Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Relax the sphincter bro.
I'm fine,,, I just dont want to play this 20 questions thing. I'm sure they are waiting to inform the players before they release the names to the media. I do know that the players who have been cut outright have already been told, and most are on their way home. They have already identified the guys they want to add to the PS, so those guys are not so quick to be given their plane tickets.

And NO, I won't give out any info on which is which, even if those guys names have already been announced. Mainly because it could quite possibly change based on who the final guys end up being.

jjab360

Legend
No offense CoachO, but I don't think anybody likes the "I know something that you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you" game. It's not very fun.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Rams cut DL Kourtnei Brown and Deantre Harlan, and.... QB Garrett Gilbert

Is this news or a prediction?

EDIT:

Seen your later post now thanks.

EDIT 2: Not too surprised with Gilbert or Van Dyke. Rolling with 2 QBs? Making room for an extra d-lineman/cornerback or running back???

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Assuming he gets stashed...
Making room for a vet QB possibly?
Or...we could be anticipating a QB that we liked in the draft, better than GG. I really haven't seen any names that have stood out. I'd rather have a vet who knows our verbage.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
No offense CoachO, but I don't think anybody likes the "I know something that you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you" game. It's not very fun.
fine,, then dont read the thread, I could have just as easily not said anything,, and if people are bothered by it, I'm sorry.

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram seeing potential in Watts:
If so he won't be without a job eventually. The kid can play. He was finding holes that weren't there last night. I hope he makes the team. It's a numbers thing though, i get it.
This isn't 20/20 hindsight because I've already said this but just one more reason why I didn't like the pick of Tre Mason. I actually like Watts better that Mason but we're not cutting a 3rd round pick are we.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

Ramathon

If so he won't be without a job eventually. The kid can play. He was finding holes that weren't there last night. I hope he makes the team. It's a numbers thing though, i get it.

He did look good last night....if we keep in mind that it was against the Dolphin's 2's & 3's. The most telling thing I've heard said about him is that he's slow. My impression was that it meant he wasn't slow for a RB, he was just slow.

But even if I'm right, he put some good film together last night that might land him somewhere else.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This isn't 20/20 hindsight because I've already said this but just one more reason why I didn't like the pick of Tre Mason. I actually like Watts better that Mason but we're not cutting a 3rd round pick are we.

one day Mason is going to bust a huge run that makes us all thank the day we picked him up. Kids got talent
The kid is gonna be special we just need to give him a bit of time to catch up on what he wasn't taught in school.
You can't ignore a sensational career at Auburn in favor of a guy like Watts who showed well in just one pre-season game

That being said I like Watts (y)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
so the updates list of the players who have been announced:

Garrett Gilbert QB
Brad Smelley TE
Sean Hooey OL
Michell Van Dyk OL
Deantre Harlan DT
Kourtnie Brown DE
Phillip Steward LB
Avery Cunningham S

They have cut 17 to this point. which is the list I have, and 4 have not been decided yet.

A55VA6

Legend
I happen to find it pretty cool that CoachO has a list. It would be wrong of him to release that information before the Rams do, so I'm cool with it.