Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll add one more thing. And I’m gunna go way out in left field.

• Resign Trumaine at $10 million per year for 4 years.
  • Sign Talib at $8 million for 2 years.
  • Resign NRC at $5 million for 3 years
That would leave us with Marcus Peters and Trumaine Johnson on the outside, Aquib Talib as a mentor/role player and NRC in the slot.

I realize this is probably not going to happen. But man we would be unstoppable.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to re-signing TruJo, but if we do, no thanks on Talib.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just a guess:
2018 3rd and 6th
2019 2nd and 5th

I think this year's third is likely, and yeah next year's second sounds about right.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What a day to be a Rams fan!!!

Peters, Webster, Hill and possibly NRC? WOW

If we're adding possibilities, how about Peters, Talib, NRC, Hill and Webster... with Joyner and Johnson on the back end.

That's a SICK D right there...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we're adding possibilities, how about Peters, Talib, NRC, Hill and Webster... with Joyner and Johnson on the back end.

Great minds think alike.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

More I think about it the more I don't like Peters and Talib both together in the same secondary/locker room. Add a CB from the draft and fill the CB2 slot there.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams agree to trade for Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters

1:54 PM PT
  • i

Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Rams agreed to acquire All-Pro cornerback Marcus Peters from the Kansas City Chiefs on Friday, a move that was first reported by ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Details of the trade, which won't be processed until the start of the new league year on March 14, have yet to be disclosed. But the Chiefs are expected to receive a package of draft picks, not players, in return, according to Schefter's sources.

Trumaine Johnson's tenure with the team. Peters, a two-time Pro Bowler who was named first-team All-Pro in 2016, has compiled an NFL-leading 19 interceptions since being drafted 18th overall three years ago.

The 25-year-old will cost $1.74 million toward the salary cap this season, which is nearly one-tenth of Johnson's cap hit last year. The Rams would then have until May 3 to pick up Peters' fifth-year option for 2019.

The Rams entered the offseason with a desperate need at cornerback. Johnson, who spent the past two years playing under the franchise tag, and slot corner Nickell Robey-Coleman are scheduled to be unrestricted free agents. Their No. 2 cornerback, Kayvon Webster, ruptured an Achilles tendon in December. Beyond them, there isn't much depth.

The Peters acquisition gives the Rams salary-cap flexibility, which they could use on pending free agents such as safety Lamarcus Joyner and wide receiver Sammy Watkins. It also helps them sign defensive tackle Aaron Donald to an extension that is expected to eventually make him the game's highest-paid defensive player.

Just as important, it provides a shutdown corner for defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.

Peters is the first player since Ed Reed (from 2002 to 2004) with five interceptions in each of his first three seasons, even though opposing quarterbacks have continually shied away from him. From 2015 to 2017, Peters' combination of sacks, forced fumbles and interceptions (25) easily led the NFL, according to ESPN Stats & Info.

But Peters also joins the Rams with some character concerns. He was thrown off his collegiate team at Washington for an altercation with an assistant coach. In December, he was suspended by the Chiefs for one game after tossing an official's penalty flag into the crowd and then retreating to the locker room without being ejected during a game against the New York Jets.

Peters was also seen at different times on the sideline last season shouting at defensive coordinator Bob Sutton or others. In at least one instance, he directed expletives at a group of fans behind the Chiefs' bench. The Rams are hopeful that a change of scenery can help fix that.

ESPN's Adam Teicher contributed to this report.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Adam+Schefter+on+Rams/KC+Trade+for+CB+Peters&fr=yfp-t&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
More comments from outraged Chiefs fans.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314072&page=6

Marcus Peters traded to Rams

My only guess is that it HAS to be for the Rams 1st round pick. The Browns aren't giving up #4 and the Rams could beat both the Browns and the 49ers with their 1st.
------------
Didn't a bunch of people here want him traded? Top 5 CBs being really easy to find and all...
-----------
This is an organizational failure. No two ways around it.

Reid thinks his job is to draw up retarded triple-screens on Arthur Bryant's napkins.

A HC's job is to mold talent into a cohesive whole.

Peters has the talent, and the organization failed to mold him into being a part of the franchise.
---------
Phil Connors in Groundhog Day has nothing on us Chiefs fans who've been following this team for 30+ years
----------
Rapoport says it’s a ‘package of picks’..
----------
What a stupid, shitty ****ing franchise.

I really ****ing hate being a Chiefs fan.
----------
And this franchise wonders why they can't win playoff games.
---------
Such a shame. Peters was a star right from the start. An absolute ballhawk and game-changer at one of the most important positions.

It is obvious there were major attitude problems though.
----------
The only player I'd say we 'won' if we got them from the Rams is Aaron Donald.

Leave it to the Chiefs to find the one year in 1 dozens the Rams aren't picking top five to make a blockbuster trade.
---------
I think I just shit my pants...........
---------
Peters was never going to stay here. He gets to back to his home so he and Lynch can get high together. Hes a supsension waiting to happen.
----------
Wade Phillips strikes me as the type of coach he needs, you **** up here and you'll get a shoe planted firmly in your ass.
----------
He will get in never ending trouble in LA
----------
Unprofessional jackass is what Peters is.
-----------
Unbelievable
----------
Wow

This is the kind of shit that franchises that haven't won a super bowl in 50 years do.

