Rams finalizing trade for mark barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
The Rams actually coveted this guy when he came out in 2012, and were thinking of taking him at 6. Were hoping to trade back to 14 to get him, but he was taken at 7... then we took Brockers. So Fish / Snead have liked him since he came out. I look for Gregg Williams to use him in a similar way that he used Roman Harper in NO.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

Yea, it's kind of like when you have your fantasy football draft... in the later rounds, all you hear is "Great pick..." "Good pick..." That's all you hear out of Mayock!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
My personal opinion is that Barron will play SS role for us and McDonald a hybrid LB/S role. I think they want to phase Dunbar out of the game-plan due to his coverage deficiencies but don't want to sacrifice our ability to stop the run. Think we'll see more 2 LB/3 S looks.
I actually like that idea. kid is a beast coming up to the line making tackles. maybe have him put on a few pounds. play him as a joker all over the field. might as well try cus nothing else Williams does is working.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Presumably he's going to change his name to McBarron now

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mark Barron is ranked 3rd among safeties for pbs with 17 he has 3 this season. im starting to like this trade

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
One thing to think about is that he's pretty good against running QBs.

I remember in his rookie season (RG3s amazing year) he basically shut RG3 down in the ground game. Picked him up, body slammed him, stopped him cold quite a few times, Bucs finished only giving up 30-40 yards to RG3 on runs that day which was fantastic at the time, and a lot of that was Barron.

I don't know exact numbers but he's played well against mobile QBs for his career from what I remember. That's very very important in the division we are in.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

Thanks for the info man. Much appreciated.

69superbowl

Rookie
Sure, why not? Good trade if he sticks for a couple years or so. Mixing up the roster couldn't hurt. If you do what you did you'll get what you got. Change is good when nothing else works. I've seen enough Ram football this year to know the pattern and it leads to a 10+ loss season.

Bring in the lumber and smack around some of those whiner crybaby receivers.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
A FS who's great at stopping the run but not so good in coverage? Hmmmm
What's a little bit annoying though is that we seem to be going with a youngster again, for the love of god we do not need any more youngsters, Vets is what we need to shape this team
Yeah I get it...just passing along some info.

jjab360

Legend
You're likely not going to find a safety with Barron's talent level in the 4th round so I don't see why anybody would be against this trade. Not quite a steal, but a good, solid trade.

Philly5

Rookie
Keep it simple. We brought in a potential good player for a 4 and a 6. Not like he is joining the 85 Bears and we have studs everywhere. Lovie's Tampa 2 was a bad fit. He might do really well here. We liked him in 2012 for a reason.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
He's also durable and hasn't missed games. That's something this team needs as well.