Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And along comes reality to our resident Quinn bashers that maybe...they were wrong

My suggestion to those poor souls is to rewatch the game in Seattle or the playoff game

This is a big time Coup getting Peters!!
Not sure how this proves anything regarding Quinn. The fact his name is mentioned here could also imply his name is out there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
i thot i read that, i dont have a clue now about what we are trading
train

He asked for a trade after the Chiefs playoff loss to the Titans.

Ownership was pretty clear that they weren't going to give him long-term money.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure how this proves anything regarding Quinn. The fact his name is mentioned here could also imply his name is out there.
It does though sound like the Chiefs asked about him. Not that we were pushing him to them. It’s not definitive but that does lend some credibility that we aren’t looking to trade him. Of course it could be other things like they are working on a trade with somebody else or that KC doesn’t value him like we do.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
It does though sound like the Chiefs asked about him. Not that we were pushing him to them. It’s not definitive but that does lend some credibility that we aren’t looking to trade him. Of course it could be other things like they are working on a trade with somebody else or that KC doesn’t value him like we do.
And it also may indicate that he has value with other teams in the league. This is important because many believe Quinn's best days are behind him but how does the rest of the NFL view him? Hopefully this is an indication that he is still perceived as a productive and dangerous player in this league.
At the very least mebbe we can, in fact, get a quality draft pick like say a 3rd rounder or even possibly a late 2nd rounder for Robert if we choose to go in that direction.
Time will tell.......

~ArkyRamsFan~

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/23/marcus-peters-trade-chiefs-rams

Marcus Peters Now Burdened with the Question of What Went Wrong in Kansas City
  • The Chiefs knew what they were getting when they drafted Marcus Peters. Now as he's traded away to the Rams, the talented cornerback draws the short end of the stick. If Kansas City is successful in 2018, the franchise will reap the praise. But Peters? He'll be shrouded by questions of many wondering what went wrong in K.C.
By CONOR ORR

The worst kept secret of the NFL offseason thus far has finally been made public. The Chiefs, who seemed just as unhappy with the maintenance of cornerback Marcus Peters as Peters did with playing for the Chiefs, signed divorce papers on Friday that can be made official when the new league year begins on March 14, a little less than a month from now.

He’ll be traded to the Rams, as ESPN first reported, for what will likely end up being a draft-pick compensation.

Kansas City will surely miss the talents of a cornerback who, since 2015, has arguably been the NFL’s most successfully aggressive cover corner. Since Peters’s rookie season, no player has made more interceptions (Peters has seven more than the next highest total), no player has more passes defensed and only four players have a lower completion percentage when thrown to. But in the meantime, we’ll praise Kansas City for “cleaning out the house” so long as they finish above .500 in 2018.

Peters will get what many in the NFL blindly label a “fresh start” as the Chiefs continue their roster overhaul with players about whom they will complain less, and this may end up benefitting both parties down the road. Relationships deteriorate at home, in business and on sports teams rapidly and sometimes the only answer is a new voice, a new location and new surroundings. It was time for something to happen and the mechanisms of the game took the proper course.

The only difference is that in the NFL the player starting over faces a discriminatorily high burden on his end.

The immediate hand-wringing over the deal on Friday was textbook. As the news filtered out, so did televised reminders that the Chiefs suspended Peters in the past, and that he was kicked off his college football team for multiple run-ins with the coaching staff.” The lay football fan catching up on the news probably saw the transaction, shook their head and thought “Figures, that guy was always a problem.”

But what about the team that drafted him knowing full well this would be an investment that required time and effort? In Marcus Peters’s NFL.com scouting report, which is accessible to anyone with an internet connection, one NFC position coach said that he wouldn’t dream of drafting Peters in the first two rounds of the draft. Another scout said that he was off their board altogether.

But Kansas City drafted him in the first round, pick No. 18. They prioritized talent like they tend to do, but the franchise will only reap the positive coverage should Peters falter in Los Angeles, or should they find another star to replace him with the draft picks they get back.

Meanwhile, Peters starts in a new location shrouded in controversy. What really happened? How disruptive must a player be in order to be dealt with one season and an option year left on his rookie contract? The leverage is always with the team, and not on a 25-year-old tasked with cleaning up his reputation just because we all assume (or were told) that’s the way it happened.

Maybe Peters wanted out just as badly and worked to make it happen. It would be one of the few times in NFL history that a team accommodated a player’s wish without also getting something invaluable in return. Maybe, like every team would like you to believe, there are reasons for the deal that if we really knew it would all make sense.

For now, we’re left with Tweets like these from former Eagles president Joe Banner, an executive who worked closely with Chiefs head coach Andy Reid for many years:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeBanner13/status/967102058347167744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2F2018%2F02%2F23%2Fmarcus-peters-trade-chiefs-rams

My question: How does someone focus on building character by seemingly just getting rid of someone or something that wasn’t agreeable? Wasn’t the whole point of the sport to teach everyone, from the top down, something truly valuable about responsibility and accountability to one another?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/23/marcus-peters-trade-chiefs-rams

Marcus Peters Now Burdened with the Question of What Went Wrong in Kansas City

No, I think that burden is with the Chiefs. I'll bet that when Peters steps off that plane at LAX he'll only be smiling & enjoying thoughts of what's to come. The Chiefs will be yesterdays news to him, he's an L.A. Ram. Now, there is no telling how long this honeymoon will last, but you can bet that McVay and Wade Phillips will do everything on their part to make this work.

jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care what went wrong in KC. I'm just glad we got a top CB with a cheap contract for the next two years. It'll allow us to use our cap space on another player in FA.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

View: https://youtu.be/0py1DVxmXW4

Classic Peters interview. You feel me?? LOL

Funniest shit ever. If only all interviews were like this. “Shit, I was hella weak this game, you feel me.” You got the fumble near the end of the game, how’d that make you feel? “That took my game from hella weak to weak, ya feel me, I’m just weak this week. I’ll get back on my shit next week”

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I believe this keeps Joyner NRC and Watkins with the Rams for sure and makes us a bit more active in FA baring some mishap in negotiations. However yes talib would be amazing but two personalities like that would make for a stormy mix and perhaps a terrible influence in the locker room but it would look nice on paper especially money wise cause talib getting cut and us scooping him up on a cheaper price it's like two all world corners for maybe a fraction of tru johnsons salary....like realistically what would a talib contract look like??? But I still think this secondary would be elite with peters nrc jj Joyner and an addition of Breeland or dare I say another lower contract to a player who wants to win like Richard Sherman if he is cut????
I believe tru ends up with the whiners or the raiders maybe even the Chargers I don't think he will wander to far from his new home just my feeling.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Btw I do think seeing where the Rams have been and where they are going there might be a couple of players who would restructure their contracts such as Quinn maybe even Barron...thoughts????

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Btw I do think seeing where the Rams have been and where they are going there might be a couple of players who would restructure their contracts such as Quinn maybe even Barron...thoughts????

It doesn't make sense for us to restructure Quinn's contract, and I see Barron as a goner. We need a bigger ILB.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Everyone mentioning Talib I'm with it.... What can't go without saying, Talib would be an amazing mentor bc of his background too.