Rams future QB situation?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Nothing against Austin Davis but personally I would not feel real comfortable if he is the Rams starting QB next season. I do realize all QB's have bad games now and then but I just don't think Davis is the long-term solution. I do appreciate the job he has done the past several weeks (and I hope remains a Ram as a backup) but I do hope the Rams find a better solution (Draft, Trade, Free Agency, A Healthy Sam Bradford, etc) during the offseason

If he had an arm, he'd be the answer. That's all he lacks.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd take whoever has the better arm between Winston and Mariota and we restructure Bradford to start. Then we draft two straight OL'man

LooNaTik83

None of thee above...Whats the point? The QB isn't thee primary issue in this fiasco of this team losing games.

Hey guys lets put Austin Davis on the Defensive! Real logical eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have little doubt that the Rams will spend their top pick in the draft on a QB. Even with that, I would cut and attempt to re-sign Bradford to a 2 year deal at a much reduced rate. As much as i'd like to hang on to Davis, I imagine some team will offer more than the Rams will be prepared to pay. jmo.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have little doubt that the Rams will spend their top pick in the draft on a QB. Even with that, I would cut and attempt to re-sign Bradford to a 2 year deal at a much reduced rate. As much as i'd like to hang on to Davis, I imagine some team will offer more than the Rams will be prepared to pay. jmo.
And if I'm Davis I. Would seriously think about which team gives me the best chance to succeed. The Rams don't look like that team with their line and a defense that makes you play catch up.

LooNaTik83

And if I'm Davis I. Would seriously think about which team gives me the best chance to succeed. The Rams don't look like that team with their line and a defense that makes you play catch up.

Nail on the head...What chances does the Rams organization have the rookies to succeed?. We must succeed before we advance. Crawl before you can walk. Same concept. Wow.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
sorry disagree this is NOT a vent. you need to understand that definition better. ppl need to stop feeling butt hurt cus someone posts something after a loss.

obama-blank-stare.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on man? You serious how can you put your trust in a college trouble maker to move this team forward within the first snap of the game? We need EXPERIENCE! Newbies/Rookies/Novice/Beginners whatever the hell you want to call them shouldn't get respect unless they can prove it in the NFL....

I would like to add. Austin Davis was never on the radar for misbehavior conduct, and has waited his turn. He deserves this season. Regardless. He has scored us points and won us games. Simple as that.

I can put my trust in him to develop into a great QB. We may need experience but the hard truth is that there isn't any experience out there worth pursuing. Which means either sticking with Bradford or Davis. I don't trust either. I want a QB that can be great.

Davis will get his season but he made the same mistakes today that he made against SF. He has issues adjusting to defenses.

I want to win.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Davis is a RFA. We can tender him at a 2nd rounder level for less than $3 million.

LooNaTik83

I can put my trust in him to develop into a great QB.

I want to put my emphasis on 'develop'. Develop. Like a fetus one must develop into a human being therefore becoming. Austin Davis is developing as we type. So whats the difference?

Athos

Legend
Winston. Mariota. None of them are Luck. Neither will look good with a porous line. Winston doesn't move like Luck, nor does he have the pure football acumen imo. And Mariota sure as shit isn't built like Luck. Luck is one of the few who can help overcome a piss poor run game and O-Line.

Draft O-line like a junkie on crack.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to put my emphasis on 'develop'. Develop. Like a fetus one must develop into a human being therefore becoming. Austin Davis is developing as we type. So whats the difference?

Austin Davis isn't developing. He went completely backwards. The guy doesn't seem to be capable of adjusting during the games. What he did against Seattle is what he should have done today. KC took away the deep ball. Get the ball out of your hands quickly and hit your WRs, TEs, and HBs underneath to give them a chance for YAC. Instead, he opted to just throw it deep blindly. If they're covering well man to man, break contain and scramble for yardage. Some of the blame lies on Schotty for a bad game-plan but Davis didn't execute at all today.

I'm not going to wait on Davis to possibly develop. He'll have this season but based on what I've seen thus far, he's a great backup but not a franchise QB. Jameis Winston is a potential franchise QB...and I use potential lightly because I think he will be one.

LooNaTik83

Backwards since when? 6 weeks? He just started? He is developing. This isn't a first rounder, but its what we got that is scoring points. And your willing to bet your life on someone out of college to bring the Rams to this winning streak?...Say it isn't so?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Winston. Mariota. None of them are Luck. Neither will look good with a porous line. Winston doesn't move like Luck, nor does he have the pure football acumen imo. And Mariota sure as crap isn't built like Luck. Luck is one of the few who can help overcome a pee pee poor run game and O-Line.

Draft O-line like a junkie on crack.

That's where you're wrong. Winston moves extremely well and has a ridiculously high football acumen. In fact, don't take it from me...take it from a QB Coach that worked with both:
QB guru George Whitfield believes FSU redshirt sophomore Jameis Winston's football IQ is in the same tier as Andrew Luck.

Whitfield has worked with both passers, so obviously he would not say anything negative about Winston outside of critiquing one of his plays. Winston has more success inside the pocket in terms of eye level and working through progressions than any other passer in college football. We think this statement actually has merit. We focus on judging a player by things we see on the field, and for how often Winston is called a "moron" or "dumb," he is certainly not one when playing the game.

In fact, watch the Notre Dame game. Winston struggled in the first half as he got relentlessly pounded by Notre Dame's Front 7. He came out in the 2nd half and was as dominant as I've seen in college. Notre Dame didn't change up anything they were doing. They were coming after him with blitz after blitz. His OL wasn't picking it up well. You know why Winston absolutely dominated them? HE ADJUSTED. He completely changed the way he was attacking Notre Dame and looked utterly unstoppable.

Winston has an extremely high football IQ, he has a strong arm, he is mobile, he's big, he's strong, he is a leader on the field, he is comfortable in the pocket, he throws players open, he anticipates routes, and he understands how to read a defense and go through progressions.

If the media hadn't torn the guy apart the way they did, he'd be getting hype through the roof right now. He isn't a perfect QB prospect but they don't exist. However, his combination of tools(both mental and physical) are off the charts.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Umm... I don't think that helps any QB. Lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Backwards since when? 6 weeks? He just started? He is developing. This isn't a first rounder, but its what we got that is scoring points. And your willing to bet your life on someone out of college to bring the Rams to this winning streak?...Say it isn't so?

Backward since last week. He did the same shit today that he did against San Francisco.

He didn't score points today.

I'm not betting my "life", lets not be melodramatic. But yes, I will bet on Jameis Winston to turn this team's fortunes around.

LooNaTik83

Backward since last week. He did the same crap today that he did against San Francisco.

He didn't score points today.

I'm not betting my "life", lets not be melodramatic. But yes, I will bet on Jameis Winston to turn this team's fortunes around.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate." <---Cool Hand Luke

So your willing to put your reputation on the line on ROD. For a trouble maker Jameis Winston? To move the Rams forward?

I love debates...

Last edited by a moderator:

LooNaTik83

If...Is a long shot itself. Putting faith in someone whom you cannot judge, because they have not possessed or surpassed thee experience in thee NFL is foolish.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate." <---Cool Hand Luke

So your willing to put your reputation on the line on ROD. For a trouble maker Jameis Winston? To move the Rams forward?

I love debates...

Yes.

Winston is going to be a star. His combination of mental and physical tools is rare.