Rams finalizing trade for mark barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Meh, not a bad trade, but surely a FS would have even better?
I mean we have 3 SS's now? Unless Barron is going to be used as a hybrid SS/LB, he's really good at covering tight ends apparently (cough cough JL and Ogletree)
I saw that by a large majority Barron's snap are greatly at FS.

I think you see McDonald and Barron on the field together.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I saw that by a large majority Barron's snap are greatly at FS.

I think you see McDonald and Barron on the field together.
A FS who's great at stopping the run but not so good in coverage? Hmmmm
What's a little bit annoying though is that we seem to be going with a youngster again, for the love of god we do not need any more youngsters, Vets is what we need to shape this team

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3rd year player, with 37 starts. Seems to be a vet, if not grizzled.

I would have rather had another position, but you have to see what's actually available for trade.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A FS who's great at stopping the run but not so good in coverage? Hmmmm
What's a little bit annoying though is that we seem to be going with a youngster again, for the love of god we do not need any more youngsters, Vets is what we need to shape this team

Gerd..Dang...Whippersnappers!

V3

Hall of Fame
They might think Mcdonald or Barron has enough range to play fs. They always say positions are interchangeable
I know what Fisher always says but I'm not a fan of it because it's much harder to find two S's that can play BOTH the run and pass. It's much easier to find a guy that excels at run D and find another guy that excels at pass D. I don't ever see McD being that great at pass coverage. I love him in run D but he just looks too stiff for that much pass D.

Athos

Legend
Barron is a beast...but it's hard to figure when LB is our worst position seemingly.

But we aren't exactly premiere at safety either you know. Barron is incredibly talented. He's a tackle machine and brings some massive boom. He is better in coverage than TJ. 19 PDs to 6.

I just hope GW has a plan for him and knows what he's doing. We did need both experience and talent at S. I hope this works. Because we have a lot of holes now, especially on the O-Line.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like we're sticking with the "we'll let you catch it, but we're gonna punish you for it when you do"

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
How things change, when drafted this was said

“"Boy, is this a solid pick. I love this kid because his floor and ceiling are the same thing. His ceiling is to be a Pro Bowl safety; his floor is to be a Pro Bowl safety. That's how good this young man is. This is going to be a good football team next year."
-Mike Mayock, former NFL safety and current NFL Network analyst”

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
*warning nsfw language*

I know nothing about this guy but that video makes him look like a penalty waiting to happen on every play. He leads with his helmet a lot by the look of things.

I also saw the Barron surname and felt a chill go down my spine.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
stats coming out

ates: 03/07/12
Height: 6010
Weight: 213
40 Yrd Dash: 4.54
20 Yrd Dash: 2.65
10 Yrd Dash: 1.63225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

V3

Hall of Fame
Barron better straighten up his act coming here. He wasn't happy with the Bucs position at the bottom or their coaching staff. He was also unhappy he was traded to another team "not contending for anything". I am starting to feel less confident in this trade already.
Is there a source for that quote? That's not encouraging, if true.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
Mcdonald can move to dunbars spot since he is already used to playing in the box and will provide better pass coverage then dunbar.

Athos

Legend
Looks like we're sticking with the "we'll let you catch it, but we're gonna punish you for it when you do"

Barron can certainly clean some clocks good. Maybe we luck into some defensive scores with fumbles. I think any skill player would be scared if he had TJ and Barron both coming hard at him with a head of steam.

V3

Hall of Fame
I love this trade. 4th round pick sounds about right. Im not going to lose sleep over a 6th as that player probably plays less games than Barron. Going into next year now, DB is really not an area we have to focus on, we can work on improving the Oline, LB and QB.
I still don't think our CB's are good enough(TJohnson excluded). Not for today's pass happy NFL.