Dolphins owner: Twitter-nasty wife got Brent Grimes cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just find it funny that if Grimes had tweeted that, they'd probably have expected him to play out his contract. But his wife did it and "HOLY CRAP!!! WOMENS WITH TECHNOLOGY!!! WOMENS ARE SAYING THINGS WE DON'T LIKE...RIGHT...AT US!!! SEND HER AWAY!!! WHATEVER IT TAKES, SEND HER AWAY!!!"
That was just the capper. She's been arrested in the stadium, said all of the local reporters can get fucked by Magic Johnson's dick, called out the QB (said he stunk before Grimes signed), railed on management, coaches, owners, and generally wouldn't shut the fuck up about anything. At some point the Dolphins had to make a decision to rid themselves of such a distraction. Local reporters even started covering her inane ramblings more than the team and its players. And it started to get to the point that her endless stream of profanity-laden tirades were synonymous with the Organization itself. So, I don't blame them for letting Brent go, because it was the only way to tell his wife to go fuck off.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I married a power woman
Super hot
Super smart
Totally inspirational
She commands every room she walks into with grace, style, and elegance, and people listen to her and respect her every word - it's amazing to watch and I love every minute of it

And let me tell you, it takes a special kinda man to know how to subjugate themselves to their power and beauty yet know when to command them appropriately when necessary -- cause if you don't behave like a man when the moment arises they will resent you for not being what you're supposed to be - a man

Look, I've navigated these waters for 22 years and trust this woman with all my heart, mind, future, and finances and it is what makes me a cool dude today and is what is responsible for my success in all fields I endeavor

But let me be clear -- this gal Miko Grimes is just a rude, tactless freaking whore who's loud mouth and self-promoting behavior has clearly cost her husband a job in Miami

Miko Grimes is neither elegant, strong, or beautiful - if you think otherwise check out her baking skills where she immortalizes herself in butter cream on all fours like some sexual object - no classy gal would reduce herself to getting ass-f'd in icing on a cake and expect to walk away with dignity and respect, you know what I'm sayin'?

My suggestion is only that thiis gal in particular has ZERO F'ING CLASS and maybe that's the issue

I get what yore saying in a general sense, but there are hundreds of great women backing these players who have much higher values and motives working Behind the scenes and in front and by defending a classless broad like this you are actually taking away from the great and heroic work these women do on a daily basis

Firstly, congratulations. Loving a strong woman is a great thing.

I get what you're saying.

I married someone similar over 26 years ago and she still gives me the utz like we were teenagers.

Thing is, I'm not trying to judge. I prefer grace and wouldn't make her choices, but I think calling Grimes' wife a whore is really out of bounds, imho. What you call rude, tactless and self-promoting can be seen as passionate self belief. I dunno. I agree she's not the best "spokesperson", but when it comes to principle, it's not about finding a "Flanders" type spokesperson.

Even if we stipulate that she has no class, that's such a little thing compared to what the NFL is willing to put up with in order to win... except, it seems if a woman has no class (See: Greg Hardy. From Greg Hardy, the NFL was willing to put up with veiled rape threats of other players' wives among other things...after his ordeal? But Miko Grimes is the root of the problem?)

As for the cake, what married couples do is totally up to them. If she wants to make an "adult cake" for her husband doing something that is AWESOME to enjoy...well, okay. I'd be the first one to feel awkward if I were there at the birthday party or whatever, but that's me. Imho, it's not up to me to judge them or their marriage.

My only issue was that the owners (including those who run teams) seem to be willing to take a backbreaking amount of nonsense from almost any source from players, but if a wife or girlfriend so much as says anything out of turn... she's slammed and the guy's run out on a rail.

And she doesn't have to be like Miko Grimes. Brenda Warner wasn't that way. She simply stood up for Kurt when Martz was lying about Kurt (which became a nasty habit for awhile, with Mike Martz, even post Rams, unfortunately) and when you look at the timeline, Martz really decided to move on from Warner once Brenda spoke up.

So, I don't disagree that Miko Grimes isn't the most sympathetic person to support on an issue like this. For me, tho, it's pretty simple... She should be able to speak and as long as she's not violating the CBA or endangering her husband's job, it shouldn't be an issue.

But you and I both know that strong women, whether or not they possess grace and charm, aren't always welcome.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
That was just the capper. She's been arrested in the stadium, said all of the local reporters can get freaked by Magic Johnson's dick, called out the QB (said he stunk before Grimes signed), railed on management, coaches, owners, and generally wouldn't shut the freak up about anything. At some point the Dolphins had to make a decision to rid themselves of such a distraction. Local reporters even started covering her inane ramblings more than the team and its players. And it started to get to the point that her endless stream of profanity-laden tirades were synonymous with the Organization itself. So, I don't blame them for letting Brent go, because it was the only way to tell his wife to go freak off.

Well, yeah. I reread some things and I remember her.

I'm not judgmental. She's not my cup of tea.

That said, I just don't get the organization. Do Pats reporters cover her if she's on some little AM talk show talking trash if Grimes is with the Pats and bother Belicheck and the Pats players with it?

I think probably no.

She may be a hot mess. Her actions don't make her out to be Grace Kelly, that seems pretty clear. Classless, even. Okay.

Then again, I dunno that I disagree all that much with (some of) what she said. How? Sure. Definitely. But What? That sports reporters can get bent, owners are disloyal liars, the Miami FO is as dysfunctional an FO as there is in the NFL and...

I'm not trying to be "on her side". That's what this is turning into and I'm not trying to make it like that. It's more the principle of the thing to me.

