Bruglers' 2015 Mock Draft: Winston to Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
While Fisher and Snead have taken chances on red flag players this is the QB were talking about.I for one would rather see us draft an Andrew Luck type player in the 1st round.And if there isn't one available then don't take a chance with a first round pick on the most important position on a football team.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd be happy with the pick(from the little that I've seen. I hold the right to change my opinion after watching more) but I seriously doubt the Rams pick that high. Fisher's teams always find a way to win a few games they shouldn't win.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The more research I do on this subject, specifically the sexual assault allegation...it appears that this guy is just a wild college student & the "victim" is up to something....
With that said, after watching the last 4 games of Winston, inspite of him talking like an idiot on campus & walking out with crab legs (purportedly paid by boosters in some agreement) I'd welcome this guy in a second...Really check out this story and I'm sure many of you too would change your minds about his character...There is a freshman DE involved, that I'm pretty sure wouldn't lie...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not only would I take Winston, I'm also in for a good portion of his O-Line. OG Josue Matias would be an excellent 2'nd rd. pick, as OG Tre Jackson would be fine in the 3'rd. Even OT Cameron Erving in the 2'nd should be a solid pick-up. jmo.

Would love it if they draft Winston, could stop watching any Rams games ever again and go and support a successful franchise.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Seriously... what's it gonna take for the Winston crowd to shut up about the damn guy for just one week?

The draft isn't next week. No one can do anything about anything and the Rams have a game against the Cards this weekend! Any chance we could get this much energy to support Davis who IS our current QB???

I'm not telling anyone how to think, believe, etc. Of course not. And being honest about what we each think of our long term prospects are at each position is part of our participation as fans.

But, last I checked, Winston played for FSU and if the Rams can start winning games (something I think we all want), then NONE of the top QBs will be affordable to us (those would be Winston, Mariotta and Hundley at this point).

So, really, what would it take to stop beating this drum, even for a week? CUZ NOTHING NEW IS BEING SAID.

- Winston's a premier QB coming out of the college ranks. Got it. No really. Got it.

- Winston's got significant flags involving off field behaviors coming out of college. None of us knows how each NFL team will view them regardless of our personal views of the young man. And how the NFL teams view him will be all that matters.

And, frankly, I'm just being honest... this place is getting less fun having to read this all the damn time. These posts pervade more than just "Winston" threads. It's not like I can just "avoid" the " Winston" threads and go on my merry way anymore...

Frankly, other than the St.Louis/LA thing, I dunno of a more divisive thing atm and it's so unnecessary since the season is STILL GOING and we can't know our needs since we still have to play the whole season.

Any chance we could maybe redirect just a scosh more energy toward THIS season and actual games?

Just askin...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would love it if they draft Winston, could stop watching any Rams games ever again and go and support a successful franchise.

Well, that would suck for you that you spent all these years rooting for the Rams and left when they finally became great. :LOL:

Not only would I take Winston, I'm also in for a good portion of his O-Line. OG Josue Matias would be an excellent 2'nd rd. pick, as OG Tre Jackson would be fine in the 3'rd. Even OT Cameron Erving in the 2'nd should be a solid pick-up. jmo.

With the way they've played this year, no thank you. Especially not Erving. I haven't been impressed by Matias either. I think you can do better. I think A.J. Cann blows Matias out of the water and should be available in the 2nd.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
If Winston were white, nobody would ever think to compare him to Vince Young. He's nothing like Vince Young as a player. It amazes me that people compare Winston to players like Vince Young and Byron Leftwich. It's very common and it's done because he's black. Nothing like those two players.

For my money, Winston is most similar to Ben Roethlisberger.

Note: I'm not calling you a racist and I hate to play the race card. But it seems like people tend to compare black college players to black pros and white college players to white pros. I challenge anyone to name a true similarity beyond race for Winston and Young aside from both leading their teams to a National Title.

I don't think it's a race thing. I think it's more a Fisher vs. Young thing.

Everything is perspective.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously... what's it gonna take for the Winston crowd to shut up about the damn guy for just one week?

