Rams finalizing trade for mark barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram007

Starter
Rams did the trade since they felt weak secondary is bringing down DL effectiveness. Almost out of necessity. There is no way to sugar coat this. But I would not call it desperation move. Losing two picks sucks

BD-TomCat

Rookie
I'm guessing they feel that Mcdonald can move over to free. Love the deal and player think he can cover Te's better then Mcdonald

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Wonder how Bucs fans feel about it. Always a decent way to guage what kind of player we're getting.

http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/24504-traded-mark-barron/

Traded: Mark Barron

Word is we get a 4th and a 6th round pick.... not good value in my eyes, he goes to the Rams
---------
Oh, looks like we also gave Jonathan to Casillas to New England for a box of candy. Their Tampa gravy train just keeps ridin'
--------
Dominik would have gotten a 2nd. Yeah, I ****ing said it.
---------
http://www.bucschat.com/topic/37638-barron-to-rams/

Barron to rams

It's fuckin' confirmed damn it!
--------
What the hell do we do wiht first round picks? trade em for shit, most likely.
---------
that sux. . . even tho he has not played up to expectations - I always held out hope the light would come on for him.
--------
Sadly I don't foresee much of a drop off happening...
--------
the Rams OC and a 4th rounder along with 1/2 a bag of big League chew
--------
Barron was a big disappointment. I thought he was a good pick. I thought wrong.
-------
Well thats the Dandy spirit, turning 1st rounders into mid or late round picks.
--------
Barron has been a disappointment, but I do believe he doesn't fit this scheme, Barron needs to be around the box making plays. Kind of sad to see him go.
--------
Who told you Barron didn't play in the box a lot on the T2?

A Martin trade would make some sense, but not this one. Licht has made some absolutely terrible decisions as the new GM. This is one of them. Yes, it's true that Major Wright is underrated and McDougald shows promise, but Barron is a special talent and you don't hand those away for 2nd day picks.

It's getting to the point where nothing surprises me any more.
---------
Apparently our secondary didn't suck enough so lets get rid of the only guy that could hit.

Fucking Brilliant

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't hate the trade, a 4th and 6th round doesn't really mean much to me, if he improves the defense then he replaces the 4th, and a 6th is meh to me, most 6th round picks don't make lasting impacts. He hasn't lived up to expectations in Tampa though, so we'll likely need to develop him, so that's where I'm kind of worried, but Fisher was a DB, and a DB coordinator, so I trust he'll be able to help. I remember liking him out of college.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
What I wanna know is why did the Bucs trade him?

Doesn't fit Lovie's Tampa 2. Lovie making a point he's going to be in charge for more than 1 year so might as well get players to fit his system in the long run - he had a bit of value given his perceived ceiling - and he hasn't lived up to being 7th overall pick. Like a lot of ex-Bama guys he seemed to be maxed out by the time he was already drafted. From what I can gather he's not been awful - just not being dominant as they expected.

jjab360

Legend
I'm shocked, tbh.

Barron is a beast though or at least he was at Alabama.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Hopefully not bad. I'm no fan of RL, so I hope this works out. What does this mean for Alexander?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I dont think its a terrible trade, but it may have been a case of the Rams feeling that they really needed to get a starting quality safety and Barron was the best available by trade.

Have the Rams announced anything about McLeods injury, and a timetable of when he might be ready to return to the field.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Wonder how Bucs fans feel about it. Always a decent way to guage what kind of player we're getting.
I havent seen much of Barron since his draft. I mean lets be honest; who chooses to sit and watch the Bucs... ;)

Im sure the Buc fans hate all there players lol.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I see a mix of emotions from them at this point after browsing forums.

Most seem to think that he hasn't performed up to his draft status, and that he didn't fit in the Tampa-2 scheme. A couple feel that he needs to be around the box making plays. This points to @jrry32 saying we might be seeing less of Dunbar.

And that is probably a good thing.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Hoping it turns out to be one of those trades where a highly touted disappointing player turns it around with change of scenery.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
At first I thought it was Alex Barron so that's a relief...

I don't like this trade. Our season is over and we have Alexander waiting on the bench. Throw him into the fire! Worste case scenario is he costs us games but that doesn't matter at this point. Higher draft picks actually help us more. Whatever...

We came out flat vs KC and this doesn't cure that.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I havent seen much of Barron since his draft. I mean lets be honest; who chooses to sit and watch the Bucs... ;)
About the same amount that watch Rams. :snicker:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/24504-traded-mark-barron/

Traded: Mark Barron

Word is we get a 4th and a 6th round pick.... not good value in my eyes, he goes to the Rams
---------
Oh, looks like we also gave Jonathan to Casillas to New England for a box of candy. Their Tampa gravy train just keeps ridin'
--------
Dominik would have gotten a 2nd. Yeah, I ****ing said it.
---------
http://www.bucschat.com/topic/37638-barron-to-rams/

Barron to rams

It's freakin' confirmed damn it!
--------
What the hell do we do wiht first round picks? trade em for crap, most likely.
---------
that sux. . . even tho he has not played up to expectations - I always held out hope the light would come on for him.
--------
Sadly I don't foresee much of a drop off happening...
--------
the Rams OC and a 4th rounder along with 1/2 a bag of big League chew
--------
Barron was a big disappointment. I thought he was a good pick. I thought wrong.
-------
Well thats the Dandy spirit, turning 1st rounders into mid or late round picks.
--------
Barron has been a disappointment, but I do believe he doesn't fit this scheme, Barron needs to be around the box making plays. Kind of sad to see him go.
--------
Who told you Barron didn't play in the box a lot on the T2?

A Martin trade would make some sense, but not this one. Licht has made some absolutely terrible decisions as the new GM. This is one of them. Yes, it's true that Major Wright is underrated and McDougald shows promise, but Barron is a special talent and you don't hand those away for 2nd day picks.

It's getting to the point where nothing surprises me any more.
---------
Apparently our secondary didn't suck enough so lets get rid of the only guy that could hit.

freaking Brilliant

One comment said "he needs a scheme where he can be around the box." Well, he'll leave the box with GW in charge so we do have that going for us.

Still not really liking it, though.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Barron better straighten up his act coming here. He wasn't happy with the Bucs position at the bottom or their coaching staff. He was also unhappy he was traded to another team "not contending for anything". I am starting to feel less confident in this trade already.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I love this trade. 4th round pick sounds about right. Im not going to lose sleep over a 6th as that player probably plays less games than Barron. Going into next year now, DB is really not an area we have to focus on, we can work on improving the Oline, LB and QB.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It could also be that our plan is to put TJ, Mo, and Barron out at the same time on triple safety blitzes. We may not win many games, but we're going to kill the other team in the process of losing.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Meh, not a bad trade, but surely a FS would have even better?
I mean we have 3 SS's now? Unless Barron is going to be used as a hybrid SS/LB, he's really good at covering tight ends apparently (cough cough JL and Ogletree)