Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
No Jo lonn?? Now that IS a surprise.
"Would be." Not "is." No idea how much, if any, of that statement CoachO corroborates. "No comment" could easily be "you're way off."

Let's wait to find out.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
This might be a bit off topic, but how many guys do you carry specifically (and likely only) for their ST contributions? I can think of Bates, Armstrong, and Reynolds who currently only have value in that one specific area, pending on-field maturation. Echoing what DR RAM said, you can't keep 'em all, right?

Alan

Legend
Dodgersrf faking me out:
Dr Rams list.
Well, Mojo was talking about jrry's list so...you faked me out. :LOL: That's not easy to do until later in the evening.;)

Wait, DR RAM made a list? I'll have to check it out.

Ram4life11

Rookie
This might be a bit off topic, but how many guys do you carry specifically (and likely only) for their ST contributions? I can think of Bates, Armstrong, and Reynolds who currently only have value in that one specific area, pending on-field maturation. Echoing what DR RAM said, you can't keep 'em all, right?

Keep in mind, ST value is very important...

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't see enough either, but I haven't seen him in the meeting room either, which would play into the decision for a QB, big time.
Safe bet for PS. Didnt play much, and didnt play well when he did.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
For me, one or two at most, but the key.... is that anyone after that they have to project to playing on the field at some point. Remember, they will be on the 45 man roster, so if players go down, they have to be able to play their respective position. You don't want a liability on the field at their position, because opposing coaches will find your weakness, and exploit it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If Chase Reynolds deserves a spot as a ST'er and being buried on the depth chart as our most ineffective RB, then IMO Ray Ray deserves a spot as well.
He hasn't developed very quickly as a LB and has been disappointing. He's a ST's guy almost as much as Chase...remember we're down another ace ST'r in Steadman Bailey early too.
I forgot Bailey
Well, Mojo was talking about jrry's list so...you faked me out. :LOL: That's not easy to do until later in the evening.;)

Wait, DR RAM made a list? I'll have to check it out.
Jerry list? Looks like I faked myself out.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Nothing from jthom1 for 45 mins. Doesn't he know we're all just staring at our computer screen waiting for his updates?? Did he eat Mexican today and is stuck in the men's room?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I have a close friend who is "close" to the organization. Trust me, I am not one of those guys who likes to refer to having a "source" who ends up being the next door neighbor of the janitor's cousin.

Which is sweet, BTW. Don't worry, X, your word is gospel around these parts.

I'll let u decree that... :p

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I forgot Bailey

Jerry list? Looks like I faked myself out.
I usually make a list, and have one in my head, but the comments that I made in Wagoner cut list tells you what I'd do. I didn't want to open a new thread about it.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The other thing to keep in mind. They have to be down to 53 by 3 pm tomorrow, but the roster isn't FINAL until 3 PM on Tuesday. SO just because guys manage to survive thru tomorrow, with teams having until Tuesday to add players from the waiver wire, nothing is set in stone til then.

Pho Kadat

Rookie

And I agree, but you can't legitimately keep 11 special teamers without a few being solid backups on offense or defense. Granted, I understand that I've only mentioned a handful of players, more for reference that anything else (i.e I'm not calling anybody out).

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The other thing to keep in mind. They have to be down to 53 by 3 pm tomorrow, but the roster isn't FINAL until 3 PM on Tuesday. SO just because guys manage to survive thru tomorrow, with teams having until Tuesday to add players from the waiver wire, nothing is set in stone til then.
And I think we could try to pick up 2 - 3 players. What is your guess? Approx?

Ramathon

I would hazard a serious WAG in suggesting there will be at least one surprise amongst the cuts. Not a Chris Long or Zack Stacy obviously, but someone like Carrington or Ernie Sims. Not that it will be either of those, they just happened to be the first to come to mind...but somebody of that level of importance in the past.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It is, but those ST's guys who don't start on offense or defense are also easier to replace mid-season when injuries can hit you hard. Finding young guys willing to put their bodies on the line to impress an NFL HC covering kicks and punts are not hard to find. The hard part is developing those same guys into football players that can eventually get into your rotation.

Give me more quality depth everywhere over keeping too many special teams aces regardless of position. Thats my opinion of course.