Dolphins owner: Twitter-nasty wife got Brent Grimes cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, Les, when Brenda Warner spoke out, it sealed the deal for Kurt to get shipped out. We both remember the crap Martz pulled.

As for your "reservations"... maybe you just need to try one of her cakes... LMAO!!!

Edit: as for photos, Prime... my dad was a photog, so I had like a million pics taken of me growing up. By the time I was in HS, I was so against my photo being taken, you'd think I was a Vampire or destined to work as a member of the CIA or MIB... I think the only photos of me in the service are the photo for my ID, my dress uni photo out of boot, and...maybe...a snap shot the wife snuck.

LOL, if it weren't for one teacher insisting my senior year for one class, I'm not sure I'd have photographic evidence I ever attended High School at all (definitely missed the Senior Picture)...

Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Basically it boils down to this:

A players spouse talked none stop shit about their spouses employers and co-workers on social media.

That's not good for anyone in any profession. Regardless of gender.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
s4m4wn.jpg
Well, Les, when Brenda Warner spoke out, it sealed the deal for Kurt to get shipped out. We both remember the crap Martz pulled.

As for your "reservations"... maybe you just need to try one of her cakes... LMAO!!!

Edit: as for photos, Prime... my dad was a photog, so I had like a million pics taken of me growing up. By the time I was in HS, I was so against my photo being taken, you'd think I was a Vampire or destined to work as a member of the CIA or MIB... I think the only photos of me in the service are the photo for my ID, my dress uni photo out of boot, and...maybe...a snap shot the wife snuck.

LOL, if it weren't for one teacher insisting my senior year for one class, I'm not sure I'd have photographic evidence I ever attended High School at all (definitely missed the Senior Picture)...

Manning the big Guns.jpg
Mac, I was able to capture this image of you in your prime. "Manning the big guns." We'll show Primetime. That rude bastard. You're welcome.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I know he was young and wasn't used to drinking and made a tragic mistake. I get that.

I think you mean he got caught. More than once and only killed one girl, thank god.

LL was a great player and I was disgusted he was a Ram.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Susan Detweiler (sp?) or something close. I don't mean to be disrespectful I'm just terrible with names. I'm a visual person. She was a mother, also, iirc. I was only referencing his first incident. When I read about it, I remember one player saying he felt guilty because they dragged LL out. He wasn't used to drinking.

As someone who grew up with an alcoholic, the LAST thing I'm gonna do is make excuses for a DUI convict who killed a mother. I was just trying to mitigate having to litigate the LL thing because in the past on various forums, he's been a polarizing figure. You saw that when someone objected to alluding to him as an "all-around bad guy" even though it was really poor grammar that lead to that on my part.

Tough subject. I dunno that there are any answers...hard or easy that make more sense than any others. Whole thing was a senseless tragedy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you're doing yourself and your social justice cause a disservice. Did Stephen Ross sign any of those wife beaters or murderers or gang bangers? I don't follow them closely but I'm pretty sure they did not. You're persecuting Ross for what some others that have the same type businesses as he does have done. If the barber shop in my neighborhood hires a wife beater does that mean I should hold it against all the others? Absolutely not! Now the NFL for allowing these things to happen is a better target for you but you need to set your sights on a better target. Ross is not a good target for your argument.
Agree, Ross is the guy who cleaned house over the Jonathon Martin deal
It is despicable that men can act like human garbage and get second chances because they are good at sport. I agree. I just don't see where that has any relevance to this woman

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
since this thread continues....I'll continue....One elemental right is freedom of speech...it's why I like blogs...a person should be able to SAY whatever they want, esp. if they believe it to be true....she's not under contract to the Dolphins. Her husband was a top performer. Listening to several guys in here, and in the media, I believe the Dolphins are a badly run franchise....I believe Tannehill has serious limitations, esp. when it concerns throwing the deep ball, calling audibles. Probably doesn't change protections either. She did nothing inherently wrong and she's getting punished/chastised for what? vulgarity? please....
I hope they're doing psych studies on the effects of people that "believe" they are being unfairly treated....just to see how they turn out...how they raise their children...I'm sure it's relevant to today's times....

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
since this thread continues....I'll continue....One elemental right is freedom of speech...it's why I like blogs...a person should be able to SAY whatever they want, esp. if they believe it to be true....she's not under contract to the Dolphins. Her husband was a top performer. Listening to several guys in here, and in the media, I believe the Dolphins are a badly run franchise....I believe Tannehill has serious limitations, esp. when it concerns throwing the deep ball, calling audibles. Probably doesn't change protections either. She did nothing inherently wrong and she's getting punished/chastised for what? vulgarity? please....
I hope they're doing psych studies on the effects of people that "believe" they are being unfairly treated....just to see how they turn out...how they raise their children...I'm sure it's relevant to today's times....

