Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Well, I agree that getting Peters looks good, pending the compensation, OC. Real good, actually.

But I would respectfully remind you that this offseason hasn’t even reached the FA stage, much less be all over with. So, it might be a bit premature to declare that Quinn will be a Ram starter come opening day.

True words

From my perspective,Quinn improved dramatically over the 2nd half, to the point of approaching his form just a few years back, he’s what? 26-27, gotta keep him...I see it as a no brainer

HellRam

Starter
And along comes reality to our resident Quinn bashers that maybe...they were wrong

My suggestion to those poor souls is to rewatch the game in Seattle or the playoff game

This is a big time Coup getting Peters!!

Tough call on Quinn IMO. He was pretty bad against the run last year and take away the Seattle game he was a non factor most games rushing the QB. His total of 44 QB pressures last season isn't all the impressive. Especially playing behind Donald who constantly flushes the QB out of the pocket.

That said the if the rumors are true, the Rams must like his health and his play trajectory going forward. Me personally I think Quinn's cap hit could be better spent elsewhere. Hoping atleast a restructure is in the works.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wouldn't be too upset if we have up a 1 because I don' think any rookie is going to be Marcus peters.

This is probably true. But there is good chance there will be some elite CB skill there at 23. Shutdown type guy (there are 4 of them IMO) who also didn't get thrown off their college team or otherwise work their way off a playoff team in trade.

That 23 overall is probably going to prove very, very valuable for replacing CB in particular.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah if we get out of this without giving up a 1st rounder (isn't happening) then Les Snead is the greatest negotiator in the NFL.

Bkfld_Rams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shefter on NFL Radio just said the #1 this year wasn’t included, but picks this year and next were. No indication on which picks though. Good news for #23 this year!

HellRam

Starter
Shefter on NFL Radio just said the #1 this year wasn’t included, but picks this year and next were. No indication on which picks though. Good news for #23 this year!

If that's true. That would be really dope for this up and coming season.

Overall it's looking like a really good trade for the Rams.

Psycho_X

Legend

Wow. Buckle up boys, this might be the beginning of a dream offseason.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow. Schefter said the number one pick this year wasn't included? Damn, if that's true, that's a steal for us.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I'm hoping not, unless we get their 2nd or 3rd in the swap.

I would be ok with that. We weren’t going to get a first rounder that was as good as peters anyways. Plus we get him for a minimum of 2 years. I’m hoping we didn’t give up a first but I’m also being realistic about it. It could help that we were apparently the only team seriously going after him.

Psycho_X

Legend
EEK, hope this isn't true. Lots of rumors swirling now.

Edit: deleted for probable bullshit

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
EEK, hope this isn't true. Lots of rumors swirling now.

That would be a clear win for the Chiefs. Because they're probably going to get a fine CB at 23 this year from that pick alone.

Yeah hopefully that's all nonsense. I doubt the Rams give up that much for a head case even one as talented and good a player as Peters.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So our round 3 pick is good as gone lol. Question is what else after that.