Rams Signing TE Colby Parkinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Big guy, solid blocker and receiver it sounds like.

At first blush seems like possibly an overpay, but for a role like this (probably TE2 once Higbee comes back), better to focus on the guarantees....$5 million per year is pretty damn cheap these days
Yeah that isn't bad at all cost wise for a starter at TE. Just surprised but also sad cuz it means Higbee's knee is way worse than we thought.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Folks over at Seahawks.net seem pretty bummed about him going to Rams. Seems like many saw him as a guy with upside.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah that isn't bad at all cost wise for a starter at TE. Just surprised but also sad cuz it means Higbee's knee is way worse than we thought.
Not necessarily. He just had his surgery so the timeline was always going to be missing start of season.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Not necessarily. He just had his surgery so the timeline was always going to be missing start of season.
It isn't just that, most athletes take a year after these knee surgeries to look right unless they are freaks of nature. Higbee is essentially not being counted on at all if you ask me.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It isn't just that, most athletes take a year after these knee surgeries to look right unless they are freaks of nature. Higbee is essentially not being counted on at all if you ask me.

Love Higbee, but even before that knee injury he always seemed to get banged up (and played through it), so probably smart to have a legit TE2 either way.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I mean Higgs shredded both his ACL and MCL on that hit, in the last game of the season. Hard to imagine him coming back until mid-to-late year at best. Plus will he ever be the same?

With Davis Allen as TE2 we should be fine this year assuming Parkinson is all our FO thinks he can be.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Clearly, the Rams have some first hand knowledge here, as he’s coming from Seattle.

Big dude: 6’7, 251.

Clearly a move motivated by Higbee’s injury.
Draft class behind Bowers isn't great, Allen is only in his second year with limited PT last season and Hunter Long is...what, exactly?

Makes at least some sense to me...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
6’7 - hoping this helps our red zone offense.

This is another thing....we lost in the playoffs because of our red zone offense. And our first two moves are an elite run blocking guard and a giant TE, both coming into their prime

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Like it. Higs may be done and I feel like even if he isn’t done, it’s time to move on and go in a different direction at TE.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Is he a running blocking TE? I guess our plan is to run it down their fucking throats.

What's next, sign a big back like Derrick Henry and run the ball 30-40 times a game?

Well, we did try to trade for Henry at the trade deadline last season…

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like it a lot. Not sure about writing Higs off but it do be like that sometimes.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Stafford loves throwing to big weapons, especially at TE. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him have a great year this yr. Been looking at some highlights and he def can be a weapon for us.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd like to see him (6'7") and Allen (6'6") on the field at the same time in redzone situations.