It's like they try to suck.
----------
They didn’t want to invest in him and I kind of get that. Depends on the picks coming back and what you do with them. He was really good in spots but he’s also a mental case which really isn’t all bad in football. I’ll wait and see. Super talented football player but I get the decision. Keep in mind none of us have to deal with his drama.
----------
Watch Wade Phillps 'manage' him into the next Neon Deion.
----------
Is this a joke? It’s not April 1st yet.
---------
He will get a ring before the Chiefs.
----------
This is how you continue to not win jack shit.
-----------
Nice Things: We can't have them

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Wow! I just logged on and look at what I've been missing! I have a question though: why would the Chiefs even want to trade a legit shut down corner like Peters? Doesn't that just create a huge hole for them?
Having said all that put me down in the "I'm all in on this proposed trade!!!"

~ArkyRamsFan~

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More I think about it the more I don't like Peters and Talib both together in the same secondary/locker room. Add a CB from the draft and fill the CB2 slot there.

I gotta disagree.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow! I just logged on and look at what I've been missing! I have a question though: why would the Chiefs even want to trade a legit shut down corner like Peters? Doesn't that just create a huge hole for them?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Because he's a head case at times Arky. Difficult in the locker room, does dumb $#!T, etc. You don't get guys like him in trade period, let alone with two years control, otherwise.

Other teams probably weren't interested due to his issues going way back and their draft profiles probably had him marked way down for them.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

~ArkyRamsFan~

He's been a problem in the locker room, kneeled for the Anthem, and asked for a trade after their playoff loss to the Titans, according to what I've read.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...9ers-also-had-interest-in-marcus-peters-deal/

49ers also had interest in Marcus Peters deal
Posted by Josh Alper on February 23, 2018

gettyimages-870620548-e1519413812930.jpg

Getty Images

If the proposed deal between the Chiefs and Rams that will lead to cornerback Marcus Peters playing in Los Angeles next season should fall apart before it can become official on March 14, the Chiefs may still be able to send Peters to the NFC West.

Terez Paylor of the Kansas City Star reports that the 49ers also expressed interest in making a deal for Peters in talks that went on over the last three weeks.

Their interest in adding a cornerback doesn’t come as much of a surprise as Dontae Johnson is set for free agency and the team is continuing to build up the talent across the roster in their second year under General Manager John Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan. They visited with Vontae Davis recently and reportedly had interest in David Amerson before he signed with the Chiefs.

Paylor adds that the Browns were not interested in talking about a Peters deal. Browns General Manager John Dorsey was the G.M. in Kansas City when Peters was drafted in the first round of the 2015 draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-commit-long-term-to-marcus-peters-obviously/

Chiefs weren’t prepared to commit long-term to Marcus Peters, obviously
Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2018

gettyimages-853255692-e1519412443777.jpg

Getty Images

For the second time this month, an effort to fulfill one of our primary objectives — to share with anyone interested in the NFL information regarding the things we hear from people we trust about topics people in the NFL are discussing — was met with cries of #fakenews! and not-so-subtle suggestions of flat-out fabrication. For the second time this month, the facts ultimately confirmed the accuracy of what we were hearing.

But even if Josh McDaniels hadn’t jilted the Colts or if the Chiefs hadn’t traded cornerback Marcus Peters, that wouldn’t have changed the fact that we were hearing those rumors from people we trust. And it should serve as a reminder to anyone who wants to doubt what we write that: (1) we’re not making it up; (2) we’ve systematically built a network of people we trust over the past 17 years; and (3) if you want to learn what we’re hearing about things that could happen (not necessarily will happen, but could) you should bookmark this page and visit it every day, multiple times throughout the day.

People throughout the NFL do; owners, coaches, General Managers, scouts, front-office, employees, players, agents, media. That’s how we built the network. People we trust share information, trusting that we won’t compromise them.

Sure, you can wait to get the head’s up from someone else five minutes before the official announcement. Or you could actually be ahead of the curve, finding out about things that could happen well before they do and/or learning about potential developments at a time when the teams or players involved don’t want anyone to know about it.

As to the Peters trade, it’s now clear that the Chiefs opted to flip Peters in lieu of exercising the fifth-year option (due on May 3) or signing him to a long-term deal. It also suggests that there were plenty of things happening well beyond the incidents that culminated in a one-game team-imposed suspension in 2017.

We haven’t heard any specifics (yet) about the specific reasons for Kansas City’s decision to cut the cord on Peters. If/when we do, we’ll share it. And someone undoubtedly will dismiss it as FAKE NEWS!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because he's a head case at times Arky. Difficult in the locker room, does dumb $#!T, etc. You don't get guys like him in trade period, let alone with two years control, otherwise.

Other teams probably weren't interested due to his issues going way back and their draft profiles probably had him marked way down for them.

Good news is that Wade has the magic touch!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good news is that Wade has the magic touch!

Yeah I hope so. I do think Peters will be happy here for the first season at the least, new car smell and all that. From there, though, we'll have to wait and see. Still love the move of course, no guts no glory.