Rams future QB situation?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
Like it or not, unless Davis gets hurt or plays bad enough to get benched he's our QB this season. I like him and say let him play. I think Sam comes back next year and starts at the same pay and we draft a QB.

V3

Hall of Fame
ok, sure but you draft another QB and get him killed?

how many injured quarterbacks before you take care of the offensive line?

and at this point the last thing you want is another rookie .

a pick on a QB is a total waste at this point
If the Rams are in the position to take a franchise QB, take it. Also, elite QB's will make bad O-lines look much better than they are. Perfect examples: Manning and Luck.

If you're worried about getting the rookie QB killed, then sit him a year or until you fix the O-line. It really shouldn't be that hard to find a decent OG and C- at least not as hard as it is to find a top QB.

Athos

Legend
Didn't really see what Davis could do with this line and the WR performance. When Quick went down, the WRs couldn't get separation at all. Then Saffold went down, and the run game couldn't do shit. Then everything fell apart.

We've spent loads on shitty, overpaid lineman that can't stay healthy. Barks is the only one who has. Gotta get him signed.

I'd spend the entire draft on lineman and linebackers. The two biggest weaknesses on this team.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Imo we dropped the ball on this year's draft when we didn't grab a qb early in the draft to develop. Fisher put all his eggs in the Bradford basket and he dropped it....

SyncMaster

UDFA
I don't see how anyone can put the blame on AD... He had one bad pick early on and after that decided to get beat up instead of throwing any more.

I saw more dropped passes than open WR's who were not getting the ball, and I only remember 2 drops.

LooNaTik83

Drafting a first round QB is not practical at this moment in time. I don't want a QB pick which will end up being a huge BUST, and may send us back to square one allover again. I'm sticking to Davis. Like Aaron Rodgers he was behind Favre, and had to wait for his turn to shine. Look the way I see it we have options. We play Austin Davis the rest of this season and see how he fairs off. Maybe Bradford will be good to go next season, but we can always use Austin Davis and have Bradford as the backup, maybe he needs the time to heal. Austin Davis seems that he can take hits so I am not worried about him getting injured I see him as being Favre-like he will play and play and get better as every game goes.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm not that sold on any of the college QB's so far. Either they're..meh..and have a clean background or they look great on the field but are potential screwups away from the field. Watched Christian Hackenberg last night and he isn't any more impressive than Austin Davis. I would rather use the first 3 rounds of the draft plus some free agents to once and for all solidify the O-line.
Winston can play....the off field stuff I'll leave to the FO & detectives, maybe he checks out & Fish can clean up his act...the way Tavon looks, I'd trade him for a 5th asap.. the Winston kid can really play, that's what you need in this league, a solid plan if Sam Bradford can't go in 2015...I'd add one more big time wr (DGB, yeah I'm a risk taker, but can see talent)....then trade up and take 3 offensive linemen in rounds 3-4-5....I really like that MLB at Miss. State too, but ya can't have everything....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
a solid plan if Sam Bradford can't go in 2015

I would be extremely disturbed if Bradford is back in the Rams lineup next season for any price. For all of Austin Davis' faults it's refreshing to no longer have to be on pins and needles thinking that our starting QB might not make it through the game intact. My hope is that Bradford retires and ends up either on someone's coaching staff or in the broadcast booth. That way he'll still be a part of the NFL and can still walk when he's 60.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Prime Time ...too funny...Looks like Sammy wants to play...you see how he looks on the sideline....I want Sam to start next year, no way a Rookie gets this Schotty offense in one offseason...If he does, we should start him just on that alone....you don't need much of an ACL to walk...Getting up outta chairs and beds may be a lil difficult...(y);)

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Dude
Not the fault of Austin Davis
Freakin ' Roman Gabriel would have been crushed with that oline

Exactly.

To all those saying we need a QB with our first pick, would you like to see another Sam Bradford situation? You can't win with just a QB, you need a team around him. Yeah we're closer to that than when Bradford came in, but we still need to get wayyy better on the o-line.

