MMQB - Oopsed when I merged. This is Den's Dysfunction thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And when the Cowboys tried to sneak by with an oft injured Romo, it bit them. So what did they do? They went out and drafted a QB they could groom
Come on man. They drafted a QB in the 4th round. A QB that Jerruh said they made a mistake on by not going after Paxton. You can't define luck any better.

I think Fish thought they could win with their back-ups. That's not my point. He would have said it whether he believed it or not. You can't listen to a HC and expect that he is going to tell you the truth. He's going to say what he feels the fans and his players want to hear him say. Sometimes it happens to coincide with the truth. Often it has nothing to do with it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
“I’m so busy here, I was honestly unaware he was extended. I’m being honest with you, we’re just working here,” Fisher said. “I look at this as being my responsibility, the win-loss record. We need to do a better job from a personnel standpoint. We’ve had some unfortunate things take place with some high picks in Stedman Bailey and Tre Mason and those kinds of things you don’t anticipate.

The fact that this article is using this blurb to twist this into a negative is stupid.

How in the hell does 2 unforeseen circumstances equal "toxicity" between GM and coach?

Fucking. Stupid.

FRO

Legend
Come on man. They drafted a QB in the 4th round. A QB that Jerruh said they made a mistake on by not going after Paxton. You can't define luck any better.

I think Fish thought they could win with their back-ups. That's not my point. He would have said it whether he believed it or not. You can't listen to a HC and expect that he is going to tell you the truth. He's going to say what he feels the fans and his players want to hear him say. Sometimes it happens to coincide with the truth. Often it has nothing to do with it.
I'm not sure Jerry is calling the shots. I believe his son is now, hence the revival. Could be wrong though.

What the Cowboys did do was invest in their line through the draft with high picks spread over multiple years. The hired coaches that could develop those linemen. Now they can start a young QB and have him succeed because the line is dominating. Not to take anything from Dak, but I believe a ton of QBs would be putting forth similar type numbers with that team. It's easy to point at the QB position as a failure under Fisher. To me the reason this rebuild has failed is due to the offensive line. That being said I put more stock into a QBs support than others.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not sure Jerry is calling the shots. I believe his son is now, hence the revival. Could be wrong though.

What the Cowboys did do was invest in their line through the draft with high picks spread over multiple years. The hired coaches that could develop those linemen. Now they can start a young QB and have him succeed because the line is dominating. Not to take anything from Dak, but I believe a ton of QBs would be putting forth similar type numbers with that team. It's easy to point at the QB position as a failure under Fisher. To me the reason this rebuild has failed is due to the offensive line. That being said I put more stock into a QBs support than others.
Well you KNOW I'd like to disagree with you but....:D This is exactly why I thought this year we would be a team to reckon with. I really thought our O-line would take a big step forward - certainly not back. We were going to have a great D-line with a decent back 7, a future franchise QB, a star running back, and a young and beefed up O-line. We were going to fuck some teams up.

And then....... Where the hell did that rug go?

Keep in mind. I'm by no means giving Fish a pass. But why the F does it always seem to be so hard for the Rams?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think you're understanding my point, it has nothing to do with coach speak. He needed to have a viable back up, it was imperative he did so. But he went the route of the journeyman back up, likely because it worked for a minute with Kerry Collins. That's the issue as I see it, not that he said those things, that he truly believed it.
And whether Dallas got lucky or not, they made it work. Funny how other teams have gotten so lucky with their QB while Fisher consistently got unlucky with his.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Funny how other teams have gotten so lucky with their QB while Fisher consistently got unlucky with his.
You know I had to go to this well...

Screen-Shot-2016-03-25-at-10.43.23-PM.png

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Because that's rational.
He is a cancer.
Call it what you want.the further off he is from this organization the better this team will be.
Take you're best shot, cause I'm loaded.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He is a cancer.
Call it what you want.the further off he is from this organization the better this team will be.
Take you're best shot, cause I'm loaded.
Take my best shot?

lol.

Take your best hike.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And whether Dallas got lucky or not, they made it work. Funny how other teams have gotten so lucky with their QB while Fisher consistently got unlucky with his.
I think what FRO said on this is most accurate. Having a 4th stringer play like Dak has, is not a result of doing something special to secure your QB position. It just isn't. So whether Fisher was unlucky, didn't address the position properly, hasn't had his O-line get to where it should be, whatever, Dallas didn't decide to correct their QB situation by taking Dak.

