Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Great job Les and company!!! I'm really digging on our FO and think they are going to be huge assets going forward as the Rams continue their ascent into the league's elite.
I ain't a cap expert but it appears that this deal may have been sought by the Rams for the cap dollars it frees up and, oh by the way, we got a shut down corner to boot!
Geez what's not to like? (Of course being a veteran of Rams boards for years I know what's coming...lol...lol....)

~ArkyRamsFan~

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Adam Schefter was on NFL Radio about an hour as I was driving home. He said with confidence that it wasn't going to be the first.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
A elite corner on the last years of a rookie contract?

Hard not to like adding that individual to your roster. A brilliant move.

Now we need an formidable presence between Donald and Brockers and a big, young, fast, hard hitting ILB.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
They're just getting started. They flipped the offense into an elite one last year, said now it's Wade's turn to get his defense. This was a decent defense last year, not an elite one. When the smoke clears this off season, they'll have one to match the offense, and by the way, the offense will be even better.

Fun times.

Don't forget our elite special teams unit.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Good news is that Wade has the magic touch!
For real though, I don’t understand why teams or fans care if a guy is an asshole. He’s not a criminal and doesn’t do drugs. It’s fucking football. Of course they’re going to have egos. The biggest douche in nfl history was Deion Sanders. And look how he turned out.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Adam Schefter was on NFL Radio about an hour as I was driving home. He said with confidence that it wasn't going to be the first.
Could be a first round pick next year and mid round picks this year. Even so, this is a steal.

nighttrain

Legend
Could be a first round pick next year and mid round picks this year. Even so, this is a steal.
i think Adam Schefter was talking about trades when he said " He said with confidence that it wasn't going to be the first." not draft picks'
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i think Adam Schefter was talking about trades when he said " He said with confidence that it wasn't going to be the first." not draft picks'
train

Well, that's less good news.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I don't think so, doubt Schefter would misdirect like that. Still, if we did give up our 1'st round pick in 2019, i'd guess that an OT at #23 this year may have moved up the draft chart. I'll take a guess that one of those 2018 picks might even be conditional. jmo.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I don't think so, doubt Schefter would misdirect like that. Still, if we did give up our 1'st round pick in 2019, i'd guess that an OT at #23 this year may have moved up the draft chart. jmo.

BPA or Trade down.

Nose tackle, OLB, OT, and CB (plus) are certainly possibilities there.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Welcome to the Rams, MARCUS PETERS!!!
Peters is a ball hawk and an immediate upgrade to our defense. Behavior issues are a bit of a concern, but we'll got the coaches in place to deal with it. Also he's coming to us pretty cheap! 5 million a year for a guy worth 14-16 million ain't too shabby!! And so what if we give up a first for him? He's a proven player in this league and one of the best at his position. Great steal for the Rams. Also:

(2012) 1 - Michael Brockers (7-8-1)
(2013) 2 - Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree (7-9)
(2014) 2 - Greg Robinson, Aaron Donald (6-10)
(2015) 1 - Todd Gurley (7-9)
(2016) 1 - Jared Goff (4-12)
(2017) 0 - N/A (12-4)

Who needs first round draft picks anyways?

Last edited: