Rams finalizing trade for mark barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I liked the guy coming out - but a 4th rounder AND a 6th? Seems a little steep to me. Has he really lived up to expectations in Tampa? That said, he is still young and is an upgrade on McLeod, Alexander/Bryant - and with a 4th and 6th rounder you never really know what you're getting - sure you can get a diamond in the rough but you're more likely to just get rough picking that late in the draft....

So in summary - yeah! Im all for this trade!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Wonder how Bucs fans feel about it. Always a decent way to guage what kind of player we're getting.
I havent seen much of Barron since his draft. I mean lets be honest; who chooses to sit and watch the Bucs... ;)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wonder how Bucs fans feel about it. Always a decent way to guage what kind of player we're getting. I havent seen much of Barron since his draft. I mean lets be honest, who chooses to sit and watch thw Bucs... ;)

Well, I trust Marshall Faulk's opinion on Barron. He's forgotten more about football than I could ever hope to learn.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Weird I don't remember him, considering he was the 7th overall pick in 2012. I don't think that's a good sign.

A55VA6

Legend
I like the trade. He's a good player, just hasn't lived up to his 1st round status. Wonder if the Rams plan on replacing McLeod with him in the starting lineup in the next couple weeks.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Interesting. Barron has all the potential in the world but hasn't grown much from his rookie season. It'll be interesting to see how they plan on utilizing him.

This certainly doesn't seem like a move that would be approved if we're cleaning house with the coaching staff.

Memento

Name
Jemma

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Wonder how Bucs fans feel about it. Always a decent way to guage what kind of player we're getting.
I havent seen much of Barron since his draft. I mean lets be honest; who chooses to sit and watch the Bucs... ;)

I see a mix of emotions from them at this point after browsing forums.

Most seem to think that he hasn't performed up to his draft status, and that he didn't fit in the Tampa-2 scheme. A couple feel that he needs to be around the box making plays. This points to @jrry32 saying we might be seeing less of Dunbar.

Memento

Name
Jemma
And before you all call me out on my post in the thread I linked to you guys, I admit that I was completely wrong, and I want to issue a full apology to Marshall for what I said about him. :(

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Weird I don't remember him, considering he was the 7th overall pick in 2012. I don't think that's a good sign.
If he didn't play on the Bucs, he'd probably be a bigger name. Great in run support and hits hard, very hard. So-so in coverage.

Philly5

Rookie
Even if he eventually replaces McDonald I like it. Guy like that was a bad fit in Tampa 2. Get him coming downhill in a Williams scheme could be fun. 4 and 6 are kind of blah if he works out at all.