Really the only people That are solid there are Barksdale and Robinson, and I'm not sold yet on saying Robinson is solid, he should be fine though. Everyone else is old, injury prone, or both. Let's hope Jones can be a solid center or guard. We're gonna need as much help as possible there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@Prime Time ...too funny...Looks like Sammy wants to play...you see how he looks on the sideline....I want Sam to start next year, no way a Rookie gets this Schotty offense in one offseason...If he does, we should start him just on that alone....you don't need much of an ACL to walk...Getting up outta chairs and beds may be a lil difficult...(y);)

We'll have to agree to disagree on this @LACHAMP46. I'm guessing that based on Les Snead's latest comments about how the Rams need "stability" at the QB position, that what you want to see in Bradford's case might not happen. But then again stranger things have happened over the years with this team.

Honestly if Jake Long is still at LT blocking for Sam Bradford when the 2015 season begins, I may have to consider going back to drinking....

smaou8.jpg

or some other way to soothe my jangled nerves...

30rv255.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Austin Davis will make a great backup. Draft Jameis Winston.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
You're killing me with this bold reactionary threads every game day. Take a moment to breath, not every thought that pops in your head needs to be its own new thread. Use the game day thread/chat/vent thread
sorry disagree this is NOT a vent. you need to understand that definition better. ppl need to stop feeling butt hurt cus someone posts something after a loss.

Rams0307

I don't see how anyone can put the blame on AD... He had one bad pick early on and after that decided to get beat up instead of throwing any more.

I saw more dropped passes than open WR's who were not getting the ball, and I only remember 2 drops.

He also lost 15 yards for no reason when he had about 8 seconds to throw the ball away if he wanted to. That probably cost us 3 pts. And he missed two opportunities to run the ball, one for a possible 1st down. He was indecisive for much of the day. The line didn't look bad until we lost three to injury. Before that, he had plenty of time. There's some revisionism going on because the line looked really bad in the 2nd half. The 1st half was a different story.

LooNaTik83

Austin Davis will make a great backup. Draft Jameis Winston.

Come on man? You serious how can you put your trust in a college trouble maker to move this team forward within the first snap of the game? We need EXPERIENCE! Newbies/Rookies/Novice/Beginners whatever the hell you want to call them shouldn't get respect unless they can prove it in the NFL....

I would like to add. Austin Davis was never on the radar for misbehavior conduct, and has waited his turn. He deserves this season. Regardless. He has scored us points and won us games. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

rams2050

Starter
I don't see how anyone can blame this on AD. His O-line was porous AND fragile, he had to deal with RB by committee, and what the freaking freak was the game plan, anyway? The first drive was textbook, and then all the air came rushing out of, I guess, Schotty. Can the loss of ONE WR -- Quick -- hurt that badly? And, if so, we are in more trouble than any of us can possibly imagine.

Even when he had the original O-line in place the Chefs were getting around them and sacking Davis from behind, for gosh sakes.

No one knows how to use Tavon. Have we ever even TRIED to run a jet sweep with the guy?? If so, I don't remember it (of course I don't get to see many games, either; I have to listen on the radio, which sort of sucks).

Anyway, if Davis hasn't been creamed beyond recognition -- and is now scared of hearing footsteps -- then I still think he can get the job done. . . IF HE HAS JUST A MODICUM OF HELP from the O-line, the receivers, and Schotty (who seemed to be missing in action more than usual today).

lockdnram21

Legend
Didn't really see what Davis could do with this line and the WR performance. When Quick went down, the WRs couldn't get separation at all. Then Saffold went down, and the run game couldn't do crap. Then everything fell apart.

We've spent loads on crappy, overpaid lineman that can't stay healthy. Barks is the only one who has. Gotta get him signed.

I'd spend the entire draft on lineman and linebackers. The two biggest weaknesses on this team.
Barks had his worst day. He didnt look good at all

V3

Hall of Fame

This part I find hilarious. I've heard it's pretty complex but after seeing it on the field for 3 years now, I have no idea why it's so complex. I'm pretty sure opposing DC's have it figured out after the first two or three drives.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Davis is great when his line isn't trash. Fix the offensive line, fix his issues. We've got a solid nucleus of weapons around him, we just need to fix the offensive line. We can go a different route, but until we fix the offensive line, nothing else matters and every QB we stick back there will suck.

lockdnram21

Legend
Come on man? You serious how can you put your trust in a college trouble maker to move this team forward within the first snap of the game? We need EXPERIENCE! Newbies/Rookies/Novice/Beginners whatever the hell you want to call them shouldn't get respect unless they can prove it in the NFL....

I would like to add. Austin Davis was never on the radar for misbehavior conduct, and has waited his turn. He deserves this season. Regardless. He has scored us points and won us games. Simple as that.
winston or Mariota.