Yeah but then again one must remember, "words have consequences"

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Wasn't she calling the Dolphins out before the season saying they wouldn't honor his contract and shit? I know she went about it wrong, but she was right lol. I don't know what she said about Tannehill but he's a weak QB imo anyways so whatever it was she said probably was true too lol.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4699603-miko-grimes-ryan-tannehill-twitter-dolphins-tampa-bay

Miko Grimes: Dolphins WRs asked for Ryan Tannehill to be benched
By Jordan Heck
Omnisport

Miko Grimes, the wife of former Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes, is back on Twitter again responding to her haters.

Miko has been a topic of conversation ever since the Dolphins released Brent this offseason. Brent made the Pro Bowl every single season as a member of the Dolphins, but his wife's antics (such as her tweets and her arrest outside of the stadium) played a role in him being cut, according to the team's owner.

"Keep my f—ing name out y'all mouth (Dolphins) or I will have so much fun airing out your dirty laundry!" she tweeted.

If you look at Miko's replies to some of the people attacking her, she already aired out some dirty laundry. She's always been critical of quarterback Ryan Tannehill, and she revealed that his receivers didn't like him.

"Did your (quarterback) have to get a whole new receiving core (because) the last group asked for him to be benched for Matt Moore?" she asked a Twitter user.

What's not clear is when this allegedly happened, but the Dolphins did get a complete overhaul last season at the receiver position. Brian Hartline, Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson and (TE) Charles Clay all left for various reasons and were replaced by Kenny Stills, Greg Jennings, (rookie) DeVante Parker and (TE) Jordan Cameron.

Miko also claims that the report that said the team didn't want him was false, and that he declined a contract offer from the Dolphins.

how can u cost someone a job they no longer wanted? #declined #nothanks
— Miko Grimes (@iHeartMiko) March 24, 2016

She also claims that as long as the Dolphins continue to talk about her, she'll continue to talk trash about their players, especially Tannehill.

For now though, the couple will be spending their time in Tampa Bay after Brent signed a contract with the Bucs. The team said they aren't concerned about Miko's Twitter activity, but that could change in the near future.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Look past the vulgarity and just look at what she did and what she said other than the crude way she said it. Her parents are cringing at all of this. I hope anyway.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

The first Amendment has nothing to do with the Private Sector. It says that CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW limiting peoples ability to exercise their right to free speech. Employers also have the right to exercise their right to protect their Company, as they see fit.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
She doesn't work for the Dolphins or the NFL and there is no cause for damages. Her statements violated no clause, law or code.

All she's guilty of is being vulgar.

And???

Anyone who doesn't wish to listen or partake in her vulgarities only need ignore her. I mean, if I can ignore the entire Kardashian clan, it's possible to ignore ANYONE on social media.

She hadn't harmed the Dolphin brand. Ryan Tannehill hasn't suffered any psychological damage from her Twitter critiques. She just said really vulgar things.

In one breath, I'd like every last person in this country, myself counting twice, to take the vulgarity down a notch because it's gotten out of hand.

What's funny is what she said (as opposed to how she said it) often was pretty common knowledge. Had she said what she said in a really vanilla way, she'd still have been treated like crap. I mean, Giselle complained when Pats receivers dropped a bunch of balls in a big game and got absolutely SLAMMED for it. You don't get whiter, taller or prettier than Giselle and none of that stopped the avalanche of STFU and she was composed. She might have said dammit... Point is the absence of vulgarity didn't get Giselle treated any better. Didn't get Brenda Warner treated any better.

I'm not trying to defend or excuse vulgarity. Far from it.

But the lengths employers already go extends FAR too far. Plenty of employers ask for Facebook logins and passwords for example (which I would NEVER give if I used FB).

I dunno. I have mixed feelings on this. I have very strong feelings against spousal coercion, and yet I feel that people should be emotionally responsible and communicate their differences with care.

She's clearly no angel in this. Far, far from it. But if she were a dood, she wouldn't be the devil, either.

Dear God, I dunno how I'm gonna make it to the draft... 33 days still is it?

Do humans hibernate???

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
She doesn't work for the Dolphins or the NFL and there is no cause for damages. Her statements violated no clause, law or code.

All she's guilty of is being vulgar.

And???

Anyone who doesn't wish to listen or partake in her vulgarities only need ignore her. I mean, if I can ignore the entire Kardashian clan, it's possible to ignore ANYONE on social media.

She hadn't harmed the Dolphin brand. Ryan Tannehill hasn't suffered any psychological damage from her Twitter critiques. She just said really vulgar things.

