Bruglers' 2015 Mock Draft: Winston to Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's how I feel about Vick... and I might be right up there with Winston too. Some things are more important than football.

That said, I'd also rather drive nails into my testicles before supporting Vick. That doesn't mean I'm going to DO the former option. Just that if I HAD to do one or the other... which WON'T happen before you guys start thinking up logic traps to abuse my balls.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If this Mock draft expert is so astute, how does he think the Jets win enough games to draft after the Rams and the Browns?
And why wouldn't TB and Oak. take a QB? Both of their QB's are lower ranked than Davis.

If the Fo of Oakland has a brain cell left they trade The rights to the top QB of choice to the highest bidder for a Bob3 ransom.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Blah blah blah........ Fisher will not take this guy. And I would be surprised if we went QB in the first round. Sorry.... you heard it here first.....it will not happen in 2015.
Got to agree! O Line is where they need to go early and often! Fix it and the team can play with Davis or Sam or even Keenum!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
It's how I feel about Vick... and I might be right up there with Winston too. Some things are more important than football.

That said, I'd also rather drive nails into my testicles before supporting Vick. That doesn't mean I'm going to DO the former option. Just that if I HAD to do one or the other... which WON'T happen before you guys start thinking up logic traps to abuse my balls.

I have no interest in discussing your balls. Or constructing logic traps to abuse them. That's your wife's job.

:D

In terms of Vick; forgiveness, maybe?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I have no interest in discussing your balls. Or constructing logic traps to abuse them. That's your wife's job.

:D

In terms of Vick; forgiveness, maybe?
He didn't give those dogs much forgiveness, did he? And frankly, I think he's mostly sorry that he got caught (although I note again he didn't spend a single day in prison for animal cruelty. His sentence was for racketeering.)

Note that I'm not out to burn his house down or anything. I just will never support a team that hires him. Luckily, if there was ever any window for hiring him, it was 2010, and the team was smarter than that then.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got to agree! O Line is where they need to go early and often! Fix it and the team can play with Davis or Sam or even Keenum!

No, they can't. Fixing the OL does no good if you have no QB. Nor does the OL actually need that much fixing. I happen to think our OL would look a lot better with more competent QB play. We need to definitely fix one OG spot and replace Wells. But I feel like Barnes or Jones can replace Wells with a good OG next to them. Beyond that, add depth.

But we don't need to sink every pick into the OL. And having a great OL does us no good if the guy behind the OL can't get the job done.

So in the end, we're left with the option of relying on Sam coming off a 2nd ACL tear with his propensity to get injured or relying on Davis who hasn't shown to this point he can be relied upon either.

I want to root for a winning team. A healthy Sam inspires me but I can't count on him. Right now, Davis does not inspire confidence in me...no matter how good the OL is.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He didn't give those dogs much forgiveness, did he? And frankly, I think he's mostly sorry that he got caught (although I note again he didn't spend a single day in prison for animal cruelty. His sentence was for racketeering.)

Note that I'm not out to burn his house down or anything. I just will never support a team that hires him. Luckily, if there was ever any window for hiring him, it was 2010, and the team was smarter than that then.

Two words; Ron Mexico. :D

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Right now the Rams are in a 3 way tie for the 8th worst record which means they would be drafting 8th, 9th or 10th if the season ended today, if they go 3-5 or 4-4 in the second half they will be drafting in the teens. Mariota and Winston will be long gone by the time the Rams draft.

Ramathon

No, they can't. Fixing the OL does no good if you have no QB. Nor does the OL actually need that much fixing. I happen to think our OL would look a lot better with more competent QB play. We need to definitely fix one OG spot and replace Wells. But I feel like Barnes or Jones can replace Wells with a good OG next to them. Beyond that, add depth.

But we don't need to sink every pick into the OL. And having a great OL does us no good if the guy behind the OL can't get the job done.

So in the end, we're left with the option of relying on Sam coming off a 2nd ACL tear with his propensity to get injured or relying on Davis who hasn't shown to this point he can be relied upon either.

I want to root for a winning team. A healthy Sam inspires me but I can't count on him. Right now, Davis does not inspire confidence in me...no matter how good the OL is.

Thank you!

Ramathon

Right now the Rams are in a 3 way tie for the 8th worst record which means they would be drafting 8th, 9th or 10th if the season ended today, if they go 3-5 or 4-4 in the second half they will be drafting in the teens. Mariota and Winston will be long gone by the time the Rams draft.

And if the news about Winston being involved in point shaving turns out to be true......he won't be available for anyone to draft.

Athos

Legend
Whelp. Add point-shaving to his ever growing list of mere "allegations."

