Big Fish abruptly ended press conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mick

Pro Bowler
As John McKay once said, regarding the execution of his offense, "I'm all for it".

Irish

Starter
Regardless of what your opinions of Fisher the man and Fisher the coach are, the guy gets paid 7 Million dollars a season to stand at the podium and field questions, whether he thinks they are intelligent or not.

Petulant is a word I would use to describe our NFL head coach's behavior today

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Walking out is inexcusable. I'd 100% he'd rather blow his gasket then walk out because he the media isn't acting the way he wants it. If you can't handle it then maybe do your job and it won't be a problem. It's not piling on to expect a man to at least be able to own up to this blow out, Spags and Linehan could get through em just fine, no excuse for a guy who's been coaching 21 years.
Meh. Go ahead and think that. It doesn't really matter. He said the job he is doing is unacceptable as they've lost 4 in a row. I don't play a lot into him being fed up and wanting to cut the presser short. I can blame him for the poor performance of the team. In the end, that is what matters to me. Ending a presser short is pretty small potatoes - completely insignificant I would add. He's pissed. I'd MUCH rather him do that then blow a fuse in front of the media. Doing that would tell me far more than his ending a presser early. But that is my take and you have yours.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dude creates an environment where players have fun, and he's a bad coach because he's not strict enough.
Dude holds players accountable by benching them (being strict), and he's a bad coach because he drafted players who break rules.
Dude takes umbrage to a fat ass reporter insinuating the team had no effort, and he's a bad coach because he wouldn't stand there and take it.

Just say you don't like the guy and be done with it.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Couple things here...

First, I agree with him that it's not an effort issue. The fact that the local press is all over the effort shows they don't know wtf they're doing. The guys in there are playing hard.

Second, I don't blame him for walkin out. It happens. But what is interesting here is that it's very much unlike Fish to lose the room like that even when his back is against the wall.

What we can take from this is that Fish is more pi$$ed off than he's ever been with this team. And he should be. There is absolutely no reason this offense should be this bad. It's not just the QB. It's the whole pyramid from the bottom up and he has to do something about it. Cignetti is his hire. The guy is in over his head. Make the move Jeff, you would do it if Cigs was your DC.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
As John McKay once said, regarding the execution of his offense, "I'm all for it".
John McKay was great

After being told his teams didn't play with emotion: "Emotion is overrated. My wife is very emotional. She can't play worth a damn."

After another uninspiring effort: "We didn't tackle well today. But we made up for it by not blocking."

Asked where he stood on an upcoming game at Pittsburgh: "With Custer."

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Go
It often gets ugly towards the end. The house has crumbled and it's somewhat of a shock to many.
Good analogy! The Oline is the foundation and if you neglect your foundation your house will fall!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Why is this a big deal? I get it that the MobSquad is enjoying the ammunition, but this has happened 1000 times before in pro sports.
Coaches take questions and excuse themselves early because they're frustrated.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
After the personal questions about him as a coach I don't blame him for ending the conference. He answered the hardest question then left. It has been tweeted that Stan was in the lockeroom and I've heard that is a very Rare thing to happen. One poster on the Herd board said the last time that happened that Linehan was gone the next day.

I have no clue as to if anything is in the works. Was very unFisherlike as he can breeze through a grenade fight normally with his infamous coachspeak. I would hate to lose Snead . I think the pressure is on silent Stan right now too. Its not in his hands (location) anymore and he hates that. Fisher said it was 70% offense and 30% defense and execution. I'd be shocked if Stan pulled the plug right now as GW has been a HC before I think.

I thought this would be in the top two hardest games when the schedule came out. Who is surprised? I'm surprised Stan is there and In the lockeroom though.:santa:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sat by and watch this all happened with complacence and now when you're blown out and people are looking for answers it's all too much?
Please. Yeah - Fisher has been complacent. Are you hearing yourself? No coach makes it this far being complacent. Just because he didn't say the things you wanted to hear or act like a pissed off jackass doesn't mean he is complacent. Can you find a single player or fellow coach that would echo your assertions? Of course not. It is really a ridiculous thought that any NFL coach is complacent about the performance of their team. Some go the Rex Ryan route and some go Bill Walsh route. Coaching styles are different but NO coach makes it this far by being complacent.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why is this a big deal? I get it that the MobSquad is enjoying the ammunition, but this has happened 1000 times before in pro sports.
Coaches take questions and excuse themselves early because they're frustrated.
coiwbje1o4mt39czg.jpg

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'm not a fan of Fisher. But hell I'd walk out on the press conference too once the media started taking shots at my team. It's either walk out or start defending your boys and telling people to fuck off.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As competitive as I am I would be Tony La Russa esq when it comes to pressers after a loss. A bunch of pecker head media guys asking stupid questions. Heck when I mess up at work I'm heated before the boss even gets to me.

Comes with the territory hey we all jobs where there are things we don't like to do and that's why they give a cooling off period. I understand it can get frustrating, but I also think it was a fair question about the effort especially on the defensive side of the ball because the offense is such and disgrace!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Sometimes you just don't have the answers. Fisher and Snead made decisions in the draft and early in the year that are not working out, there is nothing that they can do about it now but ride out the year and see if they still have a job at the end.
I will point out that other teams that started slow have coached up their players and are now competing. That is what worries me the most about our staff, that their players seem to regress over the year instead of improving.