In one breath, I'd like every last person in this country, myself counting twice, to take the vulgarity down a notch because it's gotten out of hand.

What's funny is what she said (as opposed to how she said it) often was pretty common knowledge. Had she said what she said in a really vanilla way, she'd still have been treated like crap. I mean, Giselle complained when Pats receivers dropped a bunch of balls in a big game and got absolutely SLAMMED for it. You don't get whiter, taller or prettier than Giselle and none of that stopped the avalanche of STFU and she was composed. She might have said dammit... Point is the absence of vulgarity didn't get Giselle treated any better. Didn't get Brenda Warner treated any better.

I'm not trying to defend or excuse vulgarity. Far from it.

But the lengths employers already go extends FAR too far. Plenty of employers ask for Facebook logins and passwords for example (which I would NEVER give if I used FB).

I dunno. I have mixed feelings on this. I have very strong feelings against spousal coercion, and yet I feel that people should be emotionally responsible and communicate their differences with care.

She's clearly no angel in this. Far, far from it. But if she were a dood, she wouldn't be the devil, either.

Dear God, I dunno how I'm gonna make it to the draft... 33 days still is it?

Do humans hibernate???

Mac. You're cracking me up with your stream of consciousness. You make some good points. I get that Miko the killer whale was not the employee. But it still comes down to: is the employer obligated to sit on their hands and keep the employee if a wife is going off the rails like this? Absolutely not.

There are sometimes consequences to expressing our minds. It's just one of that one of those consequences isn't to be thrown in prison for expressing unpopular thoughts. (As opposed to Obamas good friends in Cuba, for example that do it to this day).

Nobody is suggesting putting Miko in a tank(y), or taking away her, or her husbands ability to live free, or make a living. He was merely invited to work somewhere else.

Good discussion though, Mac.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I said, if what she did was no big deal, have your spouse/significant other go on social media and trash your boss, company and co-workers.
Let me know how that goes and how it was no big deal.....

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I understand businesses that act because of social media posts that contain racist, mysogynistic, homophobic or hate speech or in any way damage the brand that business spend inordinate amount of resources to cultivate.

That said, she was a nuisance with her vulgarity. That's the difference.

When a business has an employee or spouse say post blatantly racist things on social media as has happened numerous times, business have CAUSE to take action because they can point to damage.

But a vulgar nuisance????

Seriously. If businesses can start taking action because of direct and indirect vulgar actions on the Internet, unemployment is about to go up to 80+%.... (F Facebook sideways...)

What's funny is that we're supposed to believe Stephen Ross is on Twitter himself and actually reads tweets and between what he read and reporters asking him about the tweets was SOOO onerous that he had to shed a pro bowl CB. Yeah, I'm not buying that.

It's possible to not agree with her vulgarity AND call out Stephen Ross for the weak justification for losing one of his better players.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Like I said, if what she did was no big deal, have your spouse/significant other go on social media and trash your boss, company and co-workers.
Let me know how that goes and how it was no big deal.....

Well, I'm a service connected disabled vet, so that's not possible. I also stipulated mutiple times that when causing harm to the brand, businesses have cause to take action.

These days, I don't do much social media aside from the occasional tweet because I find it indicts the worst aspects of humanity rather than bring about any of the possible benefits. The best that can be said of it is that it wastes shameful amounts of time...

Pretty sure I also said this was a lose lose situation because no one in it conducted themselves like grown ups. Difference is that far too many seem happy to take up for the Dolphins, the same organization that ALLOWED the culture to exist so that they could have that bullying scandal.

Rather than listen to imperfect dissent and engage in conversation, the reaction was juvenile, "that mean girl is saying mean things about us using bad words! Our ears burn from such language that we have never heard in our lives! She and her husband have to go!"

I'm sorry, but all of the Dolphins crap even going back to the bullying scandal is such passive-aggressive nonsense.

And if that's all it takes to make them start shipping out players... That's how thin the skin is? Things that make you go hmmmm... I could put a call out to 4chan...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Mac if it was one incident you could possibly have a point. But this shit has been going on for years now..........and they actually asked hat she take it down a notch.

Frankly if anyone thinks the jizz comment wasn't the last straw I wanna know why. That kind of remark by itself would get your spouse fired. No way an employer sits still while the wife of one employee is puking up that kind of personal attack on social media. You can't let that go.

I keep asking you to look past the vulgarity, and see the message. FFS she head butted a cop during the melee when she jumped the crowd control fence after being asked several times not to do that. Her spouting off "I'm a players wife you can't do that" tells us a lot about her.

She's been out of control long enough that if I were him I'd be a little concerned about her mental health. Normal people don't act that way.

It'll only be a matter of time before she is firing off vulgar insults at the players and FO of the Bucs, you can count on that.