LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Going tomorrow. I'm thinking this reboot/reimagining goes at least 3 films.
"Rise" most resembled the fourth film in the original series. "Dawn" looks like the fifth film. I'm hoping that the next one will involve the missing astronauts on their way to Mars(subliminally mentioned a few times in "Rise")...and they return to Earth sometime later to find an upside down society similiar to the the original '68 film. There are a couple ways it could go.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just watched a bunch of meh...

Joe - 6.5/10 - 6.5 is 6 better than any other Nick Cage movie in recent history, so by his standards, it was redeeming. Not a bad film at all, if a little predictable. The kid that he befriends in this movie steals the show.

Noah - 6/10 - A Bible epic meets Transformers.....weird. I liked it ok, but there were some head scratching moments as with any Bible story, haha. Lots of trippy visuals believe it or not.

Her - 8/10 - Definitely an interesting movie with a scary, and not too far fetched vision of human/not so human interaction. Sad ending that hits harder than you may imagine it would.

About Last Night - 4/10 - Love me some Kevin Hart, but this movie was at least an hr too long. Had its moments...I guess, but man was there a lot of sappy, corny shit.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - 7/10 - Wes Anderson movies are hit or miss for me, but I liked this one for sure. Lots of cameos from well known actors, and the regular Wes Anderson movie crew do a good job moving the story along. Ralph Fiennes character and Zero, his child cohort are a trip. Lots of Monty Python influence in this one....and that is always a good thing.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Going tomorrow. I'm thinking this reboot/reimagining goes at least 3 films.
"Rise" most resembled the fourth film in the original series. "Dawn" looks like the fifth film. I'm hoping that the next one will involve the missing astronauts on their way to Mars(subliminally mentioned a few times in "Rise")...and they return to Earth sometime later to find an upside down society similiar to the the original '68 film. There are a couple ways it could go.
Going sometime this weekend. Probably sunday so dont have to deal with crowd and packed theater. But really want to see it so might go tomorrow or saturday. Loved the original series and love this reboot. Watched the 3rd and 4th last night. So we shall see.

I have a feeling by Monday there will be quite a few reviews about this movie.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I rewatched Deliverance yesterday with my boys ,the Ax Murderer says it should be redone with better camera work and some snappier dialogue,
I think it's a classic and does warrant a face lift.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My review for those interested :)
I gave it an 8.5/10

Excellent CGI.
Good acting. I wanted more Gary Oldman, but Jason Clarke was very good.
Andy Serkis as Caesar....wow. I never thought one could put so much character into a CGI model. Pretty amazing really.
Strong story although quite predictable.
In terms of sequels it was quite strong, but i wanted a bit more. I loved the first hour. I'm also relieved that this film wasn't a blatant "cash in" off of the first film(Rise).
It took its time, had a message and successfully put it across. The few action scenes were excellent and visually it all looked fantastic.
I recommend it. If you liked "Rise" i think you'll enjoy it. I don't talk about plot holes in science fiction because well...it's science fiction.

I'm a huge POTA guy having been raised on the originals, TV series etc...
Tim Burtons POTA was mostly crap IMO, aside from the makeup/costumes which were well done.

I want to mention my feelings on where the 3rd film might/should go...
It needs to move forward quite a bit IMO. Bring the missing astronauts and the sci-fiction element back into it. I just got home from watching Dawn, it was good but not great for me. Admittedly my expectations were probably a little too high,but the last 15-20 minutes or so left me feeling a little flat. Still, it was a very good sequel.

The characters have all been set up nicely and all have been given some depth. A lot of ape/human drama in "Dawn"(and thats ok because after "Rise" it was important to get into all that)...but not a whole lot really happened in "Dawn" IMO. So now, lets broaden the scope and scale down a bit on the mass character development a little in the 3rd film.

I have a feeling that this franchise is going to end on a very positive, upbeat "lets all get along and hold hands and smile" note. It would very much benefit that final note of sunshine if first we get a more cynical, darker, sci-fi adventure that broadens the scope of the ape/human planet a bit. Otherwise i really don't think there's much more to be said following "Dawn."

Bottom line for me is this was a very good sequel, but it's going to need to take an unexpected left turn in terms of timeline, evolution...something risky to keep moving. Right now it's the story of morality of apes vs humans and morality within each species and it's struggle for peace and/or dominance. Yep. Well done so far. Got it.

For myself it needs a 3rd element of something interesting to move forward and keep it fresh.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Just watched "Paths of Glory".
Stanley Kubrick from 1957, looks and feels like it could have been made today.

Fantastic film.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I rewatched Deliverance yesterday with my boys ,the Ax Murderer says it should be redone with better camera work and some snappier dialogue,
I think it's a classic and does warrant a face lift.

Totally agree with you.
Classic movie and a really good book as well.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
My review for those interested :)
I gave it an 8.5/10

Excellent CGI.
Good acting. I wanted more Gary Oldman, but Jason Clarke was very good.
Andy Serkis as Caesar....wow. I never thought one could put so much character into a CGI model. Pretty amazing really.
Strong story although quite predictable.
In terms of sequels it was quite strong, but i wanted a bit more. I loved the first hour. I'm also relieved that this film wasn't a blatant "cash in" off of the first film(Rise).
It took its time, had a message and successfully put it across. The few action scenes were excellent and visually it all looked fantastic.
I recommend it. If you liked "Rise" i think you'll enjoy it. I don't talk about plot holes in science fiction because well...it's science fiction.