I just find it curious that when Greg Hardy is an insufferable prickbastard making veiled rape threats about Brady's wife, he's not so much as benched for a minute, but when a woman (classless or not) speaks out, it's the end of the damn world.

I just find that...off. Greg Hardy can speak his mind with impunity and without sanction and be a massive distraction AND a locker room cancer... and still play out the season (he's not been resigned, but there's still time). Miko Grimes isn't a player and if she weren't married to a player, what difference would she make? She'd just be a fan talking... except she's a woman and they can exert influence by trading her husband.

Every powerful woman has to act like they're Jackie Robinson...still...like they're the first powerful woman, ever. Seems silly to me in 2016 when women have run for President in both parties, have been Astronauts, made significant strides in just about every major field.

Just seems strange to me is all.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Firstly, congratulations. Loving a strong woman is a great thing.

I get what you're saying.

I married someone similar over 26 years ago and she still gives me the utz like we were teenagers.

Thing is, I'm not trying to judge. I prefer grace and wouldn't make her choices, but I think calling Grimes' wife a whore is really out of bounds, imho. What you call rude, tactless and self-promoting can be seen as passionate self belief. I dunno. I agree she's not the best "spokesperson", but when it comes to principle, it's not about finding a "Flanders" type spokesperson.

Even if we stipulate that she has no class, that's such a little thing compared to what the NFL is willing to put up with in order to win... except, it seems if a woman has no class (See: Greg Hardy. From Greg Hardy, the NFL was willing to put up with veiled rape threats of other players' wives among other things...after his ordeal? But Miko Grimes is the root of the problem?)

As for the cake, what married couples do is totally up to them. If she wants to make an "adult cake" for her husband doing something that is AWESOME to enjoy...well, okay. I'd be the first one to feel awkward if I were there at the birthday party or whatever, but that's me. Imho, it's not up to me to judge them or their marriage.

My only issue was that the owners (including those who run teams) seem to be willing to take a backbreaking amount of nonsense from almost any source from players, but if a wife or girlfriend so much as says anything out of turn... she's slammed and the guy's run out on a rail.

And she doesn't have to be like Miko Grimes. Brenda Warner wasn't that way. She simply stood up for Kurt when Martz was lying about Kurt (which became a nasty habit for awhile, with Mike Martz, even post Rams, unfortunately) and when you look at the timeline, Martz really decided to move on from Warner once Brenda spoke up.

So, I don't disagree that Miko Grimes isn't the most sympathetic person to support on an issue like this. For me, tho, it's pretty simple... She should be able to speak and as long as she's not violating the CBA or endangering her husband's job, it shouldn't be an issue.

But you and I both know that strong women, whether or not they possess grace and charm, aren't always welcome.

I don't think she's shunned because she lacks grace and charm (though she does lack both)...I think it has everything to do with shooting her mouth off about things she has no business getting into and very little grasp of that which she tries to expound on...I wouldn't go so far as to call Grimes pussy-whipped, but he surely must realize that she was the biggest contributing factor for him losing his job... Personally, I can't imagine why he didn't rein her in long before she had done as much damage as she did...When a wife starts bashing and dissing the team's starter, that's way over the line to me...

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think she's shunned because she lacks grace and charm (though she does lack both)...I think it has everything to do with shooting her mouth off about things she has no business getting into and very little grasp of that which she tries to expound on...I wouldn't go so far as to call Grimes wuss-whipped, but he surely must realize that she was the biggest contributing factor for him losing his job... Personally, I can't imagine why he didn't rein her in long before she had done as much damage as she did...When a wife starts bashing and dissing the team's starter, that's way over the line to me...

He's actually $1.5 million ahead. Got the signing bonus, then got another contract.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...s-sign-brent-grimes-to-two-year-165m-contract

Of course, the flip side is he has to put up with her too - hope he has a good prenup, I'm guessing not.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
If she'd been an isolated case, I'd agree with you, but there've been others. I only mention Brenda Warner because most of us remember her. I know there have been others, but it's late and I'm fading...

Got my botox in the morning (migraine treatment) so I'll have to leave this thread until later tomorrow.

Great thread. I'll get back to everyone tomorrow! Love you all!

Debacled

Starter
I feel sorry for Grimes whenever he retires. Dolphins on full blast now, he will be when he isn't making millions and the best best best.....best "film" the world has ever seen.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
There is a huge difference between a strong, powerful, confident woman and a loudmouth - same as for guys. A really confident powerful person would never speak that way about others or call people out on Twitter. All that other stuff comes from insecurity.

That said the Dolphins are a stupid and badly run franchise that never has success because their owner does stuff like this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have to wonder why he puts up with her shit.

Like X said this has been going on for awhile and she is out of control. Just a foul mouthed big mouthed bitch with an attitude.

Mac this isn't a "strong woman" this is an out of control crackhead.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My son just compared me to Raymond's dad from Everybody Loves Raymond.

According to my son I'm Red from 'That 70's Show.'

tumblr_nsz5c70ud31s58c1oo1_r7_400.gif

I married a power woman
Super hot
Super smart
Totally inspirational
She commands every room she walks into with grace, style, and elegance, and people listen to her and respect her every word - it's amazing to watch and I love every minute of it

The generosity of women never ceases to amaze me. :)

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I agree Les. This woman is not "Stong and Confident". That label insults strong, confident women everywhere. She is the opposite.

Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. No other human being should subject themselves to her self-appointed reign of terror. She needs help.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care what type of business you are in, man or woman. If your spouse is going off on social media about your employer & your co-workers and making a scene at your place of employment, you will (and should) lose your job *if* you as the employee cant stop your spouse from doing such.
This isn't a freedom of speech issue, its called creating a hostile work environment.