Rams select Pharoh Cooper WR with #117 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
@jrry32 at the NFL level where do you see Cooper spending most of his time? 70/30 slot/outside? Is he exclusively a slot WR? Does he have an NFL comp? Steve Smith?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I will say he needs to hold that ball a lot closer to his chest. I could just see a lot of fumbles because of how loosely and away from his body he carries when he's running.
He's an excellent pick though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zByZ5Od.jpg

That's Cooper squatting 585 lbs., btw.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 at the NFL level where do you see Cooper spending most of his time? 70/30 slot/outside? Is he exclusively a slot WR? Does he have an NFL comp? Steve Smith?

Yea, he'll likely be pretty much an exclusive slot guy. He'll also likely need time to polish his route running (South Carolina's positional coaches weren't good at coaching the finer points). But he's a player. He'll make an impact.

My NFL comparison for him would be Patrick Crayton or Davone Bess (before Bess caught the dropsies).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good comparison. He's got Percy Harvin strength too, IMO.

Yep. Very strong guy. Great work ethic. Comes from a family of Marines.

Another guy he reminds me of is Jerricho Cotchery.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I think with the strength and physical mentality, this guy is an Anquan Boldin in the making. Not the fastest or biggest cat on the team, but he's the son of a Marine family (I believe) and is all about putting in the work.

Solid pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think with the strength and physical mentality, this guy is an Anquan Boldin in the making. Not the fastest or biggest cat on the team, but he's the son of a Marine family (I believe) and is all about putting in the work.

Solid pick.

I don't want to compare him to Anquan Boldin because Anquan is so rare and gets compared to a lot of guys who are built like him and speed deficient. Yet, we haven't really had another Anquan. Don't want to get people's expectations too high.

But I do think Cooper will be a productive slot guy for us once he gets NFL routes downs. He's every cliche you hear about slot guys. Blue collar, tough SOB, lunch pail, deceptive speed (gets up to speed very quickly), and no quit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Watched Cooper throughout his SC career. He's a stud. Small (5'11" 205) and didn't test well but uber competitive, makes plays all day, and is a tough SOB. Wins in traffic. Not afraid to take a huge hit to catch the ball. Plays fast. Very good YAC skills. Strong guy. He's a playmaker. Here's a stat for all of you, Cooper had 973 yards in 2015. South Carolina's #2 WR had around 160 yards.(Jerell Adams, their TE, was the second leading receive with around 400-450 yards)

Cooper actually would have had 1050 yards and a 80 yard game winning TD in the final minute against The Citadel but one of SC's young WRs didn't get set before the ball was snapped.

Cooper is a playmaker.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGhY7h3WGWM

Looks like a baller with soft hands that likes to get up field. I lke it. Hopefully having too many short guys catching the ball won't be an issue.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll tell you this much, the Rams identified a weakness and are attacking it. What do Higbee and Cooper both offer? Outstanding HANDS. Looks like the Rams are tired of the drops.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Watched Cooper throughout his SC career. He's a stud. Small (5'11" 205) and didn't test well but uber competitive, makes plays all day, and is a tough SOB. Wins in traffic. Not afraid to take a huge hit to catch the ball. Plays fast. Very good YAC skills. Strong guy. He's a playmaker. Here's a stat for all of you, Cooper had 973 yards in 2015. South Carolina's #2 WR had around 160 yards.(Jerell Adams, their TE, was the second leading receive with around 400-450 yards)

Cooper actually would have had 1050 yards and a 80 yard game winning TD in the final minute against The Citadel but one of SC's young WRs didn't get set before the ball was snapped.

Cooper is a playmaker.

We got him, plus a draft pick, you fucking kidding me, throw in Higbee, and Les Snead is some kind of otherworldly being. Had a feeling about Cooper, think he will be great. I am super, super pumped, and have already forgotten the draft picks. Cooper was my guy, my top choice today. I will remember if these guys don't pan, but I think they both will.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When he had a mediocre QB he had 1100 yards and 9 td, last years QB carousel was a joke.
If he repeats his junior year stats we don't get a whiff

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Blue collar, tough SOB, lunch pail, deceptive speed (gets up to speed very quickly), and no quit.
Seems like a good description from what little I've seen.

If he is even close to an AB type, I will be stoked.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

Cooper is a playmaker.

He also is/has short arms and catching radius, right? Just sayin. :whistle: