Big Fish abruptly ended press conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

While two reporters were in the middle of asking him a question.

Not a fan of this, if you get blown out, at least have the fortitude to take the hard questions that follow. Hope he has a good reason, because if he just did it not to hear it then he's completely lost me.

Wow. That makes me think the pressure has finally gotten to him in a way that is affecting him while he's speaking in public. I assume he has no answers for the questions being asked. I think he's starting to realize he really is (or should be) on the hot seat. Wow, just walking away from post game questions. Not cool.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
:palm:

Even Jeff cool is cracking. There is ZERO excuse for this outside of an emergency. Even the poorest coaches stand in there and take the bullets.

If I'm the owner, he gets shown the door that evening for showing lack of character. That's not the example you set for your team.

If Stan Kroneke doesn't address this in some way, it says everything about this organization at this point. Inexcusable.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd wonder what questions got to him, or if he is just fed up in general. I hope it is the latter because he needs to take a hard look at things at make a new offensive plan and turn up the heat on the entire team.

I know they have had crippling injuries but the team still makes mistakes in all three phases and QB play is horrid. Fix it or hanger up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
While I find this interesting... We lack more information. Just a tweet.

Athos

Legend
That's just childish.

Maybe he'll just retire from exhaustion.

One can hope.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
:palm:

Even Jeff cool is cracking. There is ZERO excuse for this outside of an emergency. Even the poorest coaches stand in there and take the bullets.

If I'm the owner, he gets shown the door that evening for showing lack of character. That's not the example you set for your team.

If Stan Kroneke doesn't address this in some way, it says everything about this organization at this point. Inexcusable.
I'm sure JT tweeted that Stan was spotted in the vicinity of the locker room too. Could this be the end for the Fish?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cuz it would be oh so much better to pull a Jim Mora or a Denny Green. Several coaches have walked out on press conferences - Ditka, Parcels, Ryan to name a few. It happens. I'm not defending the action but let's not just use this as an excuse by those who want him gone to pile on. The play of the team is sufficient.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I hope this means that Fisher knows he's getting fired and he doesn't give a fuck anymore. Probably not though.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You guys are amazing. "If I was the owner" as if we know anything about it or about what Fisher has been tasked with.

You think you want it more than Fisher:snicker:

I'll wait to see what dumb ass questions were being asked before I begin to think there is any thing more to it than him being fed up with the nonsense

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Seems like he got pissed off somebody questioned the players effort. That's where the video ends explaining it's not effort and the offense needs more production.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He built a team with zero offense and he is surprised/upset that he is losing? Amazing!:thinking:

FRO

Legend
As competitive as I am I would be Tony La Russa esq when it comes to pressers after a loss. A bunch of pecker head media guys asking stupid questions. Heck when I mess up at work I'm heated before the boss even gets to me.

Athos

Legend
Seems like he got pissed off somebody questioned the players effort. That's where the video ends explaining it's not effort and the offense needs more production.

Probably knows it's all the coaching and those questions were coming next.

Dude is just lost. Losing as much as he has in his career will get to you at some point and this team is worse than it was in 2012.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
From the video OldSchool posted posted; he looked pissed. I'm happy to see that. He should be.

I want Fisher to succeed here. I hope he figures it out.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Well, no

He was also asked if he was coaching well enough

Said that they've lost 4 in a row and that's unacceptable.

Sounds like he owned it to me.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cuz it would be oh so much better to pull a Jim Mora or a Denny Green. Several coaches have walked out on press conferences - Ditka, Parcels, Ryan to name a few. It happens. I'm not defending the action but let's not just use this as an excuse by those who want him gone to pile on. The play of the team is sufficient.
Walking out is inexcusable. I'd 100% he'd rather blow his gasket then walk out because he the media isn't acting the way he wants it. If you can't handle it then maybe do your job and it won't be a problem. It's not piling on to expect a man to at least be able to own up to this blow out, Spags and Linehan could get through em just fine, no excuse for a guy who's been coaching 21 years.