I'm a huge POTA guy having been raised on the originals, TV series etc...
Tim Burtons POTA was mostly crap IMO, aside from the makeup/costumes which were well done.

I want to mention my feelings on where the 3rd film might/should go...
It needs to move forward quite a bit IMO. Bring the missing astronauts and the sci-fiction element back into it. I just got home from watching Dawn, it was good but not great for me. Admittedly my expectations were probably a little too high,but the last 15-20 minutes or so left me feeling a little flat. Still, it was a very good sequel.

The characters have all been set up nicely and all have been given some depth. A lot of ape/human drama in "Dawn"(and thats ok because after "Rise" it was important to get into all that)...but not a whole lot really happened in "Dawn" IMO. So now, lets broaden the scope and scale down a bit on the mass character development a little in the 3rd film.

I have a feeling that this franchise is going to end on a very positive, upbeat "lets all get along and hold hands and smile" note. It would very much benefit that final note of sunshine if first we get a more cynical, darker, sci-fi adventure that broadens the scope of the ape/human planet a bit. Otherwise i really don't think there's much more to be said following "Dawn."

Bottom line for me is this was a very good sequel, but it's going to need to take an unexpected left turn in terms of timeline, evolution...something risky to keep moving. Right now it's the story of morality of apes vs humans and morality within each species and it's struggle for peace and/or dominance. Yep. Well done so far. Got it.

For myself it needs a 3rd element of something interesting to move forward and keep it fresh.
Nice review, cant wait to see it sunday to compare. Im excited!

Rambition

Rookie
SNOWPIERCER
Emoji_02B50.png
Emoji_02B50.png
Emoji_02B50.png
Emoji_02B50.png

crazy, stylish new sci-fi flick about the passengers on a trans-global train, hurtling along the frozen landscapes of post-apocalypse earth, a world doomed by an ill-fated attempt to saturate the atmosphere with a substance intended to fight greenhouse gas effects. will chris evans (captain america) and his renegade companions from the squalid and oppressed rear cars of the train make it to the front of the train, where those in power--including ed harris as the designer and king of the train--maintain their control over the lower classes with a brutal and iron grip? and what happens if they do? as the last survivors of the human race, everything hangs in the balance for those on board.

remember anthony hopkins in the road to wellville?
Anthony-Hopkins-as-Dr.-John-Harvey-Kellogg.jpg

tilda swinton nearly steals the show (as did hopkins in wellville) with buckteeth and spectacles...
16690_600.jpg

she is, however, no benevolent figure, as was hopkins. she is both comic and maleficent as the "minister of the train," brutally enforcing "order."

the excellent john hurt is also along for the ride.

it's part terry gilliam, part ridley scott, and a lot of its own director, the korean bong joon ho. i liked this flick quite a bit, though a few plot contrivances/inconsistencies (most notably in the major plot "twist" that is revealed late in the proceedings), and a slight over-indulgence of violence kept me from giving it 5 stars.

you may wish to hurry if you want to see it in theaters, as it was a limited release to start with and i believe it closed yesterday at some of the theaters in which it had been playing.

preview:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
eXsitenZ 6.7. A little dated, but had a pretty good plot. Even if it was kinda shitty scripted. You'll be lost for most of the movie until the end.

Gravity 8.79. Very well directed high budget movie. Definitely worth checking out. Make sure you watch it on a tv that's worth a shit.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
8.79?
What exactly caused it to drop that last one-hundredth of a point?:shades:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
8.79?
What exactly caused it to drop that last one-hundredth of a point?:shades:

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock need to both be punched in face regardless of the movie. More George, but Sandra too.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Dawn of the planet of the Apes-

9/10

Loved it, thought it went in a great direction and was a great lead up to what will be a focus in the next one. At the pace its going I hope they make 2-3 more films. Not sure they could fit everything in and done in one more. Depending on what direction they take this ofc.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Am i the only one who didnt really like "Gravity"? I watched it soon after it came out and thought it was boring. But i was drinking when I had seen it so thought maybe I was to buzzed to pay attention enough. Started watching it a few ago and after about 20 minutes changed to something else. Couldnt keep my attention. And was sober!!

Will try to watch through the whole thing again, and sober...and see if maybe I just need to focus more...though usually I dont have to put extra focus on a movie toget through it, if its good it should grab my attention. We shall see if I will like it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Am i the only one who didnt really like "Gravity"? I watched it soon after it came out and thought it was boring. But i was drinking when I had seen it so thought maybe I was to buzzed to pay attention enough. Started watching it a few ago and after about 20 minutes changed to something else. Couldnt keep my attention. And was sober!!

Will try to watch through the whole thing again, and sober...and see if maybe I just need to focus more...though usually I dont have to put extra focus on a movie toget through it, if its good it should grab my attention. We shall see if I will like it.

Wrong drug.

Rambition

Rookie
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock need to both be punched in face regardless of the movie. More George, but Sandra too.
if you're going to punch sandra bullock in the face regardless of the movie, perhaps you can also rate the movie without regard to her politics.