LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That was truly a great film. They completely ruined it with their sequels and the remake was just terrible.
I disagree that the sequels were terrible. The stories were well written. It was the ridiculously diminished budgets that was the tragedy. What i also find tragic is how stingy movie studios used to be when presented with quality ideas and storytelling in terms of budgets...while in todays modern era, we get $80,000,000 spent on trash.
Its too bad.
POTA
$5.8 mill

Beneath
$3 mill

Escape
$2.5 mill

Conquest(watch the recently released unrated version if you get a chance)
$1.7 mill

Battle
$1.8 mill

I agree that Tim Burtons POTA was bad. Walberg was awful, it had no depth, no suspense and just didn't work IMO.

The recent reboot is promising so far. "Rise" was very well done and soon to be released "Dawn" looks good too.

Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Transformers: Age of Extinction

6.5/10

Pros:
-I like Mark Wahlberg and thought his charcter was pretty good. His fight while going down the side of a building was awesome.
-the Transformer fights were good as usual.
-it was long, little over 2 1/2 hours(i like long movies)
-Kelsey Grammar was a good bad guy. Stanley Tucci was like Steve Jobs except with some bigger and badder goals.
-the transformer dinosaurs were awesome

Cons:
-The daughter. Although hot, was annoying IMO.
-The "new" transformers. With how they can break down and move, dont really understand how they could really be destroyed easily at times.
-Plot holes. Lots of stuff happens in this movie and they coulda had more stuff happen, even if small. They talk anout certain things and showncertain things but just glimpses. Some probably for setting up the next movie, some to just make the movie work but nothing more.
-My biggest problem with the movie, which annoyed me through the whole damn thing was the CGI. I dont know why they decided to change the looks of the transformers, but they look different than the first 3 movies(and not in a good way) and to make matters worse, they look like cartoonish syfy channel level cgi shit. In the first 3 they have some realism(as best as possible) to them and good definition, in this one they look like complete fake shit most of the time. Other cgi parts were shit as well. There faces and when they talk looked fake, stupid and shitty. Also the cgi for the new transformium bullshit looked like shit as well. Annoyed me throughout the whole movie. My wife didnt notice it but I did right away. Maybe im wrong and eyes are getting worse but it put a downer on it the entire movie for me.

If not for the shitty CGI, probably would give it a 7.5/10

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Beneath the Planet of the Apes(1970)
8/10

Rewatching all the originals before Dawn comes out next week. (y)

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Wolverine 2013 7/10 nothing you havent seen before. when i can figure out plot twists, the writing must not be great or leave itself with better options. the ending sets you up for X Men Days which obviously didnt help me since i saw them out of order anyway.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Ernest and Celestine - 9/10. Beautiful artwork and animation, a nice story, excellent voice work. My wife ordered it on Amazon streaming and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the film. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys the art of animation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, love this thread
Only movies I see in the theatre are with my kids so....
Spiderman 2- 7 out of 10
Lego Movie- 8 out of 10
How to train Dragon 2- 5 out of 10

Free HBO weekend, caught a couple
Pacific Rim- 9 out of 10
The Purge- 2 out of 10
The Great Gatsby- (-100) out of 10

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Edge of Tomorrow 8 / 10. great action, time loops/resets are tricky to follow and catch mistakes if there are any. the ending is somewhat ambiguous depending on how you want to figure it out logically which again involves the time loops/resets and what rules the participants seem to be following. probably an excellent read of a book as well (which i havent done) The film is based on the Japanese light novel All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. (quoted from IMDB) internet movie data base.com

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
If I get some time this weekend I think I might catch Edge of Tomorrow. Sounds like it's at least worth seeing in a theater.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
The Wolverine 2013 7/10 nothing you havent seen before. when i can figure out plot twists, the writing must not be great or leave itself with better options. the ending sets you up for X Men Days which obviously didnt help me since i saw them out of order anyway.

