MMQB - Oopsed when I merged. This is Den's Dysfunction thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
Enlighten us with these many QB options who were available, I'm calling BS
You got me! There were exactly zero QBs that entered the NFL in the last four years, ZERO, zilch, not one that Fisher could have traded up to get, not one that he could have traded for, oh wait, he did trade for Keenum, oh yeah, but because he didn't take them to the playoffs then he doesn't count as someone that Fisher wanted on the team.

FRO

Legend
Exactly. Pead, Givens, Richardson, Stacy, who is setting the league on fire? You could possibly say Bradford before everybody on his line got hurt, but he was showing the same things in 2013 here. Amendola, Gibson, Shelley Smith, Steven Jackson? Who?

FRO

Legend
You got me! There were exactly zero QBs that entered the NFL in the last four years, ZERO, zilch, not one that Fisher could have traded up to get, not one that he could have traded for, oh wait, he did trade for Keenum, oh yeah, but because he didn't take them to the playoffs then he doesn't count as someone that Fisher wanted on the team.
Bear in mind Foles was Fisher's guy and he extended him before he played a down. Rams missed their opprotunity in the 2014 draft to give them QB insurance. That was a rich class when it came to 2nd round QBs. That being said the guy they had been rumored to be enamored with was Manziel. Who knows if that was true or not. Fisher gets a pass for 2013 and 2014 in my book. That being said he has still had 3 full years of his guy at QB. That's enough in my book to judge the HC.

Bruce2980

Starter
Bear in mind Foles was Fisher's guy and he extended him before he played a down. Rams missed their opprotunity in the 2014 draft to give them QB insurance. That was a rich class when it came to 2nd round QBs. That being said the guy they had been rumored to be enamored with was Manziel. Who knows if that was true or not. Fisher gets a pass for 2013 and 2014 in my book. That being said he has still had 3 full years of his guy at QB. That's enough in my book to judge the HC.
HA HA, I totally forgot about Foles, the therapy and prescriptions are working:LOL:

FRO

Legend
If they were being taught to play smart than we shouldn't be so grossly undisciplined.
How do you make a person who isn't smart, smart? If you know please tell me because I've been trying for 29 years.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I guess you missed everything I said prior to that.
Probably.I'm getting a lot of responses and my head is spinning.
think I am going to crash and live to fight another day.lol

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Its not Madden you don't get to just pick whatever player you want

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
"opportunity". I guess I would be excited too if AVERAGE performance was a GOOD thing in my line of work. How many of us can just be average or even below average at work and still look forward to a paycheck every week? I get it when Fish talks about progress and building , etc.... but how much longer do we have to wait for RESULTS??

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This, I think, is the whole problem. It's been communicated by Snead since the beginning that they put a premium on highly athletic players with high ceilings that they can coach up. This is opposed to solid blue-collar type guys who have a higher floor. I can see the merits of doing it that way, because if you hit on most of them, then you have a freak roster. The problem is that you sacrifice stuff when you take that approach. They might not be as fundamentally sound, or they might not be as bright. It's unfortunate, but I think a lot of the guys they drafted are falling on the 'not so bright' end of the spectrum and their athletic gifts aren't offsetting that. Every once in a while it'll all come together for them and they'll play a good game, but it's not consistent. I don't believe, for one second, that this is a coaching problem. No coaching staff in the NFL neglects to drill fundamentals or neglects to rep stuff until it's second nature. It's in the manual. But if you do those things and the players are still freaking up, then you have to reevaluate your draft strategies.

@-X- Are you back on the boards? I thought you went fishing (no pun intended).

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
When I hear "unknown sources" and "anonymous insider"., I get skeptical. Sounds like "stirring the pot" to me. I've never heard or had any indication that Fisher and Snead have anything but a good working relationship.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Do not believe anything a Desperate man says.
giphy.gif

Psycho_X

Legend
For those of you that didn't follow the St. Louis Rams, there actually was a front office guy that called Mike Marts and threatened to slash his throat. This was not meant as a serious topic. @MountainRam

Explanation of the throat slasher comment. Suffice it to say Martz and the front office did not get along by the end. This organization has been such a disaster for 15 years.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2161515

Wednesday September 14, 2005 12:25PM

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- An executive with the St. Louis Rams will be reprimanded for leaving a threatening phone message on the voice mail of a St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist.

The Rams told the Post-Dispatch that team executive Samir Suleiman faces discipline, but declined to say what it would be. A call to the Rams on Wednesday was not returned.
"It's shocking that he would leave a message like that," Rams president John Shaw told the Post-Dispatch. "It's the type of behavior that we don't condone at any level. He will be reprimanded, and it will be handled internally."

On Aug. 28, sports columnist Bernie Miklasz wrote that he was disturbed by "infighting and politics" within the Rams organization, and said executives owe any head coach their support.

"Be it (Mike) Martz or another man, I don't care who sits in the head coach's office at Rams Park. The head coach should be backed, not back-stabbed, by associates," Miklasz wrote.

Suleiman left a message on Miklasz's voice mail, stating, in part, "tell your source that I'm not a back-stabber, I'm a (expletive) throat slasher, and he'll know the difference before it's all said and done."

Suleiman, director of football administration, has worked for the Rams for six years. He assists president of football operations Jay Zygmunt on salary cap issues and contract negotiations.

Shaw said the phone message showed "a lack of judgment. I really don't understand it, to be honest with you."

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Almost all the factors you listed fall back on Fisher though(OC, skill players, QB). He dropped the ball on all of those.

The sample size isn't small. We have 5 years of data and info to analyze and draw conclusions from.

Literally reread your post and just look at how many excuses you are making for this subpar coach. I get it you're a fan and I respect that but you are going out of your way to defend Fisher, despite being presented with overwhelming statistics and facts that contradict your argument. I find it strange lol.

I agree if excuses were drops of water fisher would be a river.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Or, as I said, they're being coached, but are inconsistent with their own performances and execution.

if they are being coached why is it that no players seem to improve except in their contract year. if they are being coached up to their potential there should not be better play during contract year and a drop off before and after