his legs, and then defensive lineman Brandon Williams pounding him into the ground.

But Bradford led a crisp touchdown drive also, an 11-play, 84-yard march capped by aRyan Mathews touchdown run. He completed 3-of-5 passes, but taking so many shots so early in his comeback will create a worry.

That’s probably why Mark Sanchez took the field for the second possession, making it a short night for Bradford.
--------
Block better, get rid of the ball sooner!
-------
If you think Suggs dove at his legs, you need your eyes checked. 100% legal play.
-------
That shot Suggs gave was as dirty as they come. He had no business hitting him so low except to try to hurt Bradford. Hope he gets a heavy fine. And Suggs and Hairball both trying to argue that play action allows him to be hit, Bull, Bradford was just standing there before he was hit. He didn’t move at all. Dirty Baltimore at it’s finest (lowest).
--------
Foles looked good, Bradford looked good.

It’s obviously a really small sample size, but this looks encouraging for both sides
--------
It seemed to me like on most of the snaps he was feeling no pressure at all and could just stand tall in the pocket. Bradford looked good but to me Chip Kelly just makes any qb look good
-------
To the whiners…Suggs’ hit was above the knees on a read option. The wussification of the NFL continues.
--------
Honestly when the Eagles made the trade (I’m a redskins fan by the way), I thought the only issue with it for Philly was Sam’s contract. Other than that, I always loved Bradford. He’s better than Foles in my opinion, but he’s injury prone. If healthy, he’s a very underrated QB in my book. I feel he will be great if healthy for the Eagles

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Initial grab on second shot is arm grabbing mid-thigh and Suggs wrapping him up at the knees. He didn't hit him at the knees. The hit came mid-thigh and was mitigated by Bradford's movement.

I didn't see anything dirty about it at all. It certainly wasn't like the Rodney Harrison hit...