OFFICIAL NFL injuries 2021/22 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but the game is safer because no more horse collar, low block, helmet to helmet, taunting etc. Get with the program.
And dont forget the new rules against taunting.
We cant have the players "feelings" getting hurt

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
A lot of injuries this season to a lot of players on a lot of teams. Part of the game, I guess, but odd how certain teams just get a rash of them. Not sure if it's the turf, medical teams/trainers, or just rotten luck. This has been a rough year for us, especially on offense. We've lost, what , 4-5 RBs this year (Akers was a bigger loss than some realize) and how many receivers now (Mundt, Woods, Tutu, Harris)? A bunch of lost starters for multiple games for sure, sadly, in Akers, Woods, SJD, Hollins. A really big chunk of this year's draft class is on IR as well.

Hate to see a potential SB run - always hard - made much harder by injuries to key players.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I wonder if someone like Ernie Adams or some analytics company has done a deep dive into this.

Using factors like rating the rehab teams, field conditions both as a whole and per game, scheme effect on certain players' chance of being injured... say, WCO for receivers or zone blocking for OL, etc...

I wonder if they could get to answers like "using a zone blocking scheme against a 4-3 front with super sized DTs on this type of turf in this weather gives a 17% greater chance for a knee related injury".

That kind of information would be BEYOND valuable. I'm thinking I may use one of those learning services like Brilliant to study up on statistics, analytics and the coding required to dabble in this, but for THIS problem... that requires both substantial computing power and experienced folks in analytics.

Especially in football, the greatest ability is availability. To be able to hack that would lead to an almost insurmountable advantage...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
They are lucky. I thought he could be done, the way he was carried off.

Thing is with big backs as well as linemen and linebackers, those strains can be very deceptive and a strain can lead to a much worse injury if not properly healed... and tendons get MUCH less blood and all the things that speed up healing than muscle tissue which is why it's tendon/ligament injuries that are the most prevalent.

I think CTE and spinal injuries are the worst with an honorable mention to the heat stroke deaths that were rare but did happen in the bad old days when coaches would scream at you "only winners get water"... maybe one of the dumbest phrases ever shouted at a creature that's literally 70+% water.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yeah, the cold in GB only has the potential to worsen that injury, so if they're not careful, he'll sustain an injury to that MCL or adjoining ACLs that cost him a year of rehab and put a big part of next season in jeopardy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

all this means is the beast that is aj dillon will be unleashed on opposing defenses. he looks like the type of runner that will benefit from a full workload and wear down the d.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Aaron Jones torched us in the playoffs last year. He's a great back. But Dillon is probably an even worse matchup for the Rams. Very physical runner. We'd be better off facing the Packers with Aaron Jones healthy, IMO, as crazy as that sounds.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It won't matter unless we address both the schematic and execution issues in stopping the smash mouth run teams.

That will apply to any team that can "go big" and just pound the rock, irrespective of who the QB is.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Damn this season has been crazy as far as injuries are concerned. It's a war of attrition out there.

Tano

Legend

And this was probably the biggest reason why I did not want to give up two firsts for him

I was extremely worried that his back was going to flare up.

I have seen back injuries flare up all the time and you never know when it is going to happen.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Los Angeles Rams

......With Henderson is very much Questionable to play Sunday & Howell is now gone to IR that leaves only Sony Michel as the only RB on the MR53.

Guess we will be introduced to PS RB Mekhi Sargent all 5-8 of him. Rough year for Ram RB's health.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Los Angeles Rams

......With Henderson is very much Questionable to play Sunday & Howell is now gone to IR that leaves only Sony Michel as the only RB on the MR53.

Guess we will be introduced to PS RB Mekhi Sargent all 5-8 of him. Rough year for Ram RB's health.

Fuck sakes.
The Office I Give Up GIF

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Los Angeles Rams

Or Javier Hawkins.