Rams Signing TE Colby Parkinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because of Parkinson. You don't pay a tight end over fifteen million in guaranteed money to be a mere blocking tight end. He's going to be the starter. Will he be better than Allen? Maybe. I don't know if Allen gets more than backup snaps when you're literally paying someone to do his job for him.
He and Allen will be 1 and 2 while Higbee recovers, funny though weren't you advocating we would cut Higs anyways? So by your own arguments in the past we needed a TE and if we're paying Allen, Long and Parkinson that's like $7 million for 3 TE total. I really wish people would stop writing off players for absolutely no reason. Higs is hurt, this signing gives us 2 TE's that can block and catch and Hunter Long. This was a needed addition. We may not like the amount he's paid but this looks like a good signing. And he's not just a blocking TE.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Frankly, I didn't realize why it was to create cap space mid season. Makes sense now.

Thanks Oldschool!
All good Ramily brother! We're all here to see W's in the end. It's just not in my make up to doom over stuff anymore especially before the league year has even begun :)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He and Allen will be 1 and 2 while Higbee recovers, funny though weren't you advocating we would cut Higs anyways? So by your own arguments in the past we needed a TE and if we're paying Allen, Long and Parkinson that's like $7 million for 3 TE total. I really wish people would stop writing off players for absolutely no reason. Higs is hurt, this signing gives us 2 TE's that can block and catch and Hunter Long. This was a needed addition. We may not like the amount he's paid but this looks like a good signing. And he's not just a blocking TE.

I was advocating cutting Higbee because of his injuries - I believe you and others pointed out that it doesn't save money, so I stopped. Yeah, it's a need, and yes, I trust McSnead. I just want to see what Allen could do as a potential #1 tight end.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was advocating cutting Higbee because of his injuries - I believe you and others pointed out that it doesn't save money, so I stopped. Yeah, it's a need, and yes, I trust McSnead. I just want to see what Allen could do as a potential #1 tight end.
Who says he won't get plenty of opportunities to play? I just don't get how this signing signals the end of Allen contributing at all. We could easily see both guys getting 30-40 snaps a game based on 65 offensive plays with a handful of 2 TE sets. McVay going big on the OL signals a possibility of more 2 TE sets to really go heavy. And with these 2 at TE both are capable pass catchers.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Who says he won't get plenty of opportunities to play? I just don't get how this signing signals the end of Allen contributing at all. We could easily see both guys getting 30-40 snaps a game based on 65 offensive plays with a handful of 2 TE sets. McVay going big on the OL signals a possibility of more 2 TE sets to really go heavy. And with these 2 at TE both are capable pass catchers.

McVay likes his eleven personnel, and for good reason: it works because of the receivers we have. I just think that signing Parkinson to this long contract signals that they're not going to play Allen as a starter, especially if they play almost entirely 11, like they've done for most of McVay's tenure.

I'm not fully criticizing it; if it works out and Parkinson becomes our own Mark Andrews, I'll be a very happy gal, but I just want to see what Davis Allen could do.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
McVay likes his eleven personnel, and for good reason: it works because of the receivers we have. I just think that signing Parkinson to this long contract signals that they're not going to play Allen as a starter, especially if they play almost entirely 11, like they've done for most of McVay's tenure.

I'm not fully criticizing it; if it works out and Parkinson becomes our own Mark Andrews, I'll be a very happy gal, but I just want to see what Davis Allen could do.
They played 2 TEs with Everett & Higbee. I see that type of offense, which also focused more on the run then the Rams have the last 3 yrs.

Ram65

Legend

Seahawks tight end Colby Parkinson feeling great at new weight​

USATSI_16911719.jpg

image1.jpeg

Liz Mathews
August 8, 2022 1:27 pm PT

Like the Seattle Seahawks, tight end Colby Parkinson has undergone some changes over the last year. Parkinson, who entered college at just 230 pounds, has added some bulk to his 6-foot-7 frame.

Changing his diet and workout regimen, Parkinson is now weighing in at just over 260 pounds.
“Yeah, I feel a lot more confident this year, a lot stronger,” Parkinson said during his press conference on Sunday. “I’m confident in my steps, in the run game footwork–wise. The extra strength has definitely helped as well.”
The tight end told reporters there wasn’t a specific diet plan he used, but rather, he found a way to consume between 3000-5000 calories per day.

“Eating a lot,” Parkinson continued. “In the offseason, I worked out with some of my buddies from Stanford and actually did a lot of O-line lifts. So, I got a little bulkier and I feel great at this weight and feel like I’m moving well.”
Parkinson and the rest of the Seahawks return to practice on Tuesday to ready themselves to face the Steelers in their first preseason game of the summer.

Ram65

Legend
He seems like a player that has grown into his position entering his prime with much tread remaining on the tires. He had some injuries early in his pro career. Local kid so the Rams probably got some good info about him. He played basketball in high school which helps with positioning. Going to Stanford you would expect him to pick up the complicated McVay offense.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They played 2 TEs with Everett & Higbee. I see that type of offense, which also focused more on the run then the Rams have the last 3 yrs.

Even if we do plan to stick to 11, if one of Kupp or Puka goes down, it's ideal to have the option to go 2 TEs

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
So the more I think about it, I'm really liking this.

I think McVay has a type...a type of TE he's always wanted.... Tall WR/TE hybrid who you can make into a real legit TE who can block and be like a tall WR threat downfield. With Higs in the fold we haven't spent too much capital trying to get that guy but I'd say Brycen Hopkins..Gerald Everrett.. Jacob Harris.... Kendall Blanton.... and now Davis Allen...all kind of fit that "type" for McVay. I think the upside of Parkinson is that he's actually made some plays in the NFL to give McVay the confidence that he can be that type of guy....

the fact that he was the Seahawks 3rd TE deserves some context as well. Fant was going to be the guy...they were paying him and he was the primary return for Russ, so he was going to get the snaps. Drissly was a better compliment to Fant as being more of a blocker, so that left Parkinson to be a more developmental guy...

but honestly... He and Davis Allen make for a nice tandem with Higs out.... also I'd assume we may take a flyer on a 7th round TE, or find a solid UDFA like we did with Blanton.... oh yeah, and we still have Long in the fold..

like someone mentioned, if we're paying 7 mill a year for 3 Tight ends you can't be mad at that

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Like everyone else I had to go look up who but seeing those clips make me feel better.

Damn 6'7. The dude is huge.
This is what they have alwaystried to have when they would bring in the physical freak projects that never matetialize. Now they got one who can make them unstopable in the red zone

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
This signing seems to be a very McVay ish signing. He must like what he sees and the potential. That’s good enough for me.

TexasRam

Legend
A bit of a projection here by Mcvay it seems.

But its not exactly breaking the Bank.

Coming out he was not a good blocker but with that added Beef and attitude, he looks like he has made it a point of development.

Could be a nice mismatch type to move around, in the slot, out wide in the backfield etc.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
WalterFootball has given this trade their dreaded Millen grade, which is to say that they think it’s a terrible contract.

This is actually a good thing, as the last time they awarded us a Millen was when we drafted Kobie Turner. That didn’t turn out too bad.

Memento

Name
Jemma
WalterFootball has given this trade their dreaded Millen grade, which is to say that they think it’s a terrible contract.

This is actually a good thing, as the last time they awarded us a Millen was when we drafted Kobie Turner. That didn’t turn out too bad.

He gave Robert Woods a Millen grade. Shows what WalterFuckballs knows.