Bruglers' 2015 Mock Draft: Winston to Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
TMZ reported it over 12 hours ago and ESPN hasn't run with it. That should speak volumes to you.

Nothing speaks volumes to me regarding ESPN. It's the TMZ of the sporting world. It really isn't all that much better in the long run.

Journalistic integrity should not be a manifestation of a bygone era

I'm giving you the reality of the trade as it stands today, which is part of the reason I left the trade in the first place.

----

And no, I pile on because the kid's in your face evidence is stupidity makes it harder to give any kind of benefit of the doubt anymore.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well UAB is conducting an investigation to see if Rabb made the bet. I'd hold off any judgement until that smoke clears.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing speaks volumes to me regarding ESPN. It's the TMZ of the sporting world. It really isn't all that much better in the long run.

That's the point.

Ramathon

No, they do it because people have a mob mentality. If it being deserved were the baseline reason for it, people wouldn't be so quick to judge.

No, that's only true of some people. Many people are perfectly capable of giving an individual (be it athlete or otherwise) the benefit of the doubt while keeping something of a skeptical eye on the news surrounding him/her when individual events may mean little, but taken in total may add up to something worth noting. Others yet will totally dismiss everything until every single piece is proved absolutely true...lock, stock, and barrel.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, that's only true of some people. Many people are perfectly capable of giving an individual (be it athlete or otherwise) the benefit of the doubt while keeping something of a skeptical eye on the news surrounding him/her when individual events may mean little, but taken in total may add up to something worth noting. Others yet will totally dismiss everything until every single piece is proved absolutely true...lock, stock, and barrel.

Or it means the guy is a target. I think a lot of college kids that lived their life with the media scrutinizing everything they did could be made to look bad.

The rape accusation is definitely worth noting...but it can't be proven and we don't have enough facts. Point shaving would remove him entire from any consideration of playing in the NFL...but it's a rumor reported by a person known for lying. The other things are unimportant.

dhaab

Rookie
TMZ should consider itself very lucky that the standards for proving libel against a public figure are ridiculously high. They deserve to get their arsehole reamed with a lawsuit for reporting allegations of that degree with no actual evidence. Their "report" is based on a person known as Incarcerated Bob who has been exposed as a liar and a fraud many many times. And Incarcerated Bob's supposed evidence is nothing more than him connecting dots because a high school friend of Winston made a big bet.

You don't have to like Winston as a person to think it's despicable that any media source would report on rumors of such great magnitude without any sort of real evidence.

Couldn't agree more with this. It constantly amazes me how folks in this world automatically think something is fact if they read it somewhere.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I wouldn't draft him if it were up to me. No freaking way.

But if Fish and Snead pull the trigger, I'm confident they know what they're doing and are convinced that they can control him.

Keep up the losing & I'll eventually stop caring about off-field issues completely . Draft a killer out of Folsom prison for all I care. Whatever. As long as he can win some freaking games.

So what's happened now :confused:

From what I've gathered:

A former high school team mate of Winston's was betting a certain amount of money on games.
He bet much above what he usually bets on FSU not to cover in the first half against Louisville.
FSU don't cover against Louisville with Winston having a poor first half.
The former teammate of Winston and current UAB player is being investigated by his school (good to know there are schools that do look into stuff).
A website is claiming that Winston had something to do with it.

In other Winston news his lawyer has requested a delay of the school's investigation of the assault allegations, an investigation that should have taken place within months (3 or 6 I forget) of the original allegations being made (in 2012).

I'm sure I'll be corrected on some of those.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Isn't the internet awesome!?! I would think it would be extremely hard to prove. In this case probably proof is irrelevant. It is the story that matters.

In any event, it goes to show that the guy is a lightning rod like manziel. Any time his name is mentioned, even in the most innocuous way, all of the past comes roaring back. Talented, yes, but man the baggage.

This SB Nation story breaks down the first half in question:

The claim is ridiculous, but we went through the film review to show just how wrong it is.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/...on-point-shaving-louisville-florida-state-fsu

Last edited:

TheBunk

Rookie
Again, besides the rape allegation (which is admittedly serious and a deal breaker if true) he hasn't done anything deplorable and honestly not even knuckleheaded. Just kids stuff.