LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I was hesitant to see that due to the real high chance I'd be disappointed. Typically sequels suck if the first one was really funny.
But I'll take your word for it here and see it anyway.

I was worried also, but yea, it was awesome. I think there were more big time hilarious moments in this one than the first. Theatre was full of laughing.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'd imagine the Life of Pie is pretty short. It either gets eaten or it gets moldy.

Or if it's a lucky Hostess Fruit Pie, it gets thrown at supervillains to defeat them.

Life of Pie?
I would totally watch that.

Life of Pi was pretty good too.

wha_choo_lookn_at_foo__by_sugarfixstudio-d4arjxg.jpg

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
maleficent. 6.5 / 10 . godzilla 7 / 10 (needed more zilla) the airport fight scene was cut short and when the woman hid in the shelter and they were just starting to fight.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Chef is pretty cool - hilarious scene with Favreau and Downey Jr. and Johansson's always hot, (speaking of which so is the chick from Modern family - spacing on her name). 7.5-8 / 10

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Last one in the theater was 300: Rise of an Empire. 5/10, very disappointed after the original 300. The original, while highly stylized, actually stuck to the basic narrative of the Battle of Thermopylae. The sequel flat out butchered the historical narrative for the naval battle at Salamis (which occurred a few weeks later) and did a terrible job of their portrayal of Themistocles, the Greek who led the Greeks to victory there.

The one saving grace in the movie is the performance of Eva Green, which was very good ... plus you got her topless, which made it even better. (y)

But overall, a movie that very much failed to live up to its potential.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
The Edge of Tomorrow
8.5/10
Groundhog Day meets a Tom Cruise alien war movie with some humorous parts sprinkled in.
My kind of movie (y)

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Last one in the theater was 300: Rise of an Empire. 5/10, very disappointed after the original 300. The original, while highly stylized, actually stuck to the basic narrative of the Battle of Thermopylae. The sequel flat out butchered the historical narrative for the naval battle at Salamis (which occurred a few weeks later) and did a terrible job of their portrayal of Themistocles, the Greek who led the Greeks to victory there.

The one saving grace in the movie is the performance of Eva Green, which was very good ... plus you got her topless, which made it even better. (y)

But overall, a movie that very much failed to live up to its potential.

Agree 100% on the part about historical inaccuracies. I looked forward to this film for a long time, because (call me a loser) the Battle of Artemisium is one of my favourite historical conflicts, mainly due to the many interesting people on both sides. So naturally I was very disappointed with the adaptation in the film, in particular, as you mentioned, the depiction of Themistocles, and the totally made up back story for Artemisia herself...

Edit: Also, Eva Green. I approve.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Agree 100% on the part about historical inaccuracies. I looked forward to this film for a long time, because (call me a loser) the Battle of Artemisium is one of my favourite historical conflicts, mainly due to the many interesting people on both sides. So naturally I was very disappointed with the adaptation in the film, in particular, as you mentioned, the depiction of Themistocles, and the totally made up back story for Artemisia herself...

Edit: Also, Eva Green. I approve.

Nah, doesn't make you a loser at all, either that or I'm the same kind! Salamis is one of my favorites battles, and I lovers reading about the subterfuge and cunning Thermistocles used to force the battle to be fought in waters more favorable to the Greeks. The movie showed none of that, much to my great dismay. And I can't imagine why either, because a moment like that seems almost tailor-made for the movies.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Nah, doesn't make you a loser at all, either that or I'm the same kind! Salamis is one of my favorites battles, and I lovers reading about the subterfuge and cunning Thermistocles used to force the battle to be fought in waters more favorable to the Greeks. The movie showed none of that, much to my great dismay. And I can't imagine why either, because a moment like that seems almost tailor-made for the movies.
You would have thought so, they(Hollywood) usually love it when the 'good guy' uses a bit of intelligence to outwit the opponent. So yeah, it's a real shame they decided to go with the 'Themistocles is too much of a badass for strategy' route...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Its a little off topic but with all the talk of the 300 sequel(which I havent seen yet), it made me remember something from when the first one came out.

Me and my best friend had got massively hammered the night before and both of us were hungover as fuck. We spent most of the day in misery trying to recuperate. So as the day went on we started discussing what to do to pass the time till that night(we were going to get hammered again because were idiots and its what we so), and we remembered 300 was out so decided to go see it.

Now i don't understand how or why or w/e, but after we got out of the theatre and were driving back to his place we both realized something, we were both hangover free and felt great. Now I kid you not, somehow that movie(which i love and think is badass and have watched at least 10 times), cured us of our hangovers. 100% honest truth. Went into the movie feeling like shit, left it feeling million bucks.

Now maybe out bodies finally got through getting the toxins or something, but I don't think so. It was a bad hangover, and you don't go from shitty to great in 2 hours. If your recovering good and slightly still hungover, yea, it can happen. But not when your still shitty hungover.

300 cured us of our hangovers, which makes the movie even more awesome for me.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the woman wanted to see how to train your dragon 2 . so we did. i'd give it 7.5 out of 10. to me the 3D seems to help make the movie more realistic, but there were only 1 or 2 "3D" spots in the movie that actually needed it. so, save yourself a couple of bucks if you want. we went to the last showing and the 3D version was the only one playing.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The Edge of Tomorrow
8.5/10
Groundhog Day meets a Tom Cruise alien war movie with some humorous parts sprinkled in.
My kind of movie (y)
I thought of it as Saving Private Ryan (again and again) meets Groundhog Day.

8.0/10 The duct tape scene was perfect.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
the woman wanted to see how to train your dragon 2 . so we did. i'd give it 7.5 out of 10. to me the 3D seems to help make the movie more realistic, but there were only 1 or 2 "3D" spots in the movie that actually needed it. so, save yourself a couple of bucks if you want. we went to the last showing and the 3D version was the only one playing.

Going to see it tonight, in 2d. Hope I like it. I liked the first one.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I really don't understand why they keep coming out with these 3d movies and then don't do anything to make the 3d worth it. Heck, you go to Disney and even Honey I Shrunk the Kids takes advantage of 3d effects. You'd think they would do more to make an adventure out of it. Have you ducking spears and such.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yeah - I really don't understand why they keep coming out with these 3d movies and then don't do anything to make the 3d worth it. Heck, you go to Disney and even Honey I Shrunk the Kids takes advantage of 3d effects. You'd think they would do more to make an adventure out of it. Have you ducking spears and such.
Agree, they always seem to have 3d for movies that need it the least.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The Edge of Tomorrow
8.5/10
My kind of movie (y)

That's exactly what I said when I left the theater. For me, this is a MUST see on the big screen. I saw it in 3D and it was very cool.

I thought of it as Saving Private Ryan (again and again) meets Groundhog Day.

8.0/10 The duct tape scene was perfect.

I laughed my ass off at that scene. There were a lot of funny scenes.

I loved the expression on the General's face as Tom was explaining his reluctance.

And the broken leg scene.

Chicky was hot too:
Emily%2BBlunt%2B56.jpg

Emily Blunt is now on my radar.