LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That's disappointing. I was hoping 300 pt 2 would be really good.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That's disappointing. I was hoping 300 pt 2 would be really good.

Compared to the 1st its complete garbage. Was hoping it'd be really good as well. Even if you never saw the 1st it'd be a bad movie. I recommend not watching it to be honest. All it did was make me want to watch the 1st again to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Compared to the 1st its complete garbage. Was hoping it'd be really good as well. Even if you never saw the 1st it'd be a bad movie. I recommend not watching it to be honest. All it did was make me want to watch the 1st again to get the bad taste out of my mouth.
Damn. And the trailer looked so promising. Oh well.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I dug through this thread looking for someone else who saw this movie. I agree, excellent film, very heavy philosophically. Spike Jonze is rapidly becoming my favorite filmmaker. If you liked Her, go back and watch Being John Malkovich... fukin weird man, in the best possible way. Adaptation was also good.

Hit the nail on the head. Yep. I'm also a fan of Being John Malkovich.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Transformers: Age of Extinction

6.5/10

Pros:
-I like Mark Wahlberg and thought his charcter was pretty good. His fight while going down the side of a building was awesome.
-the Transformer fights were good as usual.
-it was long, little over 2 1/2 hours(i like long movies)
-Kelsey Grammar was a good bad guy. Stanley Tucci was like Steve Jobs except with some bigger and badder goals.
-the transformer dinosaurs were awesome

Cons:
-The daughter. Although hot, was annoying IMO.
-The "new" transformers. With how they can break down and move, dont really understand how they could really be destroyed easily at times.
-Plot holes. Lots of stuff happens in this movie and they coulda had more stuff happen, even if small. They talk anout certain things and showncertain things but just glimpses. Some probably for setting up the next movie, some to just make the movie work but nothing more.
-My biggest problem with the movie, which annoyed me through the whole damn thing was the CGI. I dont know why they decided to change the looks of the transformers, but they look different than the first 3 movies(and not in a good way) and to make matters worse, they look like cartoonish syfy channel level cgi crap. In the first 3 they have some realism(as best as possible) to them and good definition, in this one they look like complete fake crap most of the time. Other cgi parts were crap as well. There faces and when they talk looked fake, stupid and crappy. Also the cgi for the new transformium bullcrap looked like crap as well. Annoyed me throughout the whole movie. My wife didnt notice it but I did right away. Maybe im wrong and eyes are getting worse but it put a downer on it the entire movie for me.

If not for the crappy CGI, probably would give it a 7.5/10

Saw that yesterday. I knew walking in it wasn't gonna be a good movie, meaning you just gotta except these types of movies for what they are. Mindless fun. And it was.

But my biggest problem was there was no real story. That whole scene when on the spaceship I was like...wait why the hell are they on that spaceship? Going back to remember why during the movie is not a good thing.

The 1st 3 movies weren't Oscar worthy, either but damnit they had some story.

1st movie: The Decepticons come to Earth to look for a powerful cube and unleash Megatron who will use it to create an army to destroy Earth. Autobots like "oh no you dit'it"

2nd movie: Decepticons locate a shard from the abovementioned destroyed cube; Megatron wants it it to reactivate a fallen ancient Decepticon, who'll eat the sun and destroy Earth. OK, dumb. Autobots like "oh no you dit'it."

3rd movie: Decepticons are getting desperate, using humans to do their dirty work; while Sentinel Prime betrays the Autobots, working with the Cons to bring back Cybertron and enslaving humans.

I'd give it a 5.5/10. It was still fun...and honestly Transformers riding Dinobots was a geek moment. But a very broken story ruined it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Agree the story was kinda meh. First 3 def had better story lines. Hopefully they correct that in the next one.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Wife ordered They Came Together with Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd last night. Worst move I've ever seen. I put it up there with Napoleon Dynamite and the 2006 Miami Vice in my Trifecta of Terrible Films.

If you don't know, it's supposed to be a spoof of romantic comedies. In order to spoof them, they made a romantic comedy that does every stereotypical thing that RomComs are known for and every once in a while says "See? This is what they all do!"

I'm fairly sure their design document went:

"Basis - Romantic comedies are predictable and not funny. So let's make a predictable and not funny romantic comedy and call it a 'spoof.' Yeah, that'll do it."

Writers need to distinguish between "parody" and "reference." This is the latter, and it's just. Not. Funny.

I award this move no points and may God have mercy on its soul.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Wife ordered They Came Together with Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd last night. Worst move I've ever seen. I put it up there with Napoleon Dynamite and the 2006 Miami Vice in my Trifecta of Terrible Films.

I had to watch Napoleon Dynamite three times before I got it. How can you not love a character who claims he can throw a football over the mountains? :)

2znv9tz.jpg

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I had to watch Napoleon Dynamite three times before I got it. How can you not love a character who claims he can throw a football over the mountains? :)

2znv9tz.jpg
That remains the only movie I've ever started watching on purpose - as in not my wife's or any other significant other's choice - and refused to watch all of it. Awful. Man. Just... couldn't deal with it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That remains the only movie I've ever started watching on purpose - as in not my wife's or any other significant other's choice - and refused to watch all of it. Awful. Man. Just... couldn't deal with it.
pc5eyqdMi.jpeg

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
enemy of the state 8 / 10 pretty decent movie. higher rating due to realistic theme.
world war z 6 / 10 average movie, plot holes, silliness. tavon austin fast zombies though.
odd thomas 6 / 10 excellent book that seemed very disjointed as a movie. special effects monsters were cool.
bbq dinner 9 / 10 excellent rub used from dickeys bbq (restaurant) and the pork ribs were nice and juicy ! i usually cookem a bit long but not today!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
^ I liked WWZ. I think it got a bad rap due to all the novel elitists ripping it. Lol @ Tavon Austin zombies.

Planet Terror(2007)
7/10
A lot of fun Robert Rodriguez style.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes(1972) unrated version(2008)
9/10

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Ender's Game: 5/10

Never read the book, so I couldn't tell you how closely it was followed. Despite nice visuals, the plot was too slow for me and nothing really grabbed my attention until the last half-hour of the flick. I'd give that part an 8/10, but it wasn't enough to improve my overall appraisal.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
'Nick of Time' with Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken. A lame 4/10. Walken's character is just an evil bastard with no shades of humor or humanity, while Depp's character is a poor, dumb slob caught up in the middle of a conspiracy. At least there was no car chase.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Ender's Game: 5/10

Never read the book, so I couldn't tell you how closely it was followed. Despite nice visuals, the plot was too slow for me and nothing really grabbed my attention until the last half-hour of the flick. I'd give that part an 8/10, but it wasn't enough to improve my overall appraisal.
Read the book, you'll thank me. The psychological and anthropological study of young brilliant kids being forced to compete and backstab for every scrap of success is gripping.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Finally got around to watching The Lego Movie. Hilarious, original. Everything is awesome! :banana:

9/10

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Battle for the Planet of the Apes(1973)
7/10

Going to see "Dawn" on Friday baby!