Rams Signing TE Colby Parkinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Dude is a pancake blocker and giant EZ target and this is a great signing. No more red zone crap, jump ball FTW.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
News: Parkinson signed with the Rams.

Squawk fans:

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

News: Dissly to the Chargers.

Squawk fans:

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

WestCoastRam

Legend
Nate Tice and Robert Mayes highlighted Colby in their FA preview, said good inline TE who can block and can do some catching, only 25 and may be just entering his prime when TE's take so long to develop and we may have not see the best from him at.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Serious investments in the run game today. Parkinson is a very good run blocker which we are missing with Higbee out and he catches enough balls to keep teams honest. I sense a pattern, protect Matt and establish the run. I like both signings

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Parkinson contract makes that Higbee extension look even dumber.
Because we knew when Higs was extended, which keep in mind was to create cap space last year, we knew he would get hurt and we'd sign Parkinson? Ok then

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Why won't Allen get snaps now?

Because of Parkinson. You don't pay a tight end over fifteen million in guaranteed money to be a mere blocking tight end. He's going to be the starter. Will he be better than Allen? Maybe. I don't know if Allen gets more than backup snaps when you're literally paying someone to do his job for him.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Because we knew when Higs was extended, which keep in mind was to create cap space last year, we knew he would get hurt and we'd sign Parkinson? Ok then
It's the timing. Was no need for it at the time.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The more I read about this signing, the more excited I get about it.

But like the Jonah Jackson deal, although I really like the player, and I don't even think the money is unfair, I question if we could have spent the money better elsewhere. Better deals seem(ed) to be out there, and still no help for a defence that really needed it.

Do we go almost all defence in the draft this year?

I like the direction the roster is taking. Puka. Jackson. Parkinson. Doctson. It's become a big, physical group.

Too much money at the TE position now. Wonder what this means for Higbee.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The more I read about this signing, the more excited I get about it.

But like the Jonah Jackson deal, although I really like the player, and I don't even think the money is unfair, I question if we could have spent the money better elsewhere. Better deals seem(ed) to be out there, and still no help for a defence that really needed it.

Do we go almost all defence in the draft this year?

I like the direction the roster is taking. Puka. Jackson. Parkinson. Doctson. It's become a big, physical group.

Too much money at the TE position now. Wonder what this means for Higbee.

Yea currently our day one and two picks would go toward defense. And ironically that's what everyone has been mocking....so there may be something to that (defense being better players for our pick slots