Chud still an option at OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Maybe they do not want him distracted as they plan for the Superbowl - hoping for the best from the Ballgate scandal!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is great news. Hope Fish has already told him that Stan has the checkbook ready with lots of zeroes.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We should all change our avatars for one week to ensure Chud gets hired here.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Probably. Still pretty douchey they're not giving him the opportunity to interview.

Really that had nothing to gain by allowing him to interview. They want to keep him and they will make a run at him and also hoping teams won't wait a week, but IMO, the Rams will and can because if it's not Chud they will be promoting from within. They know other teams know he only has a week so they feel other teams won't hold a grudge.

Hopefully Chud realizes that he'll have to be a coordinator to get another shot as a Head Coach and no matter what title he holds with the Colts he'll never get credit for their offense. I would also be interested if Chud does come in will Hoyer be on the short list?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Maybe the Colts are prepared to ditch their OC in favor of Chud if he doesn't resign with them.

Or more likely they want Chud under contract because their OC has been mentioned as possible head coaching candidate and maybe after next season he leaves and they would have a good coach to take over.

I think your right on covering their butts for when Pep leaves. Should get a chance at HC next season IMHO

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Just a thought, what if Chud told the Colts to block his interview so he could drive up his price on the needy football teams that still needed him? It sounds like the 49ers are looking at Chud as well. Once he is the last good candidate left he could ask for quite a bit more or threaten to stick with the Colts. You never know.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Just a thought, what if Chud told the Colts to block his interview so he could drive up his price on the needy football teams that still needed him? It sounds like the 49ers are looking at Chud as well. Once he is the last good candidate left he could ask for quite a bit more or threaten to stick with the Colts. You never know.
OMG, you're starting to think like me :)

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I think Colts are trying to re negotiate a new deal with Chud.
Exactly, this reeks of the Colts trying to work up a new deal with Chud. Otherwise, this would unnecessarily make the organization look like a bunch of bitches.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really that had nothing to gain by allowing him to interview. They want to keep him and they will make a run at him and also hoping teams won't wait a week, but IMO, the Rams will and can because if it's not Chud they will be promoting from within. They know other teams know he only has a week so they feel other teams won't hold a grudge.

Hopefully Chud realizes that he'll have to be a coordinator to get another shot as a Head Coach and no matter what title he holds with the Colts he'll never get credit for their offense. I would also be interested if Chud does come in will Hoyer be on the short list?

I hope not. Hoyer sucks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That doesn't make much sense. As teams fill OC jobs, he has less leverage to bargain with. You want more teams competing for your services to drive the price up. Waiting a week will only cause the pool to dwindle even further.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The OC job for the Rams should draw interest.
if I remember correctly, one of Fisher's biggest draws here, was the ability to pay his assistants well.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
That doesn't make much sense. As teams fill OC jobs, he has less leverage to bargain with. You want more teams competing for your services to drive the price up. Waiting a week will only cause the pool to dwindle even further.
But you also want a team to make a decision out of desperation. Waiting a week would definitely increase how desperate the last few teams are for a quality OC.

I'm just trying to come up with theories that aren't essentially "The colts FO are jerks". You typically don't make decisions like that on whim. There is an ulterior motive here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But you also want a team to make a decision out of desperation. Waiting a week would definitely increase how desperate the last few teams are for a quality OC.

I'm just trying to come up with theories that aren't essentially "The colts FO are jerks". You typically don't make decisions like that on whim. There is an ulterior motive here.

Yea, the most logical ulterior motive(imo) has been mentioned...they want to negotiate a new contract with him.

Waiting a week will likely end up with all the OC slots filled except maybe 1 or 2. The desperation level of the Rams will not have changed but there will be less demand for his services...and if the Rams opt to go in another direction, he won't have a fallback option.

I just don't think the drive up the costs theory makes much sense here. In the end, he's likely not going to have anymore leverage than he would have had otherwise AND he'll not have any fallback options if the Rams decide his personality doesn't mesh or that they don't like his scheme ideas.