Smokes means fire. And there have been far too many allegations regarding this 10 cent brained dummy for them all to be just smoke.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And if the news about Winston being involved in point shaving turns out to be true......he won't be available for anyone to draft.

TMZ should consider itself very lucky that the standards for proving libel against a public figure are ridiculously high. They deserve to get their asshole reamed with a lawsuit for reporting allegations of that degree with no actual evidence. Their "report" is based on a person known as Incarcerated Bob who has been exposed as a liar and a fraud many many times. And Incarcerated Bob's supposed evidence is nothing more than him connecting dots because a high school friend of Winston made a big bet.

You don't have to like Winston as a person to think it's despicable that any media source would report on rumors of such great magnitude without any sort of real evidence.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whelp. Add point-shaving to his ever growing list of mere "allegations."

Smokes means fire. And there have been far too many allegations regarding this 10 cent brained dummy for them all to be just smoke.

Smoke means fire? Just like the Duke Lacrosse rape?

Smoke doesn't mean fire. Not when the media(TMZ especially) have no standards of journalistic integrity. Riddle me this, why would Winston risk a very lucrative NFL career on a $5000 bet? Why did Winston allow his team to fall behind 21-7 when they only needed to be down 1 point at half time? Why did his friend not bet more money?

The story is implausible, lacks real evidence, and was reported by a known liar and fraud.

I hate being Winston's defense attorney all the time but the eagerness of people to believe the worst is baffling. This point shaving story isn't remotely believable right now.

It just tells you how little the media cares about the truth. They will report anything. I actually respect the fact that ESPN actually has shown some journalistic integrity in not picking up the story thus far.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
TMZ should consider itself very lucky that the standards for proving libel against a public figure are ridiculously high. They deserve to get their arsehole reamed with a lawsuit for reporting allegations of that degree with no actual evidence. Their "report" is based on a person known as Incarcerated Bob who has been exposed as a liar and a fraud many many times. And Incarcerated Bob's supposed evidence is nothing more than him connecting dots because a high school friend of Winston made a big bet.

You don't have to like Winston as a person to think it's despicable that any media source would report on rumors of such great magnitude without any sort of real evidence.
If I didn't know better, I'd think you were his agent.
Of course you're not............or are you.;)

Athos

Legend
I actually respect the fact that ESPN actually has shown some journalistic integrity in not picking up the story thus far.

Seeing as I hold a degree in the field, that doesn't mean two tidily shits to me, especially after the ream job of OTL against Mizzou. Journalistic integrity is a manifestation of a by-gone era. But I'll give TMZ this, for all the trash they've peddled, they at least did(do) more investigative work than Saint Goodell and the NFL. Sure they have an agenda, but no one doesn't in field of "journalism" anymore.

My point is, I just wouldn't be a damn bit surprised anything Shaemis Winston does anymore. He made be off the charts smart in football, but he's a proven dumbass in the real world. Didn't want him before. Still don't want him now.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Jrry, I'll agree that spending all our draft picks on O Linemen is not wise! However, if one is the best pick on the board, he should be picked! It would be a position of need! A linebacker would be good as well as a QB. At this point, the Rams have given up a 4th in the next draft. Thinking that without a trade down, they have fewer options for getting a competent QB!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seeing as I hold a degree in the field, that doesn't mean two tidily shits to me, especially after the ream job of OTL against Mizzou. Journalistic integrity is a manifestation of a by-gone era. But I'll give TMZ this, for all the trash they've peddled, they at least did(do) more investigative work than Saint Goodell and the NFL. Sure they have an agenda, but no one doesn't in field of "journalism" anymore.

My point is, I just wouldn't be a damn bit surprised anything Shaemis Winston does anymore. He made be off the charts smart in football, but he's a proven dumbass in the real world. Didn't want him before. Still don't want him now.

TMZ reported it over 12 hours ago and ESPN hasn't run with it. That should speak volumes to you.

Journalistic integrity should not be a manifestation of a bygone era. If you are going to report something, you should be reporting the facts. That is an obligation that a journalist should owe his or her readers. Journalists are beyond lucky that Sullivan made it difficult to sue them.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were his agent.
Of course you're not............or are you.;)

I just think people pile onto players when they get a bad rep.

Ramathon

I just think people pile onto players when they get a bad rep.

And people do that because all too often those bad reps are well deserved. We don't know that's the case with Winston, but we don't know it isn't either.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And people do that because all too often those bad reps are well deserved. We don't know that's the case with Winston, but we don't know it isn't either.

No, they do it because people have a mob mentality. If it being deserved were the baseline reason for it, people wouldn't be so quick to judge.