You know before you went on a rant, you might have checked when this thread was made and who bumped it. This thread is from September and was bumped by Prime because MARCUS PETERS was dismissed. This thread was not bumped by any Winston supporter.

Since it has Winston in the title and since most people aren't going to check the date when it was made, there will inevitably be Winston discussion.

However, your angry rant is misdirected.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think it's a race thing. I think it's more a Fisher vs. Young thing.

Everything is perspective.

I don't think it's purposeful but if this were Andrew Luck with those off the field issues(in this draft), I don't think a single person would compare him to Vince Young.

But that comment is from a long time ago.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With the way they've played this year, no thank you. Especially not Erving. I haven't been impressed by Matias either. I think you can do better. I think A.J. Cann blows Matias out of the water and should be available in the 2nd.

Unless the Rams trade down in the 1'st, doubtful Cann ever comes in play for us.

Well, that would suck for you that you spent all these years rooting for the Rams and left when they finally became great. :LOL:

I'd just wait until game 8 of each year and pick the team with the best record each year, it would be more moral than rooting for that piece of shit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd just wait until game 8 of each year and pick the team with the best record each year, it would be more moral than rooting for that piece of crap.

You can become a Patriots fan. :LOL:

Unless the Rams trade down in the 1'st, doubtful Cann ever comes in play for us.

Cann is a pure OG that is going to lack elite measureables. He'll get undervalued...like Larry Warford was.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I don't think it's purposeful but if this were Andrew Luck with those off the field issues(in this draft), I don't think a single person would compare him to Vince Young.

But that comment is from a long time ago.

Andrew Luck... the once in a generation player. He could get away with anything. That nerd beard gives him diplomatic immunity. :D

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You know before you went on a rant, you might have checked when this thread was made and who bumped it. This thread is from September and was bumped by Prime because MARCUS PETERS was dismissed. This thread was not bumped by any Winston supporter.

Since it has Winston in the title and since most people aren't going to check the date when it was made, there will inevitably be Winston discussion.

However, your angry rant is misdirected.

Every day in multiple threads, there are posts about Winston.

Enough, already. This crossed the line from idle speculation to full on hardcore, banging the table Draft mode weeks ago and we still have 8 games left in this season. I dunno what's left of this season, but considering that the off-season is LOOONG and the draft extends out to May now... we'll have plenty of time to go insane over idle speculation.... The season is now and it's short.

At this point, I hope the dood plays Baseball.

Rams0307

I hope the other teams in the league think the same way a lot of the fans on this forum think. That would let Winston fall right into our lap. (y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd become a 49ers fan before supporting Winston.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I guess we'll see what happens. Me? I'm not going to change my loyalties because of a player the Rams have. I rooted for the Rams when they had Leonard Little, I'll root for them when they have someone else...

Rainram

Starter
I'd be happy with the pick... but I seriously doubt the Rams pick that high. Fisher's teams always find a way to win a few games they shouldn't win.

This just about sums up my position.

I can easily see us picking in the 10-16 range. Is that overly optimistic?

Rainram

Starter
Every day in multiple threads, there are posts about Winston.

Enough, already. This crossed the line from idle speculation to full on hardcore, banging the table Draft mode weeks ago and we still have 8 games left in this season. I dunno what's left of this season, but considering that the off-season is LOOONG and the draft extends out to May now... we'll have plenty of time to go insane over idle speculation.... The season is now and it's short.

At this point, I hope the dood plays Baseball.

I see your point, but in all fairness this is a Rams Message Board...intended to discuss all things Rams-related...which would include the upcoming draft. If we were 8-0, I think there would be some threads/comments about the draft and players available. There are quite a few people into the NCAA as well as the NFL.

Another thing of note (and this isn't directed at you personally), but nothing says you gotta post in the thread. I stay away from almost all stadium/relocation threads. Largely, I don't care where they play (well, London might be a deal breaker for me). I read the threads, but I don't pounce on others for discussing about something that I don't care to discuss. I just go chat it up in other threads that do pique my interest. (y)