For the umpteenth time (the exact number) I am not defending Fisher. Thinking that replacing the coach is THE answer is not the same as defending him.

I don't buy a lot of what the media is pumping. That is defending the organization - not Fisher, Snead, KD, whoever. I am a Rams fan and until someone else is coaching them, Fisher is my coach. Period.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I've posted this before but I'll say it again. All Fisher does is throw others under the bus. Nothing is ever *his* fault. Sometimes he might even have a fair point, but I'm sick of his constant blaming of others. It's a really ugly look in a head coach. Get rid of him.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Which ever QB that Fisher decide to put on his team either through trade or draft. He had many options, and with a "run first team" a game manager could have won some games.

Goff would disagree with you he said, he was ready along time ago, but it wasn't his decision when to play.
Enlighten us with these many QB options who were available, I'm calling BS

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've posted this before but I'll say it again. All Fisher does is throw others under the bus. Nothing is ever *his* fault. Sometimes he might even have a fair point, but I'm sick of his constant blaming of others. It's a really ugly look in a head coach. Get rid of him.
He has been saying for the last two weeks the win loss record falls on his shoulders.

"It’s my responsibility," Fisher said of making things right. "Ultimately it's my responsibility. The win-loss record falls on my shoulders."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think what FRO said on this is most accurate. Having a 4th stringer play like Dak has, is not a result of doing something special to secure your QB position. It just isn't. So whether Fisher was unlucky, didn't address the position properly, hasn't had his O-line get to where it should be, whatever, Dallas didn't decide to correct their QB situation by taking Dak.
Tony Romo played with the same offensive line, had Demarco Murray and he only won more than 8 games 1 time in the last 4-5 years. There is something special about Prescott, he's not just a product of the best o-line in football.
But yes, Dallas was looking for a QB in this draft. They had eyes on Wentz, many thought it was a good landing spot for Paxton Lynch. No, Dallas didn't just get lucky, they were going to draft a QB and ended up with a bulls eye.
In any event, this whole conversation stems from the idea that QB play, and poor play at that, is what kept the Rams from winning games. And the QB play on the team has had a significant drop off in the last couple years, (Since Shotty left) due to a combo of inexperienced OC and below average journeyman QB.
That responsibility does fall on Fisher's shoulders

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tony Romo played with the same offensive line, had Demarco Murray and he only won more than 8 games 1 time in the last 4-5 years. There is something special about Prescott, he's not just a product of the best o-line in football.
But yes, Dallas was looking for a QB in this draft. They had eyes on Wentz, many thought it was a good landing spot for Paxton Lynch. No, Dallas didn't just get lucky, they were going to draft a QB and ended up with a bulls eye.
In any event, this whole conversation stems from the idea that QB play, and poor play at that, is what kept the Rams from winning games. And the QB play on the team has had a significant drop off in the last couple years, (Since Shotty left) due to a combo of inexperienced OC and below average journeyman QB.
That responsibility does fall on Fisher's shoulders
No offense Dietz. I like you as a member here. I'm just really bored with all this. I'm just not into all the finger pointing and this subject is simply not all that interesting to me. Cheers.

FRO

Legend
Well you KNOW I'd like to disagree with you but....:D This is exactly why I thought this year we would be a team to reckon with. I really thought our O-line would take a big step forward - certainly not back. We were going to have a great D-line with a decent back 7, a future franchise QB, a star running back, and a young and beefed up O-line. We were going to freak some teams up.

And then....... Where the hell did that rug go?

Keep in mind. I'm by no means giving Fish a pass. But why the F does it always seem to be so hard for the Rams?
The Warner curse. Can only win when he is on the team.

Yeah the line has been baffling. They used their whole 2015 draft class to beef it up. Normal thought is that the line would improve on their rookie seasons. By and large it got worse. Little to no progression and it sunk the team. Defense has played well all year and without a line blocking there is no way to score points and compete.

FRO

Legend
Nothing wrong with that as long as you have someone capable to coach him.
Sometimes raw can never be made into polished goods no matter who does the coaching. If a player is incapable of bettering their technique or doesn't have the mental capacity for the NFL, that's on the player not the coach. Line play has so much to do with technique, positioning, and smarts drafting a guy who has shown little to none of that in college is a risky bet. Especially someone at number 2 overall. Bou compared him to Pace. He got his guy. It hasn't worked out at all. I don't think he is Jason Smith bad, but I'm not sure he'll ever live up to his draft status.