I saw that recently too. It didn't wow me, but it entertained me enough to keep watching. I must admit though, I expected more from a movie featuring Wolverine and ninjas.

As for my movie rating: Kick-Ass 2 -- 6/10.

I didn't think the first one was awesome, but good enough to warrant watching its sequel. This one had its moments of fun, but went through long droughts of unneeded seriousness that really dragged the movie down. By the time it ended, I was surprised that it hadn't eclipsed the two-hour mark. Jim Carrey did a terrific job in a traditionally non-Jim Carrey-type role, but beyond that, no one else stood out.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
HER 9/10

Joaquin Phoenix was perfect for this role. Excellent acting. A little awkward and seemingly slow at first but, strangely, very good.

I dug through this thread looking for someone else who saw this movie. I agree, excellent film, very heavy philosophically. Spike Jonze is rapidly becoming my favorite filmmaker. If you liked Her, go back and watch Being John Malkovich... fukin weird man, in the best possible way. Adaptation was also good.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I dug through this thread looking for someone else who saw this movie. I agree, excellent film, very heavy philosophically. Spike Jonze is rapidly becoming my favorite filmmaker. If you liked Her, go back and watch Being John Malkovich... fukin weird man, in the best possible way. Adaptation was also good.

I liked Her as well, watched it like 5 months ago but since I watch a shit ton of movies I dont post them all. Really surprised me by how good it was.

Being John Malkovich is great. Used to watch it every time it played on TV. Really an odd movie but works great.

Adaptation was really good. Was hesitant to watch when my brother came home with the dvd one day way back then. Plot just seemed kinda ehhh. But damn it was I wrong. Movie was great.

Its also cool he was a producer in all the jackass movies. Have been watching those guys since CKY.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
300: Rise of an Empire

5/10

Would have been a 4/10 if not for Eva Green and her twins in the sex scene.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Only God Forgives. (Netflix) - 1/10
Same actor /Director duo that made Drive... which I thought was a pretty good film. Thought I would give this one a try.
Goodness, this movie was awful. I despised it so much, I even left my very first (and only) review on Netflix in hopes of discouraging other viewers from wasting 2 hours of their lives. Here's part of my "review".....

"I felt compelled to write my very first review here , to let the world know just how badly I feel for wasting an hour and a half of my life with this.I thought Refn and Gosling hit a homerun with Drive... but this one was garbage. Some will defend it by saying " you don't 'get it'"-- but NO, it sucks. Reeks of pretentious-ness."

Seriously fellas. There is some Asian detective that sings karaoke for about 5 minutes , the crowd is just watching him, stone faced and silent and it is the most uncomfortable and awkward things I have ever been a part of. Ryan Gosling does his usual, mute/retard bit.... and it is just laughably bad.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Only God Forgives. (Netflix) - 1/10
Same actor /Director duo that made Drive... which I thought was a pretty good film. Thought I would give this one a try.
Goodness, this movie was awful. I despised it so much, I even left my very first (and only) review on Netflix in hopes of discouraging other viewers from wasting 2 hours of their lives. Here's part of my "review".....

"I felt compelled to write my very first review here , to let the world know just how badly I feel for wasting an hour and a half of my life with this.I thought Refn and Gosling hit a homerun with Drive... but this one was garbage. Some will defend it by saying " you don't 'get it'"-- but NO, it sucks. Reeks of pretentious-ness."

Seriously fellas. There is some Asian detective that sings karaoke for about 5 minutes , the crowd is just watching him, stone faced and silent and it is the most uncomfortable and awkward things I have ever been a part of. Ryan Gosling does his usual, mute/retard bit.... and it is just laughably bad.
Loved Drive. Awesome flick. Always reminded me of GTA: Vice City combined with Driver.

I wouldn't give "only god forgives" a 1/10. Probably a 2.5/10 - 3/10 though. Movie did suck.

"A Place Beyond the Pines" made up for it though. That movie is good, probably a 7/10. Redeems Gosling.

Last edited: