Rams Signing TE Colby Parkinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Well, I have to give Snead the benefit of the doubt. He has done well in FA.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Here’s a name you probably didn’t expect to see getting headlines ahead of free agency. According to Jeremy Fowler at ESPN, Seahawks tight end Colby Parkinson is among the players who are about to hit the market who are getting some buzz.

“Colby Parkinson: Sure, he played behind Noah Fant in Seattle, but he has field-stretching ability. The free agent and draft tight end classes aren’t deep, so keep an eye on Parkinson.”

Parkinson has some legitimate ability as a receiver and he’s a respectable-enough blocker, but for any third-string tight end to be getting attention as a pending free agent says alot about the lack of depth of the upcoming tight end class in the 2024 NFL draft, as well as the free agent class.

The Seahawks may want to keep Parkinson in the fold if for no other reason than they’re going to be a couple guys short. As Fowler mentioned, Noah Fant is also about to become a free agent and if this report is any indication then he’s about to get a big pay-day. It also makes sense for Seattle to cut Will Dissly for cap savings, which would leave them with only practice squad tight end Tyler Mabry if Parkinson winds up leaving, as well.

For what it’s worth, Spotrac is projecting Parkinson’s market value at $6.6 million per year.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Apparently he’s a tight end 3 for the Seahawks? Seahawks fans are kind of scratching their heads at this

I can only imagine they see something in him

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Clearly, the Rams have some first hand knowledge here, as he’s coming from Seattle.

Big dude: 6’7, 251.

Clearly a move motivated by Higbee’s injury.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I had to look him up, too.

IMG_7879.png

I assume he’s good at blocking, knowing what we want from our TEs.

Psycho_X

Legend
Interesting, didn't have that on my radar either. Guess Hunter Long has not endeared himself to anyone so far.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I guess the Rams RB Coach Ron Gould talked him up.

They probably were at Stanford together.

Hope he developed into a good blocker.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big guy, solid blocker and receiver it sounds like.

At first blush seems like possibly an overpay, but for a role like this (probably TE2 once Higbee comes back), better to focus on the guarantees....$5 million per year is pretty damn cheap these days

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Big guy, don't know much about him other then he was 3rd string in a bad TE room (production wise) last year. Seems like a lot of money though.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Is he a run blocking TE? I guess our plan is to run it down their fucking throats.

What's next, sign a big back like Derrick Henry and run the ball 30-40 times a game?

Last edited: