Chud still an option at OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Yea, the most logical ulterior motive(imo) has been mentioned...they want to negotiate a new contract with him.

Waiting a week will likely end up with all the OC slots filled except maybe 1 or 2. The desperation level of the Rams will not have changed but there will be less demand for his services...and if the Rams opt to go in another direction, he won't have a fallback option.

I just don't think the drive up the costs theory makes much sense here. In the end, he's likely not going to have anymore leverage than he would have had otherwise AND he'll not have any fallback options if the Rams decide his personality doesn't mesh or that they don't like his scheme ideas.
It was just a thought that came to me when I was reading an article about him that was targeted for 49ers fans. One of the comments was "Just throw a bunch of money at him in a week". Got me thinking a bit.

I'm also pretty sure he could fall back to the Colts as well. His Consultant/Assistant role is likely not one that is going to be filled once he leaves.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was just a thought that came to me when I was reading an article about him that was targeted for 49ers fans. One of the comments was "Just throw a bunch of money at him in a week". Got me thinking a bit.

I'm also pretty sure he could fall back to the Colts as well. His Consultant/Assistant role is likely not one that is going to be filled once he leaves.

These are 49er fans. ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
BtgcBinCcAAvMPa.jpg:large

FRO

Legend
I think we should wait it out for Chud. What other OC openings are there?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
In all reality...it's looking like Chud, Nathaniel Hackett, or Rob Boras at this point.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont know which job gets Chud HC consideration the fastest
Turning around the Rams with TE Cook, possibly Kendricks
Re-establishing the 49ers with TE Davis
Riding the Luck train in Indy

I suppose it comes down to what his goals are. If he wants the HC gig, St Louis is as good as any. And if he could turn it around in a season? Might be the fastest

But if he wants to be on a winning squad? St Louis is short straw I'm afraid

paceram

Pro Bowler
I think we should wait it out for Chud. What other OC openings are there?

I really hope the Rams can get Chud but what are the chances he just stays with the Colts (Or, goes to the DREADED 49's!)? The Colts have a young & talented offense (AND, Andrew Luck!) and the Rams seem to have some potential IF Bradford can stay healthy and if they can somehow add (Draft, FA, etc) an offensive lineman or two.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Indianapolis: 3rd ranked offense
San Francisco: 20th ranked offense
St. Louis: 29th ranked offense

I guess if I'm Chud, I look at all three and decide whether I want to take on the challenges of San Franciso (not too much of a challenge) or St. Louis (big challenge).

* Personnel
* Open holes on the roster
* Head coach offensive philosophy and how much autonomy I'd get
* Stability of the franchise
* Possible reasons why they ended up in the lower half of the league on offense and probability that those things can be changed

I don't know... St. Louis would be quite the challenge.

Does he feel he's up to it or wants to give it a go?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I dont know which job gets Chud HC consideration the fastest
Turning around the Rams with TE Cook, possibly Kendricks
Re-establishing the 49ers with TE Davis
Riding the Luck train in Indy

I suppose it comes down to what his goals are. If he wants the HC gig, St Louis is as good as any. And if he could turn it around in a season? Might be the fastest

But if he wants to be on a winning squad? St Louis is short straw I'm afraid
You know what, I honestly don't think the Colts are going to do anything more than what they have the past couple years unless they make a coaching change. Something about Pagano just screams mediocrity to me...and Luck picks up the rest of the slack.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know what, I honestly don't think the Colts are going to do anything more than what they have the past couple years unless they make a coaching change. Something about Pagano just screams mediocrity to me...and Luck picks up the rest of the slack.
I agree. Its like watching Jim Mora 2.0 in Indy.
Luck is that whole team.
They got a problem there with Pagano, as he's pretty much immovable but for a series of sub .500 seasons, which seems unilkely with Luck at the healm

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Urban dictionary

Chud

It means Canibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller and originates from the 1984 film C.H.U.D. But is now used to describe ugly stupid people. Most notably in the Kevin Smith film Clerks 2(2006). The phrase is mostly used in America but is now starting to become popular in the UK.

Jamie: Why don't girls like me?
Scott: Because you're a fucking chud!

Mother: Nurse when can i see my baby?
Nurse: Are you sure you want to?
Mother: yes of course! why?
Nurse: well because your baby is so fucking ugly. It must take after you. You chud.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams offense ranked 21st in points/gm(20.2)
and 28th in yds/gm(314.7)

Just to clarify.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Colts general manager Ryan Grigson had a season-ending press conference on Friday, and naturally he got a question about Rob Chudzinski. He did not go into much detail, rather issuing a statement that should surprise nobody:

"I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's ultimately my job to make sure that good people stay in this building and don't just walk right now. So we'll address that, and do our best to keep good people here."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hopefully by tomorrow morning we'll be reading that Chud is incoming to STL for an interview. If he goes to SF first, I'm gonna be irked.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh wait I forgot we don't get coverage. So hopefully by tomorrow night we'll be reading how Chud is in STL interviewing.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Chud does not seem like fit for Kaep. Kaep, IMO, would do better with Mike Shanny, the WCO, more rollouts, fewer spot throws. Chud, I think could do well, he did with Cam in Carolina, but to get the best out of Kaep it seems like things designed to use legs would be better overall, and the WCO is closer to